Question of the Day, November 18, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, November 18, 2010

Yesterday, we caught our first glimpse at the oddly named Cowboys & Aliens [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105390-Pop-Quiz-Which-of-These-Movie-Trailers-Looks-Great], a new flick starring James Bond and Indiana Jones (or, if you prefer, Daniel Craig and Harrison Ford). What do we think, Escapees? Is it hot, or not?

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Oh? Really?
I never heard or saw anything about that, so I'll go take a look now.
But with those two actors (Specifically, the latter actor), it might be worth keeping an eye on.

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
I haven't heard anything about it before, but with those two actors, that director and spielbergs backing, it has potential. It looks like a hell of a fun movie, but with top draw actors.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
Two pretty good actors in one film...

Seems like it could be worthy of my time.

But, I'll likely end up getting it on DVD instead of going to the theatre.

Technocrat

Nov 19, 2008
It's like if Red Dead Redemption had a War of the Worlds DLC!

Which, knowing Rockstar, I wouldn't put it past them.

Apr 28, 2008
Looks great.

However something like this is pretty easy to mess up. Hopefully it turns out good.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
Oh. I thought it was some sort of actual James Bond x Indiana Jones crossover movie and not just the actors of 2 of my favorite heroes in a movie together...

I'm now disappointed...

MNRA

Jun 8, 2009
I've never been a fan of anything cowboy related. Mayeb due to not being american? So I think I'll sit this one out.

EDIT: Though one thing that cowbow moives has going for it is that it allows at least the male characters to be "ugly" and not standardized hollywood perfection men. Still need to work on the women though...

DSK-

May 13, 2010
The trailer has piqued my interest, but most trailers these days are hardly indicative of what you will get in the film/product (which is obvious, I know).

Still, it seems to be an interesting premise at the very least.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Yeah... This is a definite see. I cant wait till it comes out. I just hope Carmike has it, so i can go to where i work to see it free.

TheSteeleStrap

May 7, 2008
I think I'll actually watch that when it hits netflix (best $9 a month anyone could ever spend. ever.) Oh and Olivia Wilde is involved, so that sounds like a good thing.