Captain Jack Sparrow Gets the Lego Videogame Treatment

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Captain Jack Sparrow Gets the Lego Videogame Treatment

Yeargh, me hearties! Disney Interactive and TT Games be workin' on a Lego adaptation of the Pirates of the Caribbean film trilogy!

It was inevitable, really. We have Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman and Lego Harry Potter, so it was only natural that TT games would start looking to brick-ify another blockbuster franchise that appeals to young and old alike. Besides, pirates have been one of the classic Lego concepts from the very beginning - Travelers Tales's Lego games and Pirates of the Caribbean fit together like a Lego brick and, uh, another Lego brick.

The game will follow Captain Jack Sparrow and the other characters you don't care about as they adventure through the events of the first film trilogy, as well as the upcoming Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides. It is currently scheduled to hit shelves alongside On Stranger Tides on May 2011.

As with previous Lego games, Lego Pirates of the Caribbean will be available for pretty much every current platform you can imagine: Xbox 360, PS3, PC, PSP, and DS. Presumably it will play exactly like every other Lego title out there (which isn't a bad thing [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/7799-Review-Lego-Harry-Potter]), only this time you're playing as a yellow brick version of Johnny Depp in eyeliner.

Frankly, I've heard (and had) worse ideas involving Johnny Depp in eyeliner.

(via Destructoid [http://www.destructoid.com/argh-lego-pirates-of-the-caribbean-game-coming-188026.phtml])

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
Well, it was only a matter of time now was it?

Maybe Lego: Die Hard is next?

Jesus Phish

Jan 28, 2010
are.you.the.god.its.me.vader said:
Dammit! I wanted LOTR lego....

Though this could be interesting....
I'm suprised that hasnt been done yet. They might be waiting until The Hobbit. Or perhaps they just havent gotten permissions yet.

My girlfriend will love the idea of this. The line

"The game will follow Captain Jack Sparrow and the other characters you don't care about" is almost aimed at her.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
This could be pretty cool (but then all Lego games have that potential) Since they're doing a Disney property, maybe we could see Lego Avengers in the future. Of course I'm still disappointed that it isn't Mega Man.

V8 Ninja

May 15, 2010
I want to sigh for some odd reason, but that would take so much effort...*sigh*...

Monshroud

Evil Overlord
Jul 29, 2009
I have to admin, I think this could be kinda awesome. The Lego games have been quite fun. Wondering what will be the next franchise..

Lord of the Rings, The Matrix, Jurrasic Park... ahh endless possibilities.

FungiGamer

Apr 23, 2008
If anyone hasn't noticed yet, most of the games seem to tie in with upcoming movies (although sometimes the time period between them is a little off) Lego Star Wars was around Episode III (or the Clone Wars I think) Lego Indy near Indiana Jones 4, Lego Batman after Dark Knight, and Lego Harry Potter several months before the upcoming movie.

I'd say expect Lego Batman 2 around The Dark Knight Rises and Lego Harry Potter Y5-7 near the last movie, and I will be completely surprised if they don't do Lego Ghostbusters once the 4th film comes around in 2012

Kinokohatake

Jul 11, 2010
Can't wait for Lego Saw. Think of all the interesting contraptions you could build to get yourself out of death.

Armored Prayer

Mar 10, 2009
Wait I thought Mega Blocks made PotC sets, or dose Lego now have permission?

Either way I loved to play it. Loved the previous Lego Games.

SturmDolch

This Title is Ironic
May 17, 2009
I love the Lego games. I don't own any, and have hardly played them, but I liked what I did play. The reason I love them is because this is exactly what I would have wanted as a kid!!!

I bought some Lego Harry Potter game about 10 years ago. I thought you would get to be Harry Potter, with Lego graphics. But it was some lame Creator game. If I wanted to play with Lego, I'd do it in real life! And guess what? Last year they released the game I wanted 10 years ago...

Plus pirates?

As a person who grew up on Lego, this is pure awesome, condensed into an elixir of syrupy awesomeness. I might even get this if it's on Steam and ever on sale (which is true with any Lego game, tbh).