Captain Jack Sparrow Gets the Lego Videogame Treatment

kickyourass

Apr 17, 2010
I'm surprised it took them this long. I for one am excited, maybe Pirates of the Caribbean will finally be enjoyable again.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
Lego, good. Pirates, also good. Pirates of the Caribbean, not so much. I only ever played a demo of the first Lego Star Wars game and I imagine all of the others since then didn't really add much to the...franchise? Series? Whatever. I'd like to see TT make some more original Lego games, but they don't appear to like anything that isn't tied on to a movie. Which is a shame unless they make Lego The Rocky Horror Picture Show The Game.

Myrph

Proud owner of a Jamtroller
Oct 27, 2009
John Funk said:
It was inevitable, really. We have Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman and Lego Harry Potter, so it was only natural that TT games would start looking to brick-ify another blockbuster franchise that appeals to young and old alike. Besides, pirates have been one of the classic Lego concepts from the very beginning - Telltale's Lego games and Pirates of the Caribbean fit together like a Lego brick and, uh, another Lego brick.
Its Traveller's Tales not Telltale. Telltale make point and clicks, Traveller's Tales make Lego games...

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Myrph said:
John Funk said:
It was inevitable, really. We have Lego Star Wars, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Batman and Lego Harry Potter, so it was only natural that TT games would start looking to brick-ify another blockbuster franchise that appeals to young and old alike. Besides, pirates have been one of the classic Lego concepts from the very beginning - Telltale's Lego games and Pirates of the Caribbean fit together like a Lego brick and, uh, another Lego brick.
Its Traveller's Tales not Telltale. Telltale make point and clicks, Traveller's Tales make Lego games...
Derp. Corrected, thank you :)

Tiswas

Jun 9, 2010
Lego Doctor Who needs to be next.

Taking out Lego Daleks and Cybermen would be so much fun.

But to be honest I'm surprised Lego Spiderman never appeared first.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
Damn it! I must get this, I can't help it, I just love the LEGO games.
And LEGO Pirates? That's awesome!

Netrigan

Sep 29, 2010
While I'm not much of a Star Trek fan, I would love to see them do a Lego Star Trek featuring various TOS episodes. Who doesn't want to play Lego Trouble With Tribbles?

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
I suppose this almost makes up for the fact that Armada of the damned was cancelled.

Tiswas said:
Lego Doctor Who needs to be next.
That would be a good idea, I'm surprised no one has thought of it yet.

Angelus SnV

Nov 19, 2009
John Funk said:
The game will follow Captain Jack Sparrow and the other characters you don't care about
I personally got a lil' tiffed over that one....I hated th'Sparrow character and quite frankly don't see what th'big deal is. DOn't get me wrong, johnny played that char. to th'nines, but i just didn't like th'guy....

i know, i'm th'minority...*sigh*

standokan

May 28, 2009
I like Sparrow, but prefer Gandalf, so pirates piss off i want lord of the rings.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Shycte said:
Well, it was only a matter of time now was it?

Maybe Lego: Die Hard is next?
THAT WOULD BE INCREDIBLE. But without a film to tie in to, I very much doubt they'll go for it. This really is just a side pot to successful franchises; if the franchise hasn't got a sequel comin' out then I doubt the companies who own the property would go for it. Otherwise you're just bastardizing the franchise with LEGO right? With no real clear financial gain involved beyond artificial nostalgia? That's what I've observed anyway.