Question of the Day, December 11, 2010

The Escapist Staff

Jul 10, 2006
Question of the Day, December 11, 2010

We've learned that the upcoming Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D will let players takes place on a cruise ship [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/105955-Capcom-Finally-Allows-Resident-Evil-Players-to-Run-While-Shooting]. Which catches your interest?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Revelations.

I really like the idea of the cruise ship setting. I always like the feeling of being on a what is essentially a house/city that's mobile. Like airships in JRPGs or...cruise ships!

And I really liked the cruise ship level in Splinter Cell: Double Agent.

Randomspike

Pinball Wizard
Oct 12, 2010
Revelations, I hope that there a lot of exploration and horror as it's been said that there will be.

Azuaron

Mar 17, 2010
I don't have an opposition to Resident Evil, but I had to choose that option anyway because there wasn't an "I don't have a 3DS" option.

ANImaniac89

Apr 21, 2009
Mercenaries should be an unlockable bonus in Revelations, which would also make the game much harder to pirate because the size of the overall game would be too big to fit on an average sized flash memory card.

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
I accidentally voted Mercenaries, but I'm more excited for Revelations. It looks great.

Azuaron said:
I don't have an opposition to Resident Evil, but I had to choose that option anyway because there wasn't an "I don't have a 3DS" option.
... neither does anyone else.

D0WNT0WN

Sep 28, 2008
Resident Evil: Revelations

It looks scarier with the whole cruise ship setting. Also didnt Sony announce a Resident Evil for the PSP? I always thought that Resident Evil 4 would be right at home on a PSP.

Ganthrinor

Apr 15, 2009
Haven't been a fan of Nintendo since the SNES days. Handhelds aren't really my thing either.

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I will go on record to say stop making these games and get to work on next gen resident evil outbreak now that the game doesn't have the old ps1 controls.

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Mercenaries. I like RE. But I hate how the shooting system works. Makes the game unplayable for me. Im gonna get a 3DS and will probably check Mercenaries out. At least after positive reviews.

Electrogecko

Apr 15, 2010
Ganthrinor said:
Haven't been a fan of Nintendo since the SNES days. Handhelds aren't really my thing either.
RE is Capcom.

I'm not really excited for either one, but I'm definitely more interested in Revelations. If, when it comes out, it gets good reviews I'll look into it, but that'll be after Ocarina of Time, Starfox, Metal Gear, Paper Mario, Mario Kart, and Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton.