6th Grader Shoots Potential Rapist

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Sauce: http://yilb.com/12-year-old-shoots-rapist/
Details: http://news.yahoo.com/okla-girl-12-shoots-intruder-during-home-burglary-120453440--abc-news-topstories.html

So this 12-year-old girl hears an intruder entering the house, hides in the closet, and when the intruder comes for her she fires her family's .40cal glock thru the door and hits him. He's arrested, little girl is safe.

.........AWESOME!

You're thoughts, Escapists?

TephlonPrice

Dec 24, 2011
The intruder got a gunshot and he's about to get his booty violated in the cell block.

Job well done, 12 year old girl.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
I thinks we're all jumping the gun by assuming the intruder is a rapist when the only crime they committed so far was home invasion.
Also damn, America needs better locks.

EDIT: Due to a severe case of misunderstandings allow me to reiterate.
1. The bold means it's a joke -nudge nudge wink wink-
2. I'm pointing out that he shouldn't be labelled as a rapist at all, just a burglar.
3. The Lock part is also a joke, that most Americans see their guns as the first and only line of defence, perhaps investment into a stronger door and security screens would have saved this girls from a traumatic experience.

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat 🐐
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
🇬🇧
That's pretty awesome, congratulations to the kid, although I disagree with the idea of people keeping guns in their houses (or on their person). For every rare case of a person possibly saved like this, there's accidents and the use of guns for crime to consider. I understand it may be different for our American friends since they have a large border with a poor crime-ridden country (no offence any Mexicans) which guns can leak over into the hands of criminals but I stand by my position in theory at-least.

TL;DR: Please flame me

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
We quite clearly have a real life Hit Girl

Although is there any proof on the "rapist" thing, or are people sensationalising that part?

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Keoul said:
I thinks we're all jumping the gun by assuming the intruder is a rapist when the only crime they committed so far was home invasion.
Well, as the article points out, the intruder didn't start taking things, his first instinct was to hunt down down the girl. So yeah. Maybe we are jumping the gun but still, there it is.

Keoul

Apr 4, 2010
Kurt Cristal said:
Well, as the article points out, the intruder didn't start taking things, his first instinct was to hunt down down the girl. So yeah. Maybe we are jumping the gun but still, there it is.
Again they didn't "rape" anyone so why are they being called a rapist?
They hasn't raped anyone or at least from what we're told, the article didn't exactly tell us their name or past history. They could've just wanted some nice clothes from the closet...

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
6th grader shoots house invader would be more appropriate.
Sure he's a shitty guy but nothing in those articles indicates that he was planning to molest or rape anyone. Nothing happened, no past offences. People seem to be going "RAEP" just to sensationalize this and get more views.

Also
"I think it's going to change me a whole lot, knowing that I can hold my head up high and nothing can hurt me anymore."
Yeah no.

BiscuitTrouser

Elite Member
May 19, 2008
Keoul said:
Kurt Cristal said:
Again they didn't "rape" anyone so why are they being called a rapist?
They hasn't raped anyone or at least from what we're told, the article didn't exactly tell us their name or past history. They could've just wanted some nice clothes from the closet...
Technically EVERYONE is a "potential" rapist in every story since you could say "I shot him but i reckon if i didnt hed be a rapist some 20 years from now or maybe tomorrow". So on technical terms its 100% true.

Im glad she didnt kill him in any case and im glad she didnt get harmed at all. Win win, justice system gets to punish the perp properly with due procedure and girl defends herself valiantly. Not a lot of moral grey here if im honest. To clarify im never morally comfortable with killing. Its excusable in self defense but i never like it. Best case scenarios are ones like these.

Cheesepower5

Dec 21, 2009
BloatedGuppy said:
Further evidence that all 12 year old girls should be armed with glocks.
lmaonade

I don't want to bask in joy over violence but... I do love violence...

I guess... What else is a 12 year old girl supposed tob do? Even if he wasn't a rapist, she was still in no position to defend herself from an assailant otherwise. Things happened the way they should have, even if it's a brutal, surely difficult thing for a kid to do.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Kurt Cristal said:
Keoul said:
That's funny, because that second article has no mention of rapists, it actually directly states "burglary" in the title.

Also, the first article states that they don't know if the guy was a rapist or not, just speculated there. And all because he didn't get the TV but went for the girl.

I just hate being lied to by the news. Let's examine some plausible alternatives - he didn't get the TV because it's a friggin' TV. Slightly suspicious, and less easy to carry. How about some jewellery or cash instead? Oh and he went for the girl? What if he wanted her to, you know, not call 911. Possible he wanted to do that before even getting the TV. Sure, he failed but I know if I broke into a house, and heard there was a child there, I wouldn't want them run around and complicate things for me.

For all the information we have, the intruder could have been a potentially a murderer, a kidnapper, or a zombie. Yeah, what would the walking dead want with a TV?

Other than that, well, it may have been a bit over the top, but otherwise a good reaction.

Dags90

Oct 27, 2009
DoPo said:
Other than that, well, it may have been a bit over the top, but otherwise a good reaction.
Shooting through a door is pretty irresponsible. I mean, it's a 12 year old so obviously, yeah.

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
That girl has some guts. Note to self: never piss off little girls with guns. That will not go well...

DJjaffacake

Jan 7, 2012
The girl is fine: good.
No one died: good.
Nothing got nicked: good.
Ehrmagerd, raep! sensationalism: not good.

SlaveNumber23

A WordlessThing, a ThinglessWord
Aug 9, 2011
Well done to the girl, I'll bet that was an unpleasant surprise for the guy. Rapist or mere burglar, the guy deserved it.

Keoul said:
Better to assume the person who has broken into your home is a rapist or murderer than let your guard down and give them a chance to take advantage of you.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
Dags90 said:
DoPo said:
Shooting through a door is pretty irresponsible. I mean, it's a 12 year old so obviously, yeah.
See, I agree with that. Even just take shooting alone - that's pretty irresponsible. Then again, she didn't have a horde of better options at the time. No experience, or actually ability to handle the situation better. I'm not saying we should arm all preteens, but she did as well as she could, I suppose, under the circumstances.

Imthatguy

Sep 11, 2009
SlaveNumber23 said:
Keoul said:
Better to assume the person who has broken into your home is a rapist or murderer than let your guard down and give them a chance to take advantage of you.
Totally but the point is that the term 'potential rapist' was stuck to him by the media cynically trying to gain some sympathy points and ratings.