7 year old boy: Recommend a WiiU game for him

Silverbane7

Jul 1, 2012
if he likes puzzle solving, you could try a used copy of scribblenaughts.
while some words dont work (i had a priest that needed to get rid of a ghost...bible would not work, but holy water did..) usualy there is a fair bit of wiggle room.
And it recognises a lot of real world words (like tardis, and a police box appears and you can go into black and white old time style XD)

windwaker is definately good to start young-uns off on the world of zelda. its colourfull and bright and, with a little help and encouragement, can have them enjoying the older and newer versions.

Roxas1359

Burn, Burn it All!
Aug 8, 2009
Dragonbums said:
Neronium said:
Dragonbums said:
I was going to suggest W101, but you said he doesn't really handle 3D spaces all that well. I'm not quite sure if there is a 2D 3D blend game out for the Wii U yet? I want to say Sonic Lost worlds does, but how often I don't know and it has lives.
Lives aren't as much a problem in Lost World anymore as SEGA patched it in to where you get lives after 100 rings again. The DLC as well loads you with lives also, with the Yoshi's Island one giving you the most. Now if it were Lost World at launch...yeah I'd keep him away from it. :p
In that case I guess it would be good. The only question is is the balance between 3D and 2D since he said his son isn't too big of a fan for that stuff.
I think it's not bad, as there are quite a few levels that are 2D actually. The entire Yoshi's Island DLC is 2D for one, and the eggs you collect turn into lives. The 3D levels as well aren't too big and sprawling either as you really can go in only one direction, which is forward. It reminds me of how Crash Bandicoot levels are, only a little bit bigger is all. Now the 3DS version, that one has giant levels that get as long as Sonic Heroes levels. Ironically enough though, Dimps' bosses are better than Sonic Team's again, especially for the final boss. :p

Really for Lost World, just playing the game from start to finish isn't frustrating. Going after the Red Rings though, yeah that'll cause frustration, but Red Rings aren't required to beat the game as they just give you Chaos Emeralds in the Wii U version, which aren't need for the final boss.

Pink Gregory

Jul 30, 2008
Silverbane7 said:
windwaker is definately good to start young-uns off on the world of zelda. its colourfull and bright and, with a little help and encouragement, can have them enjoying the older and newer versions.
I can go with that. Ultimately a simple concept you can spend a lot of time in; it'd be fantastic as a first action game as well. Plus as a first timer the old Zelda-fatigue doesn't set in.