Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coming in August

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Coming in August

The long-awaited Deus Ex: Human Revolution finally has an official release date.

Square Enix announced in December that Deus Ex: Human Revolution, which was originally slated to hit in the first quarter of this year, had been pushed back [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/106183-Square-Enix-Delays-Deux-Ex-Human-Revolution] into the extremely unspecific "FY2011" in order to give the Eidos Montreal team more time to polish what is expected to be one of the biggest game releases of the year. The delay was a big disappointment for Deus Ex fans, who have long craved a sequel to the old Ion Storm masterpiece, but today the news is brighter as we finally have a solid release date.

Deus Ex: Human Revolution will be out in the other month that starts with "A," specifically August 23 in North America. The date was revealed by both Twitter [http://www.ebgames.com/pc/games/deus-ex-human-revolution-augmented-edition/88750] by Human Revolution Art Director Jonathan Jacques-Belletête. The standard release of the game lists for $59.99 on consoles and $49.99 on PC while the Augmented Edition, which includes an art book, bonus DVD, a "motion graphic novel" and other such goodies, goes for $69.99 on consoles and $59.99 on PC.

Although there have been a few complaints that the delay from April to August is excessive, the vast majority of the response has been very positive. When asked for comment, Escapist Senior Editor Susan Arendt, who suggested in her February preview [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/reviews/previews/8670-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Hands-On-Preview] that the game "might need a whole new choir to sing its praises," responded with an enthusiastic obscenity that cannot be repeated here.

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
Oh goodie! I had thought I was going to have to choose between this and DA2 when I bought games next, but now I can get DA2 without regret! Strange how delays can actually be good sometimes...

-Seraph-

May 19, 2008
Hmm, plenty of time for me to finish up Deus Ex and judge whether I want this or not. Then again my birthday is August 20th, I could easily get this a a birthday present so I don't lose either way.

They can take all the time they need if it means a better game in the long run.

Apr 28, 2008
Yes. More time for more polish means better game.

This, I like. Also, gives me more time to focus this month on DA2 and Witcher 2. And Pokemon on top of that. Not sure if I can take any more.

N3vans

Apr 14, 2009
Thank fuck for that! A decent release during the summer games drought :D

jake557

May 30, 2008
You will now have this stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

You're welcome

RikSharp

Feb 11, 2009
when this was first delayed, i was disappointed.
they said they were polishing it, which is fine by me, rather wait for a better product.
now we have news that the amended release date is a couple days off my birthday.
that makes me happy.
augmented edition for me thanks.

vato_loco

May 24, 2010
Huh. I just found out about its delay, I thought it was coming next month.

Oh well, I'd rather have it delayed and polished than right now and flawed.

Hunter.Wolf

Jan 13, 2010
Hope it is for the better of the game and us (the players) .. i'm super hyped for this game ... nostalgic visions of my first Deus Ex gameplay sessions strike whenever i hear about DE3 ... i enjoyed the first game immensely despite the mediocre graphics .. and the sequel wasn't bad but never had the same depth and impact the first one had .. here is hoping the third one will have the best of both (graphics and gameplay .. and story of course .. which i think wasn't bad in DE2).

August can't come soon enough .. thanks for sharing .. i was waiting for that announcement for a while XD

solidstatemind

Digital Oracle
Nov 9, 2008
Okay, I'll speak for Susan (and me):

SIX MONTHS?!? Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck! I was really looking forward to this in next month!

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
jake557 said:
You will now have this stuck in your head for the rest of the day.

You're welcome
i also like the VersaLife one, among the rest of the great OST...

now, there's going to be a lot more complaints about their DLC crap and their over the top prices.

Lawyer105

Apr 15, 2009
Meh. I'm not even sure I'll pick it up yet. So far, everything I've seen indicates that they're taking everything that was awesome about the first one, and throwing it out the window in favour of loading it up with junky "everybody else is doing it" stuff.