Bully of "Zangief Kid" Claims He Was the Target

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Bully of "Zangief Kid" Claims He Was the Target

In an interview on Australian TV, the skinny bully claims that the "Zangief Kid" called him names first.

As always, things are not what they seem. Last week, we reported on a video of an altercation between two school kids in Sydney, Australia [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108538-Kid-Becomes-Little-Zangief-in-Response-to-Bullying]. In the forty seconds of video, a smaller child repeatedly punches an obese kid before the larger one flips out and body-slams the bully. The video went viral, and everyone from the hacker conglomerate Anonymous to tabloid TV show A Current Affair showed their support for Casey Haynes fighting back against bullying. The supposed aggressor Ritchard Gale was vilified for his actions, but in a recent interview on Australian program Today Tonight, the skinny little kid says that Haynes abused him first. Gale claims that he slapped and punched Heynes to stick up to his bullying, but that's not shown on the short video. Gale's family is distraught, as is Gale, for the amount of negative attention this incident as earned him.

"I was pretty angry," Gale says. "I wanted to smash him." But not because he was a bully but because in his view he was the victim. "He abused me first," says Gale. "He told me to get to class you idiot and all that kind of stuff."

The world thinks that Haynes was a victim, but apparently that's all bollocks. "That's just what he's saying, to make everyone stick up for him," Gale said. "He mouthed off at me first, and then pushed me and ran."

There follows an interview with his parents and how they are sorry that it happened, but Gale himself doesn't seem very apologetic. When the interviewer asks him point blank, "Are you sorry?" Gale responds, "No. He started at me first."

It's tough to tell what to believe here. There's a lot of gray area when it comes to kids and the stories they tell. The only truth is that no one may really know what happened in that hallway or what led up to that incident, except for Gale and Haynes.

ComicsAreWeird

Oct 14, 2010
Eh...I´m not buying this kid´s story. His lack of remorse is obvious.

Post edited because the accuracy of the photo is not confirmed.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
What a childish little shit that kid is.

He literally has the attention of the entire Austrailian continent and the internet bearing down on him and all he can think to say is the 'he started it first' excuse. Why would one guy bully someone who obviously had friends?

I foresee many, many more pizzas arriving at his house.

Nickolai77

Apr 3, 2009
Richard Gale's lying through his teeth. It seems pretty clear who's the victim and who's the bully from watching the video that went viral.

Darkauthor81

Feb 10, 2007
Even if this is true, the "bullying" Casey committed was telling the smaller kid to get to class and supposedly randomly pushing him once and then running off? Wow, I wish bullies were like that in my high school.

This kid is full of it.

RheynbowDash

Jan 26, 2009
Sounds like mom and dad are behind the scenes pulling the strings to me.....

Casey = Awesomesauce

That Bodyslam = FUCKING EPIC

Bretty

Jul 15, 2008
He looks like a smug twat. He showed he he is by those messages on Facebook to that girl.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
The kid has eyebrow piercing, (call me bigotted but) you can't trust anyone with an eyebrow piercing (unless it's complemented by several other piercings and a Punk or Metal T-shirt).

I dun buy it. We have him punching the other kid in the face and his mate videoing it. That doesn't exactly sound like a spur of the moment start up to me...

#Edit, why are all their teeth so yellow?

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
BAAAAAWWWWW...

Daystar Clarion said:
Of course he's the victim.

Everyone records themselves punching someone in the face.
Exactly.

Not buying it kid.

marcogodinho said:
Eh...I´m not buying this kid´s story. His lack of remorse is obvious and the fact that he told a girl on facebook that she should be raped tells me a lot about his character.
~.^

Huh? He did? Where did you get that little gold nugget from?

Ghaleon640

Jan 13, 2011
Ok, I would at least consider that Richard could have been telling the truth if in the original video he and his friends weren't laughing like little shits. And it was his friend that was shooting the video, so I don't think we're missing anything.

No, this is complete bull.

Have a good day.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
Father Time said:
marcogodinho said:
Eh...I´m not buying this kid´s story. His lack of remorse is obvious and the fact that he told a girl on facebook that she should be raped tells me a lot about his character.
When was this?
It came shortly after the video went viral. A girl negatively commented on his actions, he responded that she should be beaten and raped.

EDIT: Found it.

Lucifron

Dec 21, 2009
Three observations:

1. He has a pierced eyebrow.
2. Unprovoked fisticuffs.
3. If you aren't completely removed from empathy, psychology, and your childhood, you will be able to identify the bully and the bullied by watching five seconds of the clip.

Savvy?

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
After watching the video with the Street Fighter music in the background I really can't take any of this seriously anymore XP

AsurasFinest

Oct 26, 2010
Bullshit
He looked away at his dad after saying no and changed it to yes
If it was a spur of the moment thing, why did he have three friends and someone recroding, all the while laughing throughout it, acting like Rocky Balboa

Complete and utter bullshit, this kid lied throughout the whole thing and whats worse you can tell hes not even sorry about what he did