Microsoft Wants You To Do Some "Extreme" Shopping

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Microsoft Wants You To Do Some "Extreme" Shopping

Microsoft's new "Extreme" sale may sound a little ridiculous, but it's also got some ridiculous deals.

Rejoice, Xbox Gamers! It's time for yet another massive XBLA sale to begin, and the savings are going to be rolling out all week. The sale has been dubbed the "Extreme Shopping Sale", goes from now until April 4th, and includes some pretty major discounts.

The current sales list is pretty massive, but here are some of the major highlights. The entire "Undead Nightmare" Collection Red Dead Redemption has been reduced to 1000 MS Points ($12.50) , Costume Quest is half-off at 600 MS Points ($7.50). Not only that, but some other great games like Monkey Island 2, Crazy Taxi, and Darwinia are also on sale at half price. Finally, come April 1st, Fallout: New Vegas's "Dead Money" add-on will be going for 400 MS Points ($5), while Fable 3's "Understone" DLC will go for 200 MS Points ($2.50).

You can read the (rather long) list of stuff that's going to be on sale over at Major Nelson's blog. Now, if you need me, I'm going to to be over here killing some undead cowboys.

Source: Major Nelson

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Cool. My 360 may be online, but I've got a 400 point balance via Xbox.com.

I think I'll pick up the Fable 3 DLC.

DO NOT GET CRAZY TAXI.

They removed the fucking soundtrack.

Altorin

Jack of No Trades
May 16, 2008
is that 1000 points for red dead redemption for the actual game or just the DLC? cause I was planning to get arrival, but if I can get RDR for 1000 points, I'll put off getting arrival

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
I just bought Darwinia+, Crazy Taxi isnt worth it without the soundtrack (it isnt the original nor the Offspring soundtrack).

Already had the DLC for Red Dead Redemption. Didnt liked Costume Quest and there is also a game for 160MP, its crappy though, Unbound Saga.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
believer258 said:
Arrival's only going to be 560? Hot damn!

Or is that its normal price? Anyhoo, this seems to be nothing compared to a Steam sale. MS wouldn't know a sale if it slapped them in the face with a glove full of bricks, Bugs Bunny style.
Their sales are good though, when there is only one or two products on sale its usually 50%/70% off.

Got Blacklight Tango Down (generic, I know) for 600MP and Geometry Wars 2 for 400MP. Also got Darwinia+ for 400MP

Dastardly

Imaginary Friend
Apr 19, 2010
vansau said:
Okay, maybe you can help me get some straight answers:

I do not own Red Dead Redemption. I'd like to play Undead Nightmare. I'm told the disc is a standalone, but several sources say the downloaded version requires the original game. I'm also told that the "collection" pack includes two other DLC packs that can't be used with Undead Nightmare standalone, as it lacks the normal story mode.

So, which the hell should I buy if I just want the zombie western experience without the core game?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
these sales would be better if ms didnt charge way too much for the hard drives for the 360, I still have an old 20 gig and Im not paying 100 bucks for a 60 gig one

hansari

May 31, 2009
Oh NOES!

Steam has got some big time competition entering the arena!

(That is if Microsoft doesn't keep making mistakes like this Crazy Taxi nonsense)

XT inc

Jul 29, 2009
I'm sorry xbox I got steam and I know what deals are, these aren't deals. Its like going to a store that offers you 50% off an item every time you shop there, but the mark up is by 40-50% so you are only really getting retail or slightly below retail prices.

Now if history repeats its self Steam will have a random sale those days and beat the pants off of what every MS is selling. Like when everyone rejoiced at the sale of SuperMeat Boy and then steam sold it at an even deeper discount.

Shamus Young

Jul 7, 2008
These deals are indeed extreme! Why, they are only double the prices of the average Steam sale!

More seriously, I hope Microsoft figures out what Valve figured out ages ago, and brings prices down in general.

And then I hope they fix Games for Windows LIVE.

And then I hope to win the lottery and have world peace and learn to fly with the power of friendship.

RA92

Jan 1, 2011
Shamus Young said:
These deals are indeed extreme! Why, they are only double the prices of the average Steam sale!

More seriously, I hope Microsoft figures out what Valve figured out ages ago, and brings prices down in general.

And then I hope they fix Games for Windows LIVE.

And then I hope to win the lottery and have world peace and learn to fly with the power of friendship.
Slow down Shamus, you gotta start small...

First you have to ask MS to stop being <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.271491-Microsoft-Defends-Games-on-Demand-Pricing>absolute <url=http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/7.273607-Machinarium-Studio-Not-Interested-in-Microsoft#10582801>cunts.

Aura Guardian

Apr 23, 2008
Dammit. I don't want any of those. Gimme a deal on something like Neogeo Battle Coliseum for example. Something I know I want