Deus Ex: Human Revolution Collector's Edition for Europe and Australia Only

Greg Tito

PR for Dungeons & Dragons
Sep 29, 2005
Deus Ex: Human Revolution Collector's Edition for Europe and Australia Only

Americans are left with the sub-standard "Augmented Edition" that doesn't feature a life-like Adam Jensen action figure.

The first Deus Ex game is revered for offering meaningful choices in how the player achieved his goals. Now publisher Square Enix is limiting choice by restricting which special editions consumers will be allowed to buy based on where they live. If you reside in Europe, Australia or New Zealand, you can buy the "extremely limited" Collector's Edition on August 26, 2011. The pack will include an amazing looking action figure of the main character complete with guns and other accessories, in addition to several in-game weapons, missions and items. There's no word on how much the European Collector's Edition will cost at retail but it's likely to be more than the £45 announced for the "Augmented Edition."

In contrast, Americans will only be able to purchase the Augmented Edition when Deus Ex: Human Revolution [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/108313-Deus-Ex-Human-Revolution-Coming-in-August] reboots the franchise in that region on August 23rd. Unfortunately, when I asked Square Enix why us Americans were being shortchanged, all I got was some inane marketing copy in response.

[gallery=205]

"Deus Ex: Human Revolution immerses gamers in its world with its compelling story, smart, varied gameplay and breathtaking visuals," said a representative from Square Enix Europe. "The Collector's Edition takes players' experiences with the game to the next level with must-have, in-game content and supplemental items. This truly is the total package for all fans of the Deus Ex franchise."

Hmm, not exactly meaningful.

Here's what you lucky bastards overseas will get with the Collector's Edition:

Highly collectable Adam Jensen action figurine designed by Play Arts Kai
Explosive Mission Pack: An entirely new mission with a special cameo appearance from one of the original DEUS EX characters
Exclusive in-game weapons: Automatic Unlocking Device, M-28 Utility Remote-Detonated Explosive Device (UR-DED), Linebacker G-87 multiple shot grenade launcher, Huntsman Silverback Double-Barrel Shotgun, SERSR Longsword Whisperhead silenced sniper rifle
10,000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons
DVD featuring a 44-minute "making of" special, 30-minute game soundtrack, motion-comic (adapted from DC Comics' official series), E3 trailer and animated storyboard
40-page art book

I'm not saying that I play with dolls like Dark Helmet [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LMxTFqPET5I], but that Adam Jensen figure is pretty damn cool.

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Adam Jensen is "generic cool", so I'm not missing much. I'd get it for the DVD, motion comic, and soundtrack, though.

All collector's editions should come with soundtracks, imo.

Dahemo

Aug 16, 2008
I thought I would just chance my arm and offer to do the unpacking video with a UK edition if you would like? All I'd need would be an xbox 360 copy. Pretty please? I just love Deus Ex so huggy much...

Littaly

Jun 26, 2008
What the hell does "Highly collectable" mean? Can something be more collectable than something else?

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
oh god really? so now my preorder is going to come with a sodding action figure too? christ...

Anah'ya

a Taffer
Jun 19, 2010
Give me that piece of collectible right now. My shelves hunger for a Deus Ex collectible that goes past the original box of the first game.

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
All sounds good on the proviso that the game isn't a massive disappointment like Invisible War was. Here's hoping that as well as all this fairly floss they actually remembered to give the game back the depth they took away for the first sequel.

Aizsaule

Oct 10, 2010
collectors edition gives 10.000 bonus credits -.- ,always feels like cheating when they do that.

Tulks

Dec 30, 2010
googleback said:
oh god really? so now my preorder is going to come with a sodding action figure too? christ...
I'm sure there'll be plenty of people willing to take it off your hands.

Nice to see Europe and (gasp!) Australia getting a bonus for a change.

googleback

Apr 15, 2009
Tulks said:
googleback said:
I'm sure there'll be plenty of people willing to take it off your hands.

Nice to see Europe and (gasp!) Australia getting a bonus for a change.
good point, might get a good price on ebay. win!

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
Consider how often the rest of the world gets screwed on this sort of stuff, I sort of approve that it's the yanks getting the shaft this time.

Personally I'd like to see with this region crap done away with totally, nothing shits me more then when a company runs a count down announcement (like Bioware last year) or puts out a collectors item (like this) that you're awaiting only to find you're not welcome because of some stupid regional crap.