Report: Ubisoft Accidentally Reveals Next Assassin's Creed

John Funk

U.N. Owen Was Him?
Dec 20, 2005
Report: Ubisoft Accidentally Reveals Next Assassin's Creed

Somebody at Ubisoft may have pressed the wrong button early, leaking information on Assassin's Creed: Revelations to the public.

According to a thread on official Assassin's Creed Facebook page [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428872] asking for "Likes" in order to reveal information on the next game in the series.

The Facebook update (which has since been hastily removed) included links to Flash file [http://fbtabs.ubi.com/acr/fbtab/] (reportedly, anyway - I can't get it to load myself). Said Flash file supposedly contained the Assassin's Creed: Revelations logo you see here, as well as the name "Altaïr" in Arabic script. Altaïr, of course, was the protagonist of the original Assassin's Creed.

Now, all of this information should be taken with an entire shaker of salt - while the image on Ubisoft's servers does indicate that the publisher is about to reveal information on the next Creed, nothing else is concrete.

Even if we did extrapolate that this game returns players to the Crusades instead of the Renaissance-era Italy of AC2 and Brotherhood, we know nothing else. Revelations (assuming this is the actual name) could be a portable title like Bloodlines, or it could be a full-fledged console title like the three main games in the series. Heck, it could be an iOS or Facebook title too, for all we know.

One thing's for sure, though: If the game really does bring back Altaïr, it shows that nobody likes bland ol' Desmond - not even Ubisoft.

(Wired [http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=428872])

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
I can confirm everything in that post as someone posted a link to the page here on the forums not to long ago. It was a page for an ARG like with the potatoe sack except progress was made by sharing the info through twitter and facebook. Now that I know it was a mistake I wish I'd taken a screen shot as following the link in my history returns a 404.

The look of the page was setup like an Animus monitoring thing with a flickering picture like you would see as an area is loaded in the AC games. The picture was obscuring an image behind it but I couldn't tell what it is. Best I could figure was it was either palm tree, some asian building, or the Syndey Opera house. That last bit is speculation as you really couldn't tell what it was hiding.

The progress bar to completion of the reveal was at 3% when I visited.

The twitter link worked and I posted one of the share messages to twitter but the facebook one did not. There were multiple messages to chose from; I posted this one to my twitter page.

Help me reveal the new Assassin's Creed #ACReveal http://ubi.li/w7yD

Random Argument Man

May 21, 2008
John Funk said:
One thing's for sure, though: If the game really does bring back Altaïr, it shows that nobody likes bland ol' Desmond - not even Ubisoft.
Or maybe they still don't know what the hell to do with his story line...

FaceFaceFace

Nov 18, 2009
John Funk said:
How so? Desmond was there when we played Altair initially, it would just mean they've (illogically) gotten bored of real-character Ezio.

Personally, I hope they continue the direction that seemed to be the original intention, each game starring a new assassin in a different location and time period. There are so many cool historical places that could be used. Ancient Egypt, Industrial England, Feudal Japan, Ancient Rome. Here's hoping for some creativity.

NinjaDeathSlap

Leaf on the wind
Feb 20, 2011
I remember reading all the codex pages in AC2 talking about Altair's exploits after he became leader of the Order and thinking "Hmm, I maybe they could make a game of this story." Were Ubisoft listening?

Although this would be ok I kinda wish they'd just focus on AC3 (or 4 whatever they'll eventually call it). I want to see what other periods of history they can take us too, rather than just back to the crusades. I want to be introduced to new characters rather than just reuse old ones. I want to know more about Subject 16. I want to know more about the people who made the pieces of eden, what happened to them, what the threat they are warning Desmond about is, and how the assassins fit in to all this, I got the impression from the end of Brotherhood that the Assassins aren't entirely human?

I want them to give me more of the story that I'm really interested in, and while it may be a perfectly good game, I don't particularly want a spin off.

evilstonermonkey

Oct 26, 2009
It is a new batch of 10 missions for the Assassin's Creed Facebook game!
FFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...

Actually by the end of Brotherhood I kinda liked Desmond. I would like to see a new setting explored though. If they are bringing back Altair instead of Ezio or a new ancestor I could get behind that, though hopefully they will flesh him out more. He really matures over the course of the first game but you never really get to see the result of that except for a few moments at the end and flashes of it through the Codex pages in 2. And it would be good to see Malik again.

Outlaw Torn

Dec 24, 2008
I can't help but think of The Matrix Revolutions when I read the name. And the fact that both the Matrix and Ass. Creed involve regular blokes plugging in to computers to be less regular, then becoming more than meets the eye in the real world...it's slightly scary.

My prediction on a plot. Desmond becomes super fantastic assassin man outside of the Animus, with new powers in tow he decides to lead a one-man-one-woman assault on some Templar mega-super-HQ. The one-woman component of the assault will die in a spiky-things-through-organs incident, Desmond goes on alone whilst other, more ethnic characters fight templars elsewhere. Desmond jacks in to the Mat.. an Animus in the Templar ice-cream factory and battles the ultimate evil. Cue martyrdom and allegory as well as the obligatory hook for potential sequels.

ZombieGenesis

Apr 15, 2009
So instead of staying in one place on their 'through time' journey...they've decided to go backwards again? I stopped caring after the first game anyway.

gunner1905

Jun 18, 2010
I really really like AC series but please release it at the same time for the PC
I will buy all the DLC I don't care, I don't even mind the stupidly ridiculous always on DRM
please please release it on the PC on the same day

because I cannot stand playing another AC game on the PS3 with sub 30 fps and medium to low graphics (AC Brotherhood, I borrowed it from my friend and even though it irritates me I like it so much I still bought all the DLC) when I know I can play it on my PC with constant 60 fps and high graphic settings (AC 1 and 2)

Celtic_Kerr

May 21, 2010
HankMan said:
Celtic_Kerr said:
One thing is for sure though. I. Want. It.

If it's real... If not...

MAKE IT REAL!
Nothing is certain everything is permitted
HankMan, I name you my official fucking hero for your excellency in producing the perfect quote