7th Sea: the Fragments of Theus (Game Thread - Closed, Started)

Texas Joker 52

All hail the Pun Meister!
Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

Before the Castillian man could reply, El Vago took the time then to speak up as well, adding her own insight into matters of love, as well as marriage.

"I think there's been a misunderstanding. I doubt they deny love; more likely love before marriage. True love - in at least the Castillian mind - isn't born of passion. Passion is easy and fleeting. Passion fades and moves onto other things. Other people. Love comes from sharing good and bad times together. In a well matched marriage, the two will fall in love over time as they get to know each other. My point is that love is complicated; not that this should be news."

Beatrice looked over with an expression of interest at that. Then she nodded slowly, both in approval and some measure of agreement. El Vago's companion voiced his own thoughts when they reached the docks, so she didn't listen very closely. Instead, her attention was set to figuring out how to get onto the ship in question, which was made all the more obvious due to the haste of its crew, even compared to it's sister ships.

It was when she noticed a familiar face readying a raft that a smile curved her lips and she motioned for her companions to follow.

"Over here. I have an idea." she said, before approaching the assassin and his new acquaintance.

The moment she reached them, she smiled and held up a hand in greeting even as she stepped in.

"Renault, fancy seeing you here. Since it seems you're going to be causing trouble for the pirates, I hope you don't mind if we join you." she told him before motioning to the two following her, "This is El Vago and her companion, we're looking for the missing bride, who happens to be on that ship." she continued, pointing to the aforementioned ship.

"You just need to drop us off there if need be. Oh, and before I forget," she started, turning to the newcomer and extending a friendly hand, "I'm Beatrice Fausti. If only the circumstances were better."

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
A woman stepped onto the raft with her companions, apparently familiar with Renault. Rose recognized her from the inn with Reyes, but was reasonably sure they hadn't spoken. She was trailed by El Vago- or was the properly La Vaga? The masked figure was very obviously a woman- and a man whom she hadn't met.

"You just need to drop us off there if need be. Oh, and before I forget, I'm Beatrice Fausti. If only the circumstances were better." She extended a hand, and Rose took it with a courteous bow.

"I am Rosemonde Baudin. A pleasure to meet you, Senorita Fausti. And what luck! Renault and I are heading out to that ship as well, looking to ruin a few more pirates' days. [small]And hopefully find Reyes,[/small]" she added under her breath. "Renault, if you would kindly...?"
Rose gave a solid kick to the dock, helping push them off.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"I am Rosemonde Baudin. A pleasure to meet you, Senorita Fausti. And what luck! Renault and I are heading out to that ship as well, looking to ruin a few more pirates' days...." Spoke the lady that was already in the raft, introducing herself and the rifleman next to her. Garrett thought he heard her say something very quietly, but he wasn't proficient enough in reading lips to hazard a guess. "Renault, if you would kindly...?" Asked Rosemonde before giving the dock a solid kick before they were off towards the ship that Beatrice pointed out earlier.

"And a pleasure to meet you as well Madamé Baudin. If I may be as so bold as to ask, for what reason may you be heading towards this pirate ship? You looking for the missing bride as well?" Garrett asked politely before looking at Renault who was busy rowing the raft towards the large ship that was their destination.

"Care for a hand with the rowing?"

MortifiedPenguin

Not So Despicable
Jun 8, 2012
"You touch my shit and I swear to Theus, I will fucking howl so loud the dead will hear it." He hissed, glaring nastily at Yvonne.

".... We'll keep your gear as collateral, and I promise at least 50 percent of it back by the end of this misadventure." She heard Reyes go on the counter attack.

"Oui, Oui." She replied despondently as she wandered back to the prisoner and re-gagged him. "I think this is much easier though." With that she stuck her tongue out him to provoke a response, "And it means we get to keep 100 percent of the loot."

Yvonne returned to the man's bagged and picked her way through them, a few vials of something or other and a book.

"Boring," She yawned as she flicked through the pages, skimming their contents, "Reyes, shall we get to rescuing the damsel?"

Arcanist

Feb 24, 2010
A group of people he recognized approached the docks as he got ready to shove off - including a very familiar looking fate witch. He sighed and rolled his eyes - he still didn't get the impression she was of much use in a fight. "This is El Vago and her companion, we're looking for the missing bride, who happens to be on that ship." Renault perked at this information. He hadn't heard anything about a missing bride, and... wait.

Did she just say that man was El Vago? THAT El Vago? The same El Vago Demon Company had tried and failed to find and assassinate on numerous occasions? The same El Vago that had lieutenants and informants die at his own musketpoint?

Renault sincerely hoped El Vago thought Demon Company was as dead as l'Demont, because it would be quite awkward if he didn't. "H-hello, sir! El Vago, was it? It's an honor to meet you in person!" He gave a nervous laugh and let the group board the boat, shoving off as they finished filing on.

"Care for a hand with the rowing?" Seeing as he was still running on only a few hours of sleep, he wouldn't object to an offer to help take strain off his weary body. He shifted to the side and left an oar open for the man to take for himself.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]Docks[/HEADING]

The Inquisitors were taken aback by Rose's "request" to say the least. They reached for their blades to deal with the interloper but were stopped by two occurrences. The first was the arrival of the rest of their company - lead by Beatrice and followed by four well armed warriors - including one powerful Don and El Vago. Needless to say, the Inquisitors took the somewhat more intelligent act of backing away.

Before long the group were in the current, making their way through cannon and musket fire toward a pirate vessel.

Adrianna remained quiet for the most part; trying to stay focused on the task ahead. Getting across the water was a trick, but climbing the side of the vessel without dying in a storm of bullets was a different matter all together. Her concentration was broken however by one of their new companions - a Montaigne man with a rifle. "H-hello, sir! El Vago, was it? It's an honor to meet you in person!"

Adrianna couldn't help but feel a little bemused by the hesitation in his voice - She knew Montaigne held no love her the disguise she wore; particularly those in the Grand Army. She nodded back, letting him know she'd no intention of making an enemy when they had more then enough by offering her hand - first in a shake and then at the rowing.

It was about half a minute later that a cannon ball broke the water not 20 feet off their starboard side; its source made clear by the smoking barrel of a nine-pounder on the shore; manned by the same Inquisitors they'd taken the boat from and commanded by one of the Inquisitor captains. For that was the second reason they withdrew; how better to deal with trouble than with cannons.

Fortunately, the cannons took time to load and only one was pointed toward their tiny raft; the rest were aimed at pirate vessels. All the pirate vessels save the one with the bride aboard; the pirate vessel with more than two dozen Inquisitors climbing the sides toward some unknown goal.

[HEADING=2]Pirate Vessel[/HEADING]

Outside the lonely little room, people seemed to rush past every few seconds; their boots slamming hard into the wooden deck as they tried to move elsewhere in the ship for reasons unknown. Still, none seemed likely to enter the room just yet.

Finally, after several minutes, the running and yelling faded back into the background of the battle and, of sound were to be believed, no one awaited them outside the small cabin's door.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

Beatrice smiled as the woman took her hand with an elegant bow, and introduced herself.

"I am Rosemonde Baudin. A pleasure to meet you, Senorita Fausti. And what luck! Renault and I are heading out to that ship as well, looking to ruin a few more pirates' days."

Her smile widened further when she realized just how fortunate they were, and couldn't help the soft chuckle.

"That is a stroke of good luck. Lets hope it doesn't stop here." she said before looking to the pirate ship in question.

She settled herself near the front of the boat itself and relaxed as best she could while Renault, El Vago and her companion worked to row and steer the ship in the right direction. In fact, it didn't take long for her to see that their destination was quickly going to be overrun with both Inquisitors and pirates, with the pirates having almost all of their attention directed to the uniformed boarders.

Now, if only the Inquisitors didn't-

Her train of thought was immediately cut short as a cannonball splashed not too far from their little rowboat, and she whirled around to see the smoking barrel of an Inquisitors cannon on the shore, aimed directly at them.

"I don't believe it! Those ignorant, petty swines just shot at us!" she hissed under her breath before stabbing one hand into the air with a very insulting gesture before she started yelling, "You rancid piles of horse-shit, shoot at the Theus-be-damned pirates, not us!"

Once she was finished, she sat down with an irritated huff.

"All the more reason for me to despise those uneducated, hypocritical bastards." she murmured, purely to herself.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
Garrett took over from the tired Renault as they carried on rowing towards the largest of the three pirate ships that was in Altamira's harbor; whilst all around him he could here sounds of cannon and musket fire as the Pirates and the Inquisition fought against one another. A realization came to his head that perhaps this ragtag team of rescuers could use the fighting to their advantage.

Moments later though, Garrett ducked as he could hear the sounds of cannon fire coming from behind him. Opening his eyes and saw that they hadn't sunk, he turned round to see a large cannonball sink twenty feet to their right. Looking around, Garrett could barely make out the smoke trail from a Inquisitorial cannon back on shore. Whilst he was a bit perturbed at such an act, Beatrice was even worse.

"You rancid piles of horse-shit, shoot at the Theus-be-damned pirates, not us!" She shouted at the top of her lungs whilst giving a rather obscene gesture. Beatrice then sat down in an irritated huff with her arms crossed, looking as though she was about to sulk.

"Don't give the Inquisition more reasons to shoot at us, but I doubt as though they actually heard it." Garrett remarked as they were getting closer to the ship's starboard side, he noticed that the stern of the ship wasn't as well defended as the rest. There were a few pirates sure, but not enough that it would be a problem he hoped.

"Say, how's everyone at climbing? I figure if we row around to the stern, we can climb up it to get aboard without as big a risk of getting shot at. Plus these Pirates will likely be focusing their attention on the Inquisition."

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"Oui, Oui... I think this is much easier though. And it means we get to keep 100 percent of the loot."

"Ouch." Reyes sucked in air through his teeth, looking to the bed ridden one with a bit of sympathy. His morally dubious partner in crime flicked through the mans personal belongings, Reyes looked out the porthole. Inquisition were firing cannons, even at a raft... he noticed red on it, and perhaps his mind was too tired to think it anyone but his Rose.

"Boring, Reyes, shall we get to rescuing the damsel?"

"You may, I believe I want to see if our friend here can help. You being here, after so stupendous a dick move as that, would make negotiations... tense, to say the least. If you find our pretty little damsel without me, please mention my help to her parents." Reyes waved her off, looking out the porthole again. With Rose and... other people aboard the thing he could probably take the ship quickly. He'd free the Alchemist when she left, and see if he'd help. Probably not, but who knew?

Terratina.

RIP Escapist RP Board
May 24, 2012
"So shall we return to the university or is there another healing place you had in mind, father?"

Erasmo turned to watch the others leave, a forlorn look almost crept onto his face. Despite the fact he had rid himself of that troublesome Sorte Witch, he couldn't doubt the appeal of charging up to a row of pirate ships in order to save a damsel-in-distress. But, it wasn't that exactly. Erasmo had always viewed those who preyed on others with disgust but a certain experience with pirates had burnt a channel of hatred into his mind. On the other had, that particular group couldn't really be called pirates, raiders could be said to be a more appropriate term, well, raiders-for-hire would probably be the most accurate way to put it. Regardless, the priest-in-training reminded himself it wasn't time for that sort of thing - not just yet - he needed to get where he needed to be first. This business with the pirates was getting kinda irritating.

Nevertheless, the goody two-shoes turned back to the injured man with a faint smile, "The former. Come on, let us be off."

Deu Sex

Aug 26, 2012
"Oui, Oui... I think this is much easier though. And it means we get to keep 100 percent of the loot."

Jean's eyes went wide when the Montaigne girl re-gagged him. Muffled yells came from the boy's mouth, as he glared angrily at the older girl and futilely shook about. His expression turned from angry to furious when she began searching through his satchel, particularity when she began skimming through a book.

"Boring, Reyes, shall we get to rescuing the damsel?"

"You may, I believe I want to see if our friend here can help. You being here, after so stupendous a dick move as that, would make negotiations... tense, to say the least. If you find our pretty little damsel without me, please mention my help to her parents."

Jean cocked a brow at the naked, red man's words. Negations? Were they really going to try that after openly discussing stealing his things? Although this Reyes seemed more reasonable than his thief of a partner, Jean wasn't exactly thrilled at the idea of being left alone in a room with a naked, bloody man while bound and gagged. Thus he continued his fuming, thrashing his body around and slamming against the side of the room, producing wooden thunks alongside his muffled screams.

hiei82

Dire DM (+2 HD and a rend attack
Aug 10, 2011
[HEADING=2]The Boat[/HEADING]

The cannon continued to blaze as commandeered vessel made its way to the pirate ship. Blast after blast shook the vessel, yet each time the cannonball missed; sometime by little more than inches and feet. Fortunately, the rag-tag team of adventurers were able to direct the boat to the opposite side of the pirate vessel and toward the stern where the cannon was blocked by the pirates.

Thus far, the pirates were too busy repelling Inquisitors from the other side and directing fire at the enemy vessels to notice the small boat.

[HEADING=2]Aboard the ship[/HEADING]

The distant sound of fighting continued to echo through the chamber as Yvonne tore open a portal in time and left the room.

[HEADING=2]The University[/HEADING]

To Erasmo, the University was much as he'd last seen it. People ran about carrying orders and supplies to where they were needed while those with some medical knowledge did what they could for the injured and guards kept a silent, nervous vigil. Still, it was a great deal more organized than when he's left and the feelings of unease had been replaced in large part by a feeling of quite determination to work through the chaos.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

El Vago's companion looked up after her short tirade and spoke with what seemed to be mild disapproval.

"Don't give the Inquisition more reasons to shoot at us, but I doubt as though they actually heard it."

She looked over at him with a quirked brow, then shrugged. He seemed like a gentleman, almost more so than Erasmo had seemed, so it was only understandable that he be a little perturbed by her outburst. It wasn't long until he spoke again. sharing an idea he had concerning the approaching pirate vessel.

"Say, how's everyone at climbing? I figure if we row around to the stern, we can climb up it to get aboard without as big a risk of getting shot at. Plus these Pirates will likely be focusing their attention on the Inquisition."

After a moment of consideration, Beatrice nodded.

"That sounds like a good plan, and the Inquisition were so kind as to leave the equipment we need in this longboat." she said, smiling as she held up the length of rope and the grapnel.

SamtheDeathclaw

Aug 8, 2009
Rosemonde only raised an eyebrow. "Yes. Imagine that. Boarding equipment in a boat they were intending to use to board with. Theus be praised." She took the grapnel, hefted it, and tossed it up to the railing of the ship. It stuck and seemed sturdy.

"I have done that way too many times," she sighed. "I'll go up first, make sure they don't notice us and cut the line." Without another word, she began her ascent, keeping her feet planted on the ship's hull as she climbed rapidly. This was obviously not her first boarding.

She clambered over the rail without trouble, and drew her blade, keeping her main gauche sheathed. Her arm hurt too badly to bother, and a bunch of pirates was unlikely to be enough trouble for her to need it. She leaned over the rail, and nodded down to the bunch in the boat.
"It's sturdy. Come on up," she called down, then turned back to the pirates.

They were only paying attention to the Inquisition, for now. Maybe they could all get up without a hitch. That'd be a switch, things going according to plan.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
With the thief gone and the prisoner making a small ruckus, Reyes felt his time to leave this room was drawing closer. The small boat he'd kept an eye on seemed to disappear along the ship, they were likely sneaking on now. Add the naval battles, and the man on the bed wasn't going to draw as much attention as he would probably hope. He sighed for now, carefully pulling off some drapes, fashioning it into something that at least covered him a little. Plain white things, slightly dirty and a bit worn. Better than nudity, though he'd lose this too if the man wouldn't stop fucking about on his bed. Hopefully Rose had his clothes. They were nice clothes, warm...

He strolled over, undoing the knot around his hand. A small count of three before he continued, let the man undo his gags and maybe a few of his bindings, listening closely to the sounds of battle around him. He'd known it a few times, though he only had one cannon that he had stolen a long time ago. It barely worked, but it at least taught him how to use one. He'd have to find out about stealing one later...

"Now then, you're a step closer to freedom, but you're also the only one in this room who has to worry much of pirates. What's your next action, Alchemist?" Reyes smirked, maybe he'd offer some help in taking out the crew. Maybe he'd kill the girl, Yvonne, less people he'd have to share a reward with personally. It was fun to be in a position where nothing could hurt you, Reyes found. Although if a stray cannonball found it's way into the room, he'd be proper fucked. He wanted to get out sooner rather than later.

Evrant-Knight

An Interloper
May 5, 2010
Bristol
Country
United Kingdom
"That sounds like a good plan, and the Inquisition were so kind as to leave the equipment we need in this longboat." Beatrice said smiling boldly as she held up a long length of rope with a grapnel hook on the end.

"Yes. Imagine that. Boarding equipment in a boat they were intending to use to board with. Theus be praised." Replied Rosemonde, her voice sounding a little sarcastic as she took the grapnel and hefted it upwards. The hook appeared to have latched onto something making for a sturdy line. "I'll go up first, make sure they don't notice us and cut the line."

"Good thinking, otherwise, well we either climb without a line, or sink." Garrett remarked as he watched Rosemonde climb, the way she moved told him that she'd done this countless times before. Eventually the woman managed to clamber over the side. "It's sturdy. Come on up." She then said, quietly.

"Right oh, I'll go up next." Garrett said before taking a hold of the rope and began his own ascent. Along the way, he noticed that lights in what he assumed was the Captain's Cabin were on, he made out the shapes of two figures, one was on the bed and the other was standing nearby, though the curtains meant making out any discernible features to be difficult. As he neared the top, Garrett made a swing and grabbed onto the top rail after letting go of the rope; luckily he managed to do it without making too much noise.

Clambering over the rail, Garrett stood up on the top deck with one of his swords drawn.

"Alright, whose next?" He asked those still in the boat.

Texas Joker 52

Jun 25, 2011
~Beatrice~

When she held up the boarding gear with approval of the plan El Vago's companion had come up with, Rosemonde simply looked at her with a raised brow and replied with a bland tone.

"Yes. Imagine that. Boarding equipment in a boat they were intending to use to board with. Theus be praised."

"There's no need for sarcasm," Beatrice replied in turn, her own tone equally bland.

While the knight took the rope and grapnel from her, the Sorte Witch took the time to lift up her right leg, planting her boot-shod foot onto one of the seats. Checked to make sure her stiletto was still in place, and it was. She certainly hoped that she wouldn't need it for this rescue, but if she did, it was good that she had it. Just in case.

Both Rosemonde and the swordsman had taken the time to climb up the rope when she finally straightened.

"Alright, whose next?"

With a nod, Beatrice grasped the rope and called back up, "I'll be up shortly."

Then she began her ascent. All in all, despite being far from athletic, she managed to climb up the boarding rope in good time. She heaved herself over the railing once she reached the top and nodded to both Rosemonde and the swordsman. Once she brushed herself off, she leaned back over and prepared to help the others up onto the deck.

"Once everyone is aboard, I'll start checking the cabins below, I'll probably need you to keep the pirates off my back while I try to find the Bride," she told them.

Deu Sex

Aug 26, 2012
Jean was relieved as Naked Fuck eschewed the former half of his name. Everything below the waist now covered by drapes, Jean stopped making a ruckus and turned back to face the bloody stranger. What happened next was unexpected yet even more relieving. The man had decided to undo the knot binding Jean's hands. Once free, he wasted little time undoing his gag and leg bindings.

After the gag came off his mouth, a curse came out. "Fuck! Your partner there is a real *****, ya know that?" he said.

"Now then, you're a step closer to freedom, but you're also the only one in this room who has to worry much of pirates. What's your next action, Alchemist?"

He met the man's smirk with frown. "Well first I'm going to get away from the naked blood-soaked sorcerer in front of me, who looks like he'll start cutting out my fucking organs while screaming about snake gods any second now..." Jean reached down and began untying the knot around his legs as he spoke. "Then? I'm getting the fuck out of here. Maybe kill a few fucking pirates on my way out. Gas them, or burn their fucking ship down."

As the rope around his feet came loose, Jean faced the man once again. He had a cocked brow. "And how the fuck do you know I'm an alchemist?" he asked. His eyes didn't linger on the stranger long, instead darting from side to side as he examined the room. He was looking for anything that might be used as a weapon nearby. Although this man had let him free, Jean was of the suspicious sort and believed things could always turn sour. If that happened, he'd need something to cave the bastard's head in before making his escape.

Ruedyn

Jun 29, 2011
"Well first I'm going to get away from the naked blood-soaked sorcerer in front of me, who looks like he'll started cutting out my fucking organs while screaming about snake gods any second now..."

"... Well, technically not gods, but there are shape shifting snake people out there. I don't like screaming about them, and dissection was always a bit ick, but you never know. Been a long fucking day." Reyes shrugged, he saw the shadow of a man on a rope pass by, he was guessing a boarding party. Probably from the very boat he kept his eyes on. Inquisition, or friends...

"Then? I'm getting the fuck out of here. Maybe I'll kill a few fucking pirates on my way out. Gas them, or burn their fucking ship down."

'Kill several, leave the ship alone please.' Reyes splitting his attention while sporting a splitting head ache was not a fun thing to do. And he noticed again he had a small cut in his side, there WAS a man out there who could hurt him... Fun. Why someone would have a sword to combat a mostly dead magic style, he would never know, probably paranoia. Crazy people in the world. He might've been one of them, holed up in a small room with a previously bound man, hoping he wouldn't die randomly. He piped up again with another question.

"And how the fuck do you know I'm an alchemist?"

"Your bag. Or at least what's inside it. Impressive for someone who probably doesn't have a lab, but I never really paid much attention to it. I could be talking out of my ass." Reyes shrugged, walking towards the door, "Now, if you'd like some money, gear, maybe revenge against the porte witch- you could help me get to the boarding party that just got here. After that, to be honest, I don't give a shit what you do. Hopefully not set me on fire. Turn around very quickly."

Reyes undid the drape, putting it up as a barrier between the two of them. He quickly turned to mist, the awful bloodlike ichor splashing to the ground. He managed to change back to corporeal before the thing fell below his crotch, quickly wrapping up again. He gave his mustache a quick scratch.

"After you."

Deu Sex

Aug 26, 2012
"Your bag. Or at least what's inside it. Impressive for someone who probably doesn't have a lab, but I never really paid much attention to it. I could be talking out of my ass."

Jean couldn't help but smile. Compliments, for him at least, were hard to come by. As were fellow scientific enthusiasts. Perhaps he had misjudged this naked, bloody weirdo.

"Now, if you'd like some money, gear, maybe revenge against the porte witch- you could help me get to the boarding party that just got here. After that, to be honest, I don't give a shit what you do. Hopefully not set me on fire. Turn around very quickly."

Though at first reluctant to obey the command, Jean quickly averted his eyes after seeing the man reach down towards the drape. Something had apparently happened and he wasn't sure what. When he turned back around the man was even more naked, having lost the coat of blood that previously covered his body. Jean could now see clearly the shape of a moustache, as well as copper skin which labelled the strange man as someone of Crescent descent.

Jean cocked a brow as he pulled up from the bed. He kept his eye on the man, curious about what he had done with the blood. "Well...you're a freak." he said bluntly. "You don't seem like a **** though, so perhaps you wouldn't mind a fellow freak's company?"

He reached over and picked up his things. He skimmed over his book briefly, making sure nothing fell out or was snatched out. Then he stuffed it into his satchel, fingering through the folds with his fingers. He spoke as he searched. "I'm Burned Face Fuck. Most just call me Jean."