8 Awesome Open World Games

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 Awesome Open World Games

These eight games not only build amazing worlds, they let you explore them to your heart's content in you own way.

Read Full Article

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Yup, I approve of this list :)

The only nitpick I can make, is that I'm not a fan of Burnout Paradise, but it seems that a lot of people liked it, so I really can't complain about it :)

Although I think you can easily add Dragon Age Inquisition in there as it's more of an open world thing, likewise Kingdoms of Amalur is pretty huge, also Sacred 2, but I think I'll stop as more and more games starts popping up on my head :p

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
INB4 some a-hole says "MORROWIND WAS BETTER YOU GUYS WAH WAH WAH"

No GTA or InFamous? What a shame.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Almost had a heart attack when I saw the spider from Skyrim, that's why I had all of them replaced with goats.

As for other games let me check out my Steam list
The Assassin's Creed series especially Black Flag since it's so easy to forget the main story and just go around pillaging and finding collectables.

Sleeping Dogs, loved the focus on melee combat and I'm enjoying the story.

I think that covers it.

RealRT said:
INB4 some a-hole says "MORROWIND WAS BETTER YOU GUYS WAH WAH WAH"

No GTA or InFamous? What a shame.
Morrowind has a better world, that's it. I've tried honestly leveling up before, even on easy it's hard as hell to do *cue me running to Balmora and Fort Moonmoth to use a few exploits for cheap training*.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
I left GTA off the list because GTA was one of the games that inspired the list. I figured it wouldn't be fair for it to get to be both the inspiration and a participant!

I left inFamous off because it was moderately disappointing, especially its morality system. Had some great moments, though.

ki11joyace

Nov 16, 2014
ffronw said:
I left GTA off the list because GTA was one of the games that inspired the list. I figured it wouldn't be fair for it to get to be both the inspiration and a participant!

I left inFamous off because it was moderately disappointing, especially its morality system. Had some great moments, though.
Yeah, everyone probably knows about GTA V at this point. Might be a bit redundant to put it on since the list seems to be for some slightly older games.

Charcharo said:
It is not the near future. At least not anymore. STALKER SoC takes place in 2012 and it was near future back when the game was released (2007)
If we wait long enough, all Sci-fi will eventually become fantasy.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
You inspired me to give Fallout Vegas another shot.

I made the mistake of trying mods that made it more unstable. I haven't even been to Vegas yet!

Downloading now.