8 Cancelled Games We Still Want to Play

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
8,433
3,920
118
Country
United Kingdom
I was slightly afraid to see The Last Guardian on this list. It's still going to come out, damnit!

OT: The localised release of Ni No Kuni on DS.
 

Barbas

ExQQxv1D1ns
Oct 28, 2013
33,804
0
0
Oh my gods, the Gallery of the Day lives on. You've inherited...the curse.

Aw, Starcraft: Ghost. I get sad every time.
 

Gutsripper

New member
Aug 23, 2010
102
0
0
Surprised Dungeon Keeper III isn't on the list.

I still remember seeing the trailer for it in DK2.... I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.
 

SilverHunter

New member
Sep 22, 2014
47
0
0
Personally I'd of tossed Mega Man Legends 3 on there, or as it might be known...

"The game Capcom cancelled just so they could snub and tell off Inafune one last time after he left".


By all report, the game was actually pretty darn great. There was a journalist that managed to get ahold of the "Paid Demo" Capcom promised to release (then never did), and had said it contained some 3-4 hours of content and actually handled and played great. I was involved happily on the servbot program they had there, was a really early number, but a glitch occurred later on that reset plenty of people's service numbers and replaced them by treating em as if they were brand new. When Inafune left Capcom, the team was to continue on and, as things have played out, Capcom had refused his offer to stick around and help with the game, telling him only "we got it covered". Which led to it being canned barely a few months later.

They always had a habit of stifling creativity, punishing it even, and if a project they hated (like Dead Rising 1) works, they are more than happy to show the creative force the big finger by ripping control away from them; see Devil May Cry 2, or Mega Man X6. The only decent individual left there now is Yoshinori Ono (Mr. Street Fighter, also Darkstalkers), and I wish he'd leave them for a better company already. Capcom is a festering pit of s***, and deserves the hole they slithered and and crawled into blindly. It's one of the only studios I'd be happy to see dead.


It's also why Asura's Wrath had the "finale DLC", because the game didn't meet their bloated set of milestones, and thus refused to have AW 2 be made. Say what you will about that game, but Asura's Wrath was pure fun, even if it was painfully short. I'd of been happy to pay to see that game allowed to expand and develop itself further.
 

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
732
0
0
I didn't see True Fantasy Live Online for The Original Xbox on that list.

....

Oh well, at least Elder Scrolls Online is coming to PS4.
 

Queen Michael

has read 4,010 manga books
Jun 9, 2009
10,400
0
0
Silvanus said:
I was slightly afraid to see The Last Guardian on this list. It's still going to come out, damnit!
Exactly. We just need to have faith and keep believing.
 

MrCollins

Power Vacuumer
Jun 28, 2010
1,694
0
0
The inclusion of StarWars 1313 instead of StarWars: Imperiaal Commando is downright criminal.
 
Sep 14, 2009
9,073
0
0
MrCollins said:
The inclusion of StarWars 1313 instead of StarWars: Imperiaal Commando is downright criminal.
I never heard anything about it, but I'm assuming that is the sequel to republic commando?

if so, dear god...I would do horrid things to get ahold of that game.


OT: nice to see one star wars game get some attention..but battlefront 3 is at the top of my list, the alpha footage they had released looked EXACTLY how i wanted it to: an updated battlefront 2 with new worlds and more to do. Why oh why couldn't have EA just taken what was there, and finish it? I'm really afraid "battlefront" is just going to be battlefield 5:star wars skin edition! and I'm going to burn EA to the ground with the fire in my eyes for that atrocity.
 

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
2,804
0
0
Silvanus said:
I was slightly afraid to see The Last Guardian on this list. It's still going to come out, damnit!

OT: The localised release of Ni No Kuni on DS.
I looked at the Last Guardian, and I almost included a note as to why it wasn't on there. It's coming, I tell you.

gmaverick019 said:
MrCollins said:
The inclusion of StarWars 1313 instead of StarWars: Imperiaal Commando is downright criminal.
I never heard anything about it, but I'm assuming that is the sequel to republic commando?

if so, dear god...I would do horrid things to get ahold of that game.


OT: nice to see one star wars game get some attention..but battlefront 3 is at the top of my list, the alpha footage they had released looked EXACTLY how i wanted it to: an updated battlefront 2 with new worlds and more to do. Why oh why couldn't have EA just taken what was there, and finish it? I'm really afraid "battlefront" is just going to be battlefield 5:star wars skin edition! and I'm going to burn EA to the ground with the fire in my eyes for that atrocity.
Battlefront, man. I hope EA/DICE don't muck that one up.

The reason I picked 1313 is that I SO wanted to play through Boba Fett's rise to awesome bounty hunter. I was sold on that one.
 
Sep 14, 2009
9,073
0
0
ffronw said:
Battlefront, man. I hope EA/DICE don't muck that one up.

The reason I picked 1313 is that I SO wanted to play through Boba Fett's rise to awesome bounty hunter. I was sold on that one.
after all of EA and Dice's recent blunders, I've given up all hope it'll be anything like battlefront 1 and 2. (not to mention all the buttloads of DLC I'm sure they'll try and flounder in there...)

Conquest mode? 9.99!

sniper clone trooper? unlock for 99 cents!

space battles? day one DLC!

I know battlefront was based off of battlefield..but to me, I can barely put one maybe two hours into battlefield, tops. Battlefront 2? I've put over 1000 hours into that game and still will pick it up every once in a while.

can't blame you for the 1313 inclusion, I didn't get TOO much into the footage when it was "supposed" to come out, but I was looking forward to reviews if it did come out.
 

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
2,804
0
0
gmaverick019 said:
*snip*

can't blame you for the 1313 inclusion, I didn't get TOO much into the footage when it was "supposed" to come out, but I was looking forward to reviews if it did come out.
My problem was seeing the footage at E3 that year. Completely got me excited for it. I should have known it would all end in tears.
 

rayen020

New member
May 20, 2009
1,138
0
0
I still have an old game informer that has like a ten page article and in-depth preview of starcraft:ghost. makes me sad, i really wanted to play it, it looked really good. *le sigh*
 

Kinitawowi

New member
Nov 21, 2012
575
0
0
I still want to see the Duke Nukem Forever that George Broussard originally conceived, not the thing that actually turned up.

Starcraft: Ghost spent so long as vapourware that it wasn't until now I realised it had actually been officially cancelled. Sad times.
 

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
2,804
0
0
rayen020 said:
I still have an old game informer that has like a ten page article and in-depth preview of starcraft:ghost. makes me sad, i really wanted to play it, it looked really good. *le sigh*
Kinitawowi said:
I still want to see the Duke Nukem Forever that George Broussard originally conceived, not the thing that actually turned up.

Starcraft: Ghost spent so long as vapourware that it wasn't until now I realised it had actually been officially cancelled. Sad times.
Here's the crazy thing about Ghost. I spent two whole hours checking it out at E3 2005. Talked to Blizzard folks about it, played a demo, got into it. Then it went on hiatus, and then....nothing. No one knew it was officially cancelled until late last year.
 

-Dragmire-

King over my mind
Mar 29, 2011
2,821
0
0
Gutsripper said:
Surprised Dungeon Keeper III isn't on the list.

I still remember seeing the trailer for it in DK2.... I think I'm going to cry myself to sleep now.
Well, you could always play the... damnit, I can't even joke about it! That mobile piece of crap still pisses me off!

Yeah, I remember that trailer as well. Still, once War for the Overworld finishes, that may prove to be the sequel we were waiting for.
 

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
4,953
6
13
That's some old wounds you're opening there. Old indeed.
Oh Shenmue, where were you going with that intriguing ending at the 2nd game? 12...chapters damnit!

Anymoo, glad to see that Beyond good and evil 2 isn't completely stamped out yet. As for that steampunk batman game, knowing that was a thing...that existed...

...and now, just ...doesn't...?

Fighting. Back. Tears!
 

Haerthan

New member
Mar 16, 2014
434
0
0
MrCollins said:
The inclusion of StarWars 1313 instead of StarWars: Imperiaal Commando is downright criminal.
Nothing wrong with playing as Boba Fett dude. I really wanted to go play as a bounty hunter journeying to the deepest levels of Coruscant. It looked interesting. But yea Imperial Commando would have been nice. RIP Expanded Universe.
 

SomebodyNowhere

New member
Dec 9, 2009
989
0
0
One that I'm thinking of is Mercenaries 3. The studio folded and I'm not even sure who owns the rights to the franchise anymore. It just seems like something that could be pretty interesting with one of the new engines like Frostbite.
 

Arnoxthe1

New member
Dec 25, 2010
3,374
0
0
"It was hard when we canceled Warcraft Adventures. It was hard when we canceled StarCraft Ghost. But it has always resulted in better-quality work."

Yes, yes... Like Destiny.

And before you say that Destiny was made by Bungie, Blizzard and Bungie are both employed (more like enslaved) by Activision. They get the same stupid marching orders.