8 Diablo-like Alternatives

theSovietConnection

Survivor, VDNKh Station
Jan 14, 2009
shrekfan246 said:
I also think this thread needs a mention for Grim Dawn, which is basically the successor to Titan Quest (different studio, some of/mostly the same people) but set in a world that's definitely closer to the overall tone and aesthetic of Diablo. Basically if you don't like the fact that Path of Exile is always online, check out Grim Dawn.
Came here to mention Grim Dawn, glad it's already got some love here. Brilliant game, great world so far, and the first new content patch since the full release finally launched today.

CritialGaming

Mar 25, 2015
Why did you put Bastion on here? Just because a game is iso-metric, doesn't mean it's anything like Diablo. Bastion is a fantastic game, but it does not scratch the same itch that Diablo does with it's fast combat and loot fiesta.

I would have put Victor Vran on here as it is a very Diablo inspired game.

Or Marvel Heroes. Marvel Heroes is exactly Diablo, but with Wolverine in it. And it certainly fits better than Bastion does.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
So, out of all of these... Which one gives me the most abilities and offensive and defensive options per class?

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
So, out of all of these... Which one gives me the most abilities and offensive and defensive options per class?
From what I've heard, Path of Exile. It doesn't even have classes as such and they don't have skill trees, but landscapes.
On the other hand, it is online only, but it's also free...so.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
From what I've heard, Path of Exile. It doesn't even have classes as such and they don't have skill trees, but landscapes.
Alright. What's the one with the second largest number of skills? :3 Online only isn't what I'm looking for and stuff.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
Arnoxthe1 said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
Arnoxthe1 said:
Alright. What's the one with the second largest number of skills? :3 Online only isn't what I'm looking for and stuff.
I can relate to that, because that's why I have only heard about Path of Exile's Skill Landscapes.

My second recommendation would then be Torchlight 2, because of the many great mods that have been (and I think still are being) made for it.

Vanilla style though...hmm.. Hold on a sec. *Starts up a few games and starts counting.*
From most to least.
Team/Group - Dungeon Siege II BW: Spells, Powers and Skills.
Lone Hero (with obligatory "pet") - Van Helsing: Skills, Perks, Ghost and possibly Glory?
Lone Hero (with optional pet(s)) - Grim Dawn if you like biiig maps with few TP's and grimdark atmo, similar to Titan Quest IT which I actually prefer over Grim Dawn. Single or Dual-Class with Devotions in Grim Dawn.

Still, it wouldn't hurt to check out any of the others. ,)

*Edit* took out two of the three "been"..I lost count, ok ^^