8 Games that Have Amazing Stories

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Proverbial Jon said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
If we really want to get technical about it...

James thinks Mary died three years ago, when in fact she convalesced for three years, and James killed her moments before the game begins. That scene in which he's washing his face in the bathroom is him phasing into self-denial and coming up with the imaginary letter from Mary.
I'm not being antagonistic but...
...anyone who has played SH2 knows that. I think Ebola_chan's point was that the gallery description was giving an overview without spoiling the story however they still got it wrong because the information you are presented with at the game's beginning is 3 years, not one. One year is never even a factor in the game.
Actually he didn't know that, he PM'd me asking me how had I come up with that particular timeline and I linked him to Laura's Letter ("happy 8th birthday").

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
the silence said:
RealRT said:
the silence said:
If someone wants to play the Legacy of Kain Series:
At least on PC, skip the first Soul Reaver. No matter the story, the controls make it unplayable. Watch cutscenes and go on with Soul Reaver 2, which is far superior (and has more story).
No they don't - everything can be remapped (and if you have a gamepad, Xpadder it!) and Soul Reaver 2, gameplay-wise, is weaker.
Well, I did not use Xpadder but the game bugged completely out on my Xbox-Pad. I had to use Keyboard, and well, that is atrocious. In all cases, because you can't use mouse for camera. Maybe there was the possibility to fix more with the gamepad, but I did not find the solution online at the point I was playing.
Could be a very good addition to pcgamingwiki though.

Oh, but the lack of a map was what ultimately killed it for me. I had no orientation at all.
Well of course it didn't work with X360 pad, it was made way before it was even a thing and was meant for old DInput pads. Keyboard is not bad once you map it properly. The lack of mouse is a problem. I believe XPadder would allow you to bind pan left-pan right buttons to the right stick.

Oh, come on, it's not that hard to remember.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Great list, I'm glad Legacy of Kain got in there. But personally I would've chosen The Wolf Among Us over The Walking Dead.

Proverbial Jon

Not evil, just mildly malevolent
Nov 10, 2009
Johnny Novgorod said:
Actually he didn't know that, he PM'd me asking me how had I come up with that particular timeline and I linked him to Laura's Letter ("happy 8th birthday").
OK, fair play. My bad. ^_^

I've played SH2 so many times it's easy to forget which details are overt and which are not. Not that ANY of the details could be considered overt... Come to think of it I didn't get that detail first time through either.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
I'm just going to throw out my generally unpopular opinion that KOTOR is a poorly written, predictable pile of cliches for the most part. It's still enjoyable because it does Star Wars well, but I still can't believe that anyone was surprised by the big plot twist. I'm convinced, to this day, that most people who played it must have slept through most of the story content and woke up moments before that reveal.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Proverbial Jon said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
OK, fair play. My bad. ^_^

I've played SH2 so many times it's easy to forget which details are overt and which are not. Not that ANY of the details could be considered overt... Come to think of it I didn't get that detail first time through either.
That's alright, I've waxed so much about SH2 at this point that I tend to confuse my personal deductions with what the game tells me. I knew for a fact about the 3-year lie, I just didn't quite remember how I had arrived to that conclusion. All I remembered was that Laura had something to do with it.