8 Great FPS Games to Look Forward to in 2017

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Of all of these, Prey has me the most excited. I loved it on the 360 and being an old guy, it had a gameplay style that suited me. I hope this one is similar in that way (can't really die, lots of fun puzzles).

I'd be more interested in Mass Effect but I haven't finished 2 and 3 yet! Shame on me.

Zydrate

Apr 1, 2009
Quake Champions.

The blurb?

It

Nothing else. Thanks for the info!
I do wish more people were into that one Quake Territories game or whatever it was called. Whatever indeed, as it just kind of passed into the night.

Chimpzy_v1legacy

Warning! Contains bananas!
Jun 21, 2009
Gorfias said:
Of all of these, Prey has me the most excited. I loved it on the 360 and being an old guy, it had a gameplay style that suited me. I hope this one is similar in that way (can't really die, lots of fun puzzles).
Near as I can tell, the only thing the new Prey has in common with the original Prey, is that they're both FPS. The reboot mostly seems to take its cues from System/BioShock, Deux Ex and/or Dishonored.

Of course, you've you enjoy those, that's not really a problem and you'll likely enjoy Prey 2017 too, assuming it doesn't turn out a hot pile of garbage.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Chimpzy said:
Gorfias said:
Near as I can tell, the only thing the new Prey has in common with the original Prey, is that they're both FPS. The reboot mostly seems to take its cues from System/BioShock, Deux Ex and/or Dishonored.

Of course, you've you enjoy those, that's not really a problem and you'll likely enjoy Prey 2017 too, assuming it doesn't turn out a hot pile of garbage.
Unfortunate. Of those you mention, Bioshock Infinite is a favorite of mine. As much as I suck at FPS (typically really need cheat codes) that was playable. Sounds like the new Prey will be a total crap shoot. Either it will be something I like or it won't be: the 1st one will not help me judge.

Timedraven 117

Jan 5, 2011
This entire list was terrible, none of them I would consider "Great games" to even deserve that title. I'd actually say who every wrote this needs to retake creative writing.

1: Farpoint
Looks like one of those gimmick games that would last for a few hours and then ends abruptly.

2: Overload
What is this? This looks boring! It looks like a game on xbox live arcade! The music is meh, the sound design is also meh, and the gameplay looks boring.

3: Battlefront 4
The first one was garbage, this immediately places it into the "Not guaranteed to be great, or even good" category, and therefore should be off this list.

4: Quake:Champions
Its an arena shooter, likely has no campaign, will die out like its predecessors. I never got the hype everyone had for Quake or Unreal Tournament, I played the games, they were all subpar or average shooters, with nothing worth talking about other than Quake being a marvel of its time.

5: Prey 2
The game hasn't come out for nearly a decade, I won't be surprised if it doesn't come out at all. Its Duke Nukem Forever all over again. I played the original Prey and there was... NOTHING ABOUT IT that was remotely compelling, everyone dies, the ship keeps going, and its gameplay was barely average. We know next to nothing about this game, its not great, its unknown, something to talk about. Stop twisting words!

6: Battalion 1944
Gameplay looks good, probably can't play it, don't know why its considered "Great" it hasn't even come out yet and it has some stiff competition. Likely will be a middling success and recoup it money.

7: Ghost Recon:Wildlands
Waste of fucking money, that same money could have been used to provide the education and food to hundreds of children in Bolivia. Made by Ubisoft so its going to be average at best.

8: Mass Effect Andromeda
..... Its not even a first person shooter, let alone a goddamn TPS if you think about it. Also after ME 3 we have no guarantee this game will be "Great" or even acceptable.

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
Timedraven 117 said:
Pretty hilarious satire right here. Loved that you listed the best game on the list as "boring" - also stylizing PREY as Prey 2 and implying it's even remotely related to the 2006 game, and also alluding to the original game's troubled development (which was, in fact, very similar to DNF) - very nice touch, A+