8 Locations for the Next Assassin's Creed Game

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
2,804
0
0
8 Locations for the Next Assassin's Creed Game

Now that Ubisoft has announced Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, we've got eight suggestions for the setting of the next game in the series.

Read Full Article
 

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
4,931
0
0
As much as I'd like to see the games have an instillation set in Japan, they've been pretty bent about that never happening due to the fact that everyone and their dog knows Assassin's Creed is Ninjas in a different setting and more plot then most Ninja games have. They're so anal about that that they've gone so far as to have a game set in China just so they could have a similar aesthetic without braking their "not set in Japan" rule, despite the game being made because people kept asking for an instillation to be set in Japan. But hey, at least they gave us one in the French Revolution like we've been asking for ever since Assassin's Creed 3 was announced to have the still incomprehensible setting of colonial America.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 18, 2020
7,682
2,387
118
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Gender
Male
Spain and the Native bit has already kind of been done in both ACIII and ACIV(you even get to visit a mayan Pyramid and raid it in one of the DLC for III).

14th century is too close to the first couple games.

And as per Brotherhood, Brutus is already considered an Assassin(or at least, that's what I got from doing all of the "Armor of Brutus" missions to get his Armor). Though I would like to see Ancient Rome, even if would feel kind of like a retread of Brotherhood.
 

CrazyBlaze

New member
Jul 12, 2011
945
0
0
I'm really tired of seeing Fedual Japan asked for as a setting. Its a horrible choice considering the main theme of AC is the rise of the Western world, how it invades and evolves. The Warring States Period in Japan was mostly a civil war and few outside factions had much influence on it. Now the Meji Era and everything leading up to would be the perfect setting. Templar Matthew C. Perry arrives and opens up the country to the Templars. Now a young Japanese Ninja teams up with Assassin Brotherhood to put a stop to the Templar plans. You experience as Japan fuses the old with the new, their good tradtions with the good that the West brings.
 

Darth_Payn

New member
Aug 5, 2009
2,868
0
0
Give credit where credit's due; Yahtzee came up with setting an AC game during the American Civil War in his Extra Punctuation column.
And the British Raj in India and the Russian Revolution were already settings in a couple of comic series.
And AC II revealed that Cleopatra did not commit suicide-by-snake; the snake was the murder weapon from another Assassin.
One setting I'd like to see is Ancient Egypt, Babylon, or Persia. Return it to the Middle East, but WAY further back.
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
17,078
1,170
118
Country
Argentina
Maybe I'm wrong but my impression is that the templar-assassin feud begins around the crusades, so Rome et al are a no go.
 

Dalisclock

Making lemons combustible again
Legacy
Escapist +
Apr 18, 2020
7,682
2,387
118
A Barrel In the Marketplace
Country
Eagleland
Gender
Male
Johnny Novgorod said:
Maybe I'm wrong but my impression is that the templar-assassin feud begins around the crusades, so Rome et al are a no go.
AC2 and later games that have heavily implied(if not outright stated), that the Assasin-templar feud has been going on since the beginning of human history, with an allusion to Cain and Abel being the beginning.

The tricky thing is that if they do a pre-crusades AC game, they have to use different terms for both sides, since both names originate from the middle ages.

Or they could just leave it the same and say "Yeah, those terms don't actually exist yet, but ANIMUS!". You know, how they justify pretty much everything in this series.
 

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Apr 10, 2020
17,078
1,170
118
Country
Argentina
Dalisclock said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
Maybe I'm wrong but my impression is that the templar-assassin feud begins around the crusades, so Rome et al are a no go.
AC2 and later games that have heavily implied(if not outright stated), that the Assasin-templar feud has been going on since the beginning of human history, with an allusion to Cain and Abel being the beginning.

The tricky thing is that if they do a pre-crusades AC game, they have to use different terms for both sides, since both names originate from the middle ages.

Or they could just leave it the same and say "Yeah, those terms don't actually exist yet, but ANIMUS!". You know, how they justify pretty much everything in this series.
I remember Adam and Eve from AC2, no Cain and Abel, but I suppose they'd write around the anachronisms either way.
 

Darks63

New member
Mar 8, 2010
1,562
0
0
I would rather they not set an AC during the American Civil War seeing the dogs dinner they made of the American Revolution in AC 3.
 

K.ur

New member
Jul 31, 2013
209
0
0
RealRT said:
Russia (late 18th to early 20th Century)
It's sad that I rarely get the chance to use this pic

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Chronicles:_Russia

But they already doing it. Well, they probing the market with the 2,5D stealth-platformers to see which setting would make enough for a Mainline entree.
 

RealRT

New member
Feb 28, 2014
1,058
0
0
K.ur said:
RealRT said:
Russia (late 18th to early 20th Century)
It's sad that I rarely get the chance to use this pic

http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Chronicles:_Russia

But they already doing it. Well, they probing the market with the 2,5D stealth-platformers to see which setting would make enough for a Mainline entree.
Yeah, I'm not counting that. The whole subseries seems like a waste of good settings that they should have used for mainline games.
 

Setch Dreskar

New member
Mar 28, 2011
173
0
0
ffronw said:
8 Locations for the Next Assassin's Creed Game

Now that Ubisoft has announced Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, we've got eight suggestions for the setting of the next game in the series.

Read Full Article
While some of those are good I would love to see Korea during the Japanese occupation, there is even an artist who did some amazingly gorgeous concept work for what an Assassin's Creed: Korea would look like here - http://artofjasonkang.blogspot.com/2012/11/assassins-creed-land-of-morning-calm.html
 

magter3001

New member
Jun 7, 2010
53
0
0
WW2, I don't see how it's not on the list. Maybe I missed some guidelines to the list or something but WW2 would be perfect, especially the Soviets vs Nazi side of the war. As a Spoiler Alert..... we know that both Stalin and Hitler were Templars but we also know Hitler was murdered by the Assassins. So it would be nice to actually play through that and do that. Here is to hope.
 

Cowabungaa

New member
Feb 10, 2008
10,806
0
0
Setch Dreskar said:
ffronw said:
8 Locations for the Next Assassin's Creed Game

Now that Ubisoft has announced Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, we've got eight suggestions for the setting of the next game in the series.

Read Full Article
While some of those are good I would love to see Korea during the Japanese occupation, there is even an artist who did some amazingly gorgeous concept work for what an Assassin's Creed: Korea would look like here - http://artofjasonkang.blogspot.com/2012/11/assassins-creed-land-of-morning-calm.html
The WW2 occupation might be a little too gun-focused. I'd say, if we'd do the Japanese occupation of Korea why not go for Hideyoshi's 16th century invasion? Might be a bit cooler, especially if we're going to include naval stuff.
 

Charles Phipps

New member
Oct 12, 2013
68
0
0
The American Civil War is a good pick.

I'd prefer to see the Thirty Years War, though.

Gustavus Adolphus is the perfect Assassin target.

You could also do the Napoleonic Wars.
 

Setch Dreskar

New member
Mar 28, 2011
173
0
0
Cowabungaa said:
Setch Dreskar said:
ffronw said:
8 Locations for the Next Assassin's Creed Game

Now that Ubisoft has announced Assassin's Creed: Syndicate, we've got eight suggestions for the setting of the next game in the series.

Read Full Article
While some of those are good I would love to see Korea during the Japanese occupation, there is even an artist who did some amazingly gorgeous concept work for what an Assassin's Creed: Korea would look like here - http://artofjasonkang.blogspot.com/2012/11/assassins-creed-land-of-morning-calm.html
The WW2 occupation might be a little too gun-focused. I'd say, if we'd do the Japanese occupation of Korea why not go for Hideyoshi's 16th century invasion? Might be a bit cooler, especially if we're going to include naval stuff.
I actually think the more gun focus would be a good thing, now I am not saying give our assassin a gun but imagine making the assassinations more a message of resistance against the Japanese, using a sword, a dagger or the iconic hidden blade while the Japanese use firearms and numbers requiring more careful planning of assassinations. With more 'modern' technology making it tougher to be sneaky.