8 MMOs You Really Should Be Playing

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 MMOs You Really Should Be Playing

In this day and age there are more MMOs than there are people. So we're here to wade through all of the BS and give you the heads up on some MMOs that don't get the attention that they deserve. So get ready for grinding your way through unfamiliar territory.

Read Full Article

Kenjitsuka

Sep 10, 2009
Utter BS that Firefall ain't on this list!
It's better than Destiny in EVERY respect (even 100% free and not whining about money ever).
Even Yahtzee liked it!

Falterfire

Jul 9, 2012
A suggestion for the future: If you're going to pull together a list of games like this, it would be nice if you'd include a least a cursory bit of information for prospective players: At bare minimum a buy-in cost, any monthly fees, and a link to the appropriate website would be nice. Yeah, I can Google all that information, but if you're putting together an article anyways, it seems like reasonable information to include.

Kenjitsuka said:
Utter BS that Firefall ain't on this list!
It's better than Destiny in EVERY respect (even 100% free and not whining about money ever).
Even Yahtzee liked it!
I think the idea was to grab more obscure MMOs. Firefall is in that same category as Path of Exile where I think most people have already at least heard about it.

Parnage

Apr 13, 2010
Ew, half of those things are pay 2 win garbage. I don't mean like oh theysell xp boosts and stuff. I mean like literally selling martial arts sets(Wushu) or powerful items to upgrade gear that don't drop otherwise.

Most of this list should be relabeled "MMo's you shouldn't play because it's supporting developers who would make even EA question the ethics"

SecondPrize

Mar 12, 2012
So the monetization systems aren't factored into your decisions about what people should play, right? People, don't play these.

Covarr

PS Thanks
May 29, 2009
Really, I should be playing all of these? I ain't got the time or money for 8 MMOs. I think I'll stick with FFXIV:ARR for the time being.

P.S. Thanks

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
I was surprised Wizard's 101 wasn't number 8. I keep expecting Skittler to be trolling us.

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
bdcjacko said:
I was surprised Wizard's 101 wasn't number 8. I keep expecting Skittler to be trolling us.
I haven't been called Skittler since grade school, thank you for the unexpected trip down memory lane.

bdcjacko

Gone Fonzy
Jun 9, 2010
DrStrangelove said:
bdcjacko said:
I haven't been called Skittler since grade school, thank you for the unexpected trip down memory lane.
Your welcome. Thank you for the daily galleries.

RevRaptor

Mar 10, 2010
Well that was underwhelming. no useful info in that list whatsoever. If you want people to check out a games list it would be a really good idea to actually describe the game play and costs. This list was just plain lazy :(

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Only MMO I want and I'll ever need is WoW...I've been playing that for over 10 years with no chance of stopping in sight. I took a break in summer because there's nothing to do but once expansion hits I'm jumping right back in!

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Gonna reject "Fallen Earth". The game is PAINFULLY slow at the start. Which is something you don't want to happen. You want to slow them down later after they've gained a liking to the game and settled into a pattern. Combat was very very clunky, same with the skills/traits/whatever they used.

But I tried it one summer what..2-3 years ago? Maybe they changed things. At the very least, it has Free to play going for it(unsure if it's pay to win/pay to advance). So yeah, probably skip that title.

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
No Guild Wars 2? This list is incomplete.

Olrod

Feb 11, 2010
Really? 8 screenshots with a couple of lines describing the genre of MMO, but absolutely nothing about actual gameplay or pay2win-ness?

Lazy.

Aramis Night

Mar 31, 2013
So much Pay2Win here being promoted. Not a lot of genuinely good choices. They are fine on paper, but I wouldn't promote these to anyone given the amount of cash shop pushing that gets involved. Most of these are just budget versions of already existing quality games. These games already get the attention they deserve. None.

Lunar Templar

Sep 20, 2009
only one there I'd even think about recommending is Elsword, it gets REALLY grindy around the mid 40s but its not a bad game.

Dragons Nest is a BAD and worse, boring, Vindictus knock off, and Raiderz is under PWE's banner, and PWE is pretty much EA on steroids. All the things you hate, magnified.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Dafuq is this shit. Half of these look exactly like WoW. Exactly.
For fuck's sakes, Allods Online goes so far as to use the exact same interface and even fonts as WoW. How can you be recommending this garbage?