8 Most Exciting New Pokemon in X and Y

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
8 Most Exciting New Pokemon in X and Y

The game's only been out for a few days, but here's the ones we're most excited to get our hands on for one reason or another.

Read Full Article

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
What, no Goomy?

Yeah, sorry for the image dump, but I just can't get over how stupid cute this evolutionary line is.

Mod Edit: Please use spoilers for large images. Thank you.

loa

Jan 28, 2012
Why is everyone so excited about this generations butterfree?
I don't get it.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
Good picks, though I got pretty excited when I saw this Pokemon.

We got a Luchadore pokemon, I did not see that coming.

Also keys...

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
soren7550 said:
What, no Goomy?
Ha, this was exactly what I was going to say, I caught one yesterday and within five minutes fell in love with it's stupidly cute little face. I'm just hoping the final evo looks okay in-game since the only official pics I could find were awful quality screenshots.

Also, where's the love for Honedge and his evo's OP? The sword-swinging animation makes them so cool to use in battle!

JonB

Sep 16, 2012
I tried to pick a few that hadn't been splashed all over the net yet. Obviously Goomy and A LUCHADORE FALCON OMG are awesome, but, you know, tryin' hard to get a bit of variety out there.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Yay! Flabebe! She's probably my favourite new gen Pokemon! She's so adorable, floating on her little flower. And then she evolves and uses that flower as an umbrella! And then she evolves again and becomes an Opera singer!

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
loa said:
I don't get it.
Because it has the stats and movepool to be usable for the entire game, and even in PVP. Also, people quite like the designs. it has 18(?) different wing patterns depending on country of origin.

JonB

Sep 16, 2012
TheEvilCheese said:
loa said:
I don't get it.
Because it has the stats and movepool to be usable for the entire game, and even in PVP. Also, people quite like the designs. it has 18(?) different wing patterns depending on country of origin.
String Shot, Psybeam, AND Sleep Spores. I died and went to heaven.

The Diabolical Biz

Jun 25, 2009
I got X and I also have a bitchin' Tyrantrum. Lil dude goes ham.

Aside from that, I'm really diggin' Clawitzer. I have a thing for the huge awesome OTT PokƩmon.

And have you seen Mega-Aggron?! It was one of my favourites before, but now...holy shit.

Looks like it came straight out of Pacific Rim...

TheEvilCheese

Cheesey.
Dec 16, 2008
JonB said:
TheEvilCheese said:
loa said:
I don't get it.
String Shot, Psybeam, AND Sleep Spores. I died and went to heaven.
You haven't seen the half of it. He gets Quiver dance (boosts special stats and speed) and Hurricaine (very powerful flying special attack, which combines very well with compoundeyes for accuracy). Not to mention the combination of sleep powder + compundeyes followed by a quiver dance setup into a bug buzz (strong bug special attack) / hurricane sweep.

He may not be the most used 'mon but he certainty packs a punch.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
Anoni Mus said:
Dark Psychic Pokemon no attack against him has 0.5 damage. It's all 1, one 2 (fairy) and one 4 (bug).
also one 0 (psychic) its messes with minds but its mind can not be messed with, having sand thrown in its eyes improves its accuracy and covering in webbing only makes it faster, Everything you know is wrong and Malamar will let you know that via a bowl of asswhoop. Yea malamar has quickly become my new fav pokemon.

saxman234

Nov 23, 2011
Hmmm, not the best list. Goomy is obviously everyone's favorite new pokemon. Gen 6 has so many fantastic pokemon designs. I was at first disappointed that there is only around 70 new pokemon, but most of them are great.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
Chesnaught, because even Pokemon is targeting the Fratboy demographic.

Another

Mar 19, 2008
Aegislash is best new pokemon. That stance change stuff it gets and the moves Sacred Sword and King's Shield? Plus its Ghost/Steel? That thing just wrecks.

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
No love for Noivern here?

It's a half Bat half Dragon with speakers for ears...as soon as i get this guy he is in my team for good!

Epicspoon

May 25, 2010
Story said:
Good picks, though I got pretty excited when I saw this Pokemon.

We got a Luchadore pokemon, I did not see that coming.

Also keys...
I name mine El Loco Polo! He's my new favorite!