8 Must-Have Skyrim Mods

TT Kairen

Nov 10, 2011
IceForce said:
What's up with all the thread necros and recycled content recently? If vapid list articles aren't bad enough, now you can't even be bothered to write new ones?

Is this seriously what this site has become?
Basically. Also this list lacks Ordinator, the single best perk overhaul, which is a crime in itself. It adds so much gameplay and variation that it's simply insane.

Drake the Dragonheart

The All-American Dragon.
Aug 14, 2008
Fappy said:
Immersive Armors has always been one of my favorite mods. So fucking legit.
that is a really great mod.

while maybe not necessarily lore friendly, I absolutely love the master exploder shout!

http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/55123/?

Many weapon and armor mods:
frostmourne with lich king armor
the shining paladin armor and weapons
the breton paladin with accompanying quest
wrath paladins of the divine armor and a badass armored horse to boot!
a mod enhancing one of my favorite followers: Teldryn Sero
alternate dragonplate: adds padding and pauldrons to dragonplate to cover the arms.
any armor mod by hothtrooper. does some amazing work. I love his dragon knight armor.
spellbinder armor

oh a must have: left hand rings! every RPG I have ever played has let you have an amulet and TWO rings!
one handed master spells
actually a deadly verbal debate
draco's shout overhaul
vulgoth the necromancer fiend armory and mini-quest

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
vallorn said:
The best Skyrim mod is called Morrowind. It's great! Doesn't even need to have Skyrim installed on your machine!
Big let down on the combat system though. I swear, right in front of an enemy, but you keep somehow missing when you swing a blade at them.

Smithnikov_v1legacy

May 7, 2016
TT Kairen said:
IceForce said:
What's up with all the thread necros and recycled content recently? If vapid list articles aren't bad enough, now you can't even be bothered to write new ones?

Is this seriously what this site has become?
Basically. Also this list lacks Ordinator, the single best perk overhaul, which is a crime in itself. It adds so much gameplay and variation that it's simply insane.
YES. It single handedly along with Apoc made me actually willing to do a spell caster which I'd played without doing for ages.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Smithnikov said:
vallorn said:
The best Skyrim mod is called Morrowind. It's great! Doesn't even need to have Skyrim installed on your machine!
Big let down on the combat system though. I swear, right in front of an enemy, but you keep somehow missing when you swing a blade at them.
i know right.. its a wonder the population havent starved to death missing their combat roll when eating with a knife and fork

Weresquirrel

Aug 13, 2008
I saw it briefly mentioned earlier, but I'm gonna throw up another recommendation for Khajiit Speak (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14513/?). If anyone likes playing as the Khajiit this mod makes it feel so much more interesting

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
Insects Begone, it's a modular mod so you can remove whatever phobias you have like in my case there are no spiders. They've been replaced with bears, wolves, and skeevers. It disables achievements sadly but it's needed for the game to be playable.

Jan 27, 2011
Interesting NPCs didn't make the cut? Why?

It's amazing and adds a ton of new content and amazing companions and quests right into the familiar map. Hell, lots of them cross over with one another! (Generally, at least. It does make romancing my favourite character, the Swamp Knight really hard though as she's connected to so many quests)

Although I can confirm that Realistic Needs and Deadly Diseases is fantastic and when combined with a mod that makes food grant longer lasting buffs rather than straight healing, it makes food super amazing and useful.

Weresquirrel said:
I saw it briefly mentioned earlier, but I'm gonna throw up another recommendation for Khajiit Speak (http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/14513/?). If anyone likes playing as the Khajiit this mod makes it feel so much more interesting
YES. VERY YES. Basically mandatory if you're playing a Kahjiit. I love it.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Skyrim VR won't have much of a playerbase, and I will bet real money that Nintendo won't allow mods (in the unlikely event they do, it will have the same restrictions as Sony and Fallout 4) in their game.