Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
P-89 Scorpion said:
Scarim Coral said:
No Hunter X Hunter well the first version or did the newer one also ended?

Man watching Bleach openning 1 is a classic. Also Naruto Shippuden would had ended already if it STOP THE RECENT FILLERS ALREADY!!!
Both Hunter x Hunter are much shorter at 62 episodes for the first and 148 episodes for the second which ended in 2014.
Yeah I know that but the first version had like several OVA's that take place after the original series ended (when the two enter that MMORPG like world).

rgrekejin

Mar 6, 2011
In addition to the aforementioned Pokemon, I remember Inuyasha seeming to be interminable when it was airing. The final total turned out to be 193 episodes, 4 movies and an OVA. So, it's significantly longer than Lupin, but I don't really mind Inuyasha being omitted in favor of Lupin, as Lupin is the vastly superior series.

Redd the Sock

Apr 14, 2010
Lucane said:
Redd the Sock said:
So we aren't counting Gundam as one thing? There's over 300 just on my shelf, not counting stuff not in NA and Turn A which I haven't gotten yet.

And while not as long as the majority of this list, I'm still proud of my complete run of Urusei Yatsura. 198 episodes, 6 movies and 6 OVAs on 62 DVDs.

And also a fan of Dr Slump. Full run of Manga and the movie set they got out last year. I still find it greatly funny that at one point, the great and mighty Saiyan god needed to be saved by a flat chested robot girl with glasses.If they're going to continue this run of new DBZ material, I'd lover her to show up, just to see how long it would take her to annoy vegita past the breaking point.
Gundam isn't in total a straight time line containing everything in one universe Build Fighter see to that for sure. But the other series mentioned attempt to follow the same people or timeline even with time skips like Naruto or Dragon Ball.
I wasn't exactly sure since Lupin's not exactly known for continuing or consistent narrative.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
I think it's pretty safe to say that Pokemon has just as many episodes as these series, it's been running since '98, it's currently sitting at 906 episodes... And fucking Ash refuses to grow the fuck up, that little shit :mad:

ccggenius12

Sep 30, 2010
rgrekejin said:
In addition to the aforementioned Pokemon, I remember Inuyasha seeming to be interminable when it was airing. The final total turned out to be 193 episodes, 4 movies and an OVA. So, it's significantly longer than Lupin, but I don't really mind Inuyasha being omitted in favor of Lupin, as Lupin is the vastly superior series.
The 128 (wikipedia says this should be 155...) was just for series 2. The first series clocks in adds another 23, the third series was 50. The recent Fujiko spin-off added another 13, and the most recent set added another 24. Not to mention, there's been a TV special and/or movie every year since it debuted in the late '70s.

aba1 said:
Er while One Piece does have some filler as any long series like that does, it actually has very little of it. I have gone through it around 8 times now and there is honestly only a handful of filler arcs in the whole thing. Most of them only last 5 eps or so and most of them are at the start of the series. Though unless you watch it all maybe it seems like there is more filler? I will admit specifically with the anime more than the manga there is parts that can be a bit slow paced admittedly
What bothers me about the One Piece filler arcs is that there's no need for it. Oda writes canon subplots at the beginning of each chapter. The Rainbow Mist, second Davyback Fight, etc. could all have been content like Gedatsu's Accidental Blue Sea Life, or Ace's Blackbeard Hunt. What bothers me is, initially they WERE doing that. Little Buggy's Big Adventure and the Coby-meppo storyline came from that. It bother's me because they still reference those events in the main story-line. How's about ANIMATING how Jango and Fullbody became besties for life, or the origin for that fancy metal that Franky built all his cool new stuff out of?

EHKOS

Madness to my Methods
Feb 28, 2010
Sniper Team 4 said:
I wish other anime/manga would get this treatment.

Okay, maybe not this level of treatment, but still. So many animes that I like end after one or two seasons, usually without wrapping up the main plot. The Devil is a Part Timer, A Certain Magical Index and Railgun (yes, I know there are rumors about a third season, but until I actually see it...), Spice and Wolf; the list goes on.
I don't want them reaching Bleach or Naruto levels of episodes, but it would be nice if these shows stuck it out a bit further.

As for Naruto, I'm still buying the box sets as they come out. It has become a quest now, a mission to own every single one.
I would kill for some more Black Lagoon. I feel like I could watch another season of Outlaw Star if they were just working on odd jobs. Oh, and I know it's a video game adaptation, but Persona 4 could go on for hundreds of episodes and I'd love it...or maybe I loved it because it was so short. The characters are all still awesome though, it's definitely one I'll never forget. I still can't get over how adorable and funny Kuma/Teddie was.

Aerosteam

Get out while you still can
Sep 22, 2011
Darks63 said:
This List makes me wonder what if Berserk had gone beyond the Golden Age arc how many eps would it be at? Which in turn makes me kinda sad.
I like to think there'd be a mass of filler episodes taking place entirely on the boat.

Tsun Tzu

Feuer! Sperrfeuer! Los!
Legacy
Jul 19, 2010
Country
Free-Dom
I somehow managed to watch a good portion of Bleach (I might've skipped some fillers) but...I have no desire, whatsoever, to subject myself to something like that again.

Not that the show was bad (I enjoyed it for the most part) or anything. It's just too fucking much time and too much content to get through.

Which is why I haven't touched One Piece or Naruto. It's too much. Too daunting.

Let's do some math here:

700+ episodes x 22 minute run time = 11+ straight days of animation.

Nope. Can't do it.

aba1

Mar 18, 2010
ccggenius12 said:
rgrekejin said:
The 128 (wikipedia says this should be 155...) was just for series 2. The first series clocks in adds another 23, the third series was 50. The recent Fujiko spin-off added another 13, and the most recent set added another 24. Not to mention, there's been a TV special and/or movie every year since it debuted in the late '70s.

aba1 said:
Er while One Piece does have some filler as any long series like that does, it actually has very little of it. I have gone through it around 8 times now and there is honestly only a handful of filler arcs in the whole thing. Most of them only last 5 eps or so and most of them are at the start of the series. Though unless you watch it all maybe it seems like there is more filler? I will admit specifically with the anime more than the manga there is parts that can be a bit slow paced admittedly
What bothers me about the One Piece filler arcs is that there's no need for it. Oda writes canon subplots at the beginning of each chapter. The Rainbow Mist, second Davyback Fight, etc. could all have been content like Gedatsu's Accidental Blue Sea Life, or Ace's Blackbeard Hunt. What bothers me is, initially they WERE doing that. Little Buggy's Big Adventure and the Coby-meppo storyline came from that. It bother's me because they still reference those events in the main story-line. How's about ANIMATING how Jango and Fullbody became besties for life, or the origin for that fancy metal that Franky built all his cool new stuff out of?
I never really thought about it but I agree I don't know why they don't do that honestly. It seems like such a easy thing to go with and you could keep things canon that way too and help develop subplots.