8 of the Worst Video Game Spin-Offs

Lizzy Finnegan

Mar 11, 2015
8 of the Worst Video Game Spin-Offs

A familiar name from a stable franchise isn't enough to carry a bad game. These 8 games are some of the worst spin-offs we've seen.

Read Full Article

LysanderNemoinis

Noble and oppressed Kekistani
Nov 8, 2010
Yeah, Survivor was awful. I don't have any first-hand experience with it, but from everything I've seen is pathetic. Did you know you could actually almost all the combat in the game by facing walls while you move through room? If the enemy isn't on screen, they literally cannot hit you.

However, I do disagre with you on the sequels for it, at least one of them. Dead Aim wasn't a super great game, but it was pretty good with it's low-key charm, derpy story, and unique third/first person hybrid gameplay. But that's just me.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Whoa, whoa whoa.

Mega Man soccer is the shit, and thems fightin' words, ma'dam.

Resident Evil: Survivor was super shitty, and I completely forgot that was a thing.

HaileStorm

Apr 15, 2014
Hey You Pikachu was the shit. You got to go fishing and find treasure and what not. Yeah it was super clunky and half the time Pikachu did his own thing, but it had merit. I enjoyed the game way back when.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Surely Gaiden is a worse Resi spin-off than Survivor? And if Dead Aim counts as a sequel, I'd say that's fairly decent, if unmemorable.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
Mega Man Soccer was actually kind of fun.

Now if you want a REALLY shitty spin-off?
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble

Fuck you Capcom, fuck you.

Katherine Kerensky

Why, or Why Not?
Mar 27, 2009
Hawki said:
Surely Gaiden is a worse Resi spin-off than Survivor?
I literally came into this thread to say that Gaiden was worse than Survivor. I should know, since I had both. Still have Gaiden, somewhere.

Wilco86

Oct 5, 2011
Castlevania: Judgement's story mode with kid Maria walking around being envious for Sypha's and Carmilla's breasts... Yep, didn't see that coming when starting the game.