8 Reasons That We Should All Love Stephen Colbert

DrStrangelove

Apr 10, 2008
8 Reasons That We Should All Love Stephen Colbert

With Stephen Colbert taking over the The Late Show we decided to give you all eight great reasons to love Stephen Colbert. He's done so much for society as a whole that he deserves all of our appreciation. So sit back and bask in the awesome that is Dr. Stephen T. Colbert.

Read Full Article

WarpedLord

Mar 11, 2009
He played Professor Impossible, a character who was "emotionally stunted" and "leaning towards evil"?

No wonder he does such a great job of pretending to be like Bill O' Reilly and Rush Limbaugh!

AldUK

Oct 29, 2010
Next week - 8 Reasons For Non-Americans As To Who Stephen Colbert Is And Why We Should Care

Just kidding, I know who he is. He's that American guy who jokes about politics in a one-man panel show that is apparently satirical, but instead comes across as slap-stick. Hailed as a deity by 20-somethings in every corner of 'Murrica.

Ferisar

Oct 2, 2010
AldUK said:
Next week - 8 Reasons For Non-Americans As To Who Stephen Colbert Is And Why We Should Care

Just kidding, I know who he is. He's that American guy who jokes about politics in a one-man panel show that is apparently satirical, but instead comes across as slap-stick. Hailed as a deity by 20-somethings in every corner of 'Murrica.
This post is an emotional roller-coaster. Just accept Colbert into your life.

OT:
I actually had no idea he was the spy, although I've no idea how I missed it. Damn. Guess IT'S TIME TO REWATCH THE MOVIE

Eric the Orange

Gone Gonzo
Apr 29, 2008
Huh, I love Harvey Birdman: Attorney at Law, but I never knew he was the voice of Phil Ken Sebben. learn something new every day.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
I'm not American and I love Stephen Colbert. The Report was on telly in Britain for a little while, although not on the same channel as The Daily Show was and with an hour between TDS finishing and the start of TCR so it was never going to do well. I really hope he does well in his new gig because he's both incredibly funny and seems like a really good guy.

On a side note. It was when FX got Colbert that Comedy Central stopped letting people in the UK from viewing either show online which makes me wish they'd never bothered.

shirkbot

Apr 15, 2013
AldUK said:

To be fair, he's also seen as one of the better sources for actual news due to constantly lampooning both news sites and the overblown antics of their talking heads, often with their own material.

OT: I would also like to add to the list all the charity work Colbert has done, his speaking before the US Congress on the matter of migrant workers and his coverage of Super Political Action Comities (And really any nonsensical appendage of the US legal system).

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Colbert's great and all but...

All of these are so minor and / or irrelevant that you may as well just cite the Colbert Report as the reason to love him, it's more interesting than 'voices some cartoons' by a fair bit.

Although it is cool that he was in the hobbit, did not notice that despite remembering seeing the character.