8 Reasons Why Rio May Have Been a Bad Choice For the Olympics

Cap'nPipsqueak

Jul 2, 2016
008Zulu said:
Catnip1024 said:
At least they've not gone full FIFA yet and decided to host it in the middle of the hottest, least hospitable part of the world, in a country which oppresses women and bans alcohol, in 50C heat, in stadiums build with slave labour...
I think we can all breath a sigh of relief that it wasn't built upon a mass grave, right? (I really hope this isn't the actual case. I'm almost too scarred to go looking)

OT; The opening ceremony wasn't too bad. The treejaculation was a little... weird.

I am still waiting to see how many of the events are going to be held on incomplete tracks.
Am I a bad person for considering watching the Olympics just to see if anyone gets killed?

KissingSunlight

Molotov Cocktails, Anyone?
Jul 3, 2013
Zetatrain said:
KissingSunlight said:
After watching an investigative report about how corrupt the IOC is and the atrocities that occurred before and after the games in Beijing and Sochi, I am convinced when need to stop having The Olympics.
As others have mentioned, a solution would be to have designated areas for the Olympics preferably places that already have the facilities. This way the country's economy doesn't get turned upside to make way for the Olympics every time they come around and the facilities get used more than just once.
KissingSunlight said:
The only reason we care about The Olympics is for nationalism.
Well speaking for myself, I care about the Olympics because I like sports. Sure nationalistic pride plays a factor, and I'll be more invested if my team has a chance at winning, but that doesn't stop me from enjoying events where they are ether absent from or have no chance of winning.
I have been watching some of The Olympics. I have enjoyed watching the competitions. Yes, even rooting for my country.

I still got to ask. Are these games worth the price in money and in lives killed and horribly mistreated? I don't think so. The Olympics is a concept past it's time. The spirit of the games have been corrupted. They are a horrifically, unnecessary burden to a lot of people's lives. If we care about the betterment of humanity, we should stop putting on this bread and circus event.