8 Ridiculously Expensive Gaming Peripherals that You Still Want

n0e

Eternally Lurking
Feb 28, 2014
8 Ridiculously Expensive Gaming Peripherals that You Still Want

What's your dream peripheral when building a PC?

Read Full Article

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan

No mention of the Steel Battalion Joystick kit?!

For Shame!

Additionally, no mention if the 8K monitor supports 10bit colours.

10BIT OR BUST!!!

Geisterkarle

Dec 27, 2010
008Zulu said:
Seriously, that butt-ugly mouse only has two buttons? What is this, 1998?
I only use mouses with two (three, if you count middle/mouse-wheel) buttons. What do I need 37 buttons (or whatever the count of "modern" mouses is!?) for?
But maybe I'm "old"... and that is the problem that I have with most of these items:
peripherals are just that: peripherals! I use them for using and working! I don't care if they get a little dirty or if they are thrown around a bit. My tower is the original tower of my very first own PC (could be even from 1998...)!
I would never see any of those things as something that its worth spending that much money on them. A PC is not a "status symbol"!

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
I didn't really want any of that stuff
Saulkar said:

For Shame!
That controller cost $200 so people could've saved for it a lot easier than all the worthless items mentioned.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Geisterkarle said:
I only use mouses with two (three, if you count middle/mouse-wheel) buttons. What do I need 37 buttons (or whatever the count of "modern" mouses is!?) for?
Those are mainly for MMOs, I myself prefer a mouse with a minimum of 10. They are very handy with some games, or even working in such areas as graphic design.

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Saulkar said:

For Shame!

10BIT OR BUST!!!
Wasn't that for the original Xbox, not the PC? Or am I remembering things wrong?

Also, while we're at it, no mention of the Battletech pods?

Or how about the Gundam pods?

Also how the hell did we manage to beat Japan at their own game by years but no one ever talks about it?

And the Emperor 200 Workstation kind of reminds me of something. I can't for the life of me remember what it was called, but it was an enclosed pod that you sat in that allowed you to connect either your cable, video game system or PC to it to allow for what the Workstation allows for only the thing is completely enclosed.

Can't for the life of me remember what it was called though, I just remember it being on the cover of some order out magazine my mother gets every year that always has one ludicrously expensive item in it (that year, it was that thing. I also remember the year after it was a more reasonably priced 2 person tricycle scooter)

Saulkar

Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
Country
Canuckistan
Zontar said:
Saulkar said:

For Shame!

10BIT OR BUST!!!
Wasn't that for the original Xbox, not the PC? Or am I remembering things wrong?
Yep but third part adapters and drivers allow it to work on the PC and with many simulator type games. A customised version of the driver was made specifically for Mechwarrior: Living Legends by the community.

fractal_butterfly

Sep 4, 2010
008Zulu said:
Also a mouse made out of gold seems like a pretty bad idea. Even heavy duty gaming mouses have massive wear and tear, when you use them the whole day for working and gaming.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Geisterkarle said:
008Zulu said:
To use inputs that dont need to be on the other end of the keyboard. anything on the right of R,F and V cant be used frequently and if you already filled all the other keys around WASD then yeah, having more buttons on the mouse is nice.

Jan 12, 2012
008Zulu said:
This. It's not a gaming mouse, it's a showpiece for an idiot with more money than taste. Same with that platinum PC.

Half this stuff isn't for gaming, it's just 'overly priced computer products'. I'd love to see what a real gaming PC, commercially sold but made to the absolute peak of what money could buy, would be like.

Sizzle Montyjing

Pronouns - Slam/Slammed/Slammin'
Apr 5, 2011
I can get behind fancy wood and metal keyboards and an 8k screen I suppose. The racing chair and stupid desk are just not for me. But everything else would require me to have zero taste, and that's something that money (clearly) can't buy.