8 Ridiculously Underrated Games

Headsprouter

Monster Befriender
Legacy
Nov 19, 2010
I LOVE Bioshock Infinite. I even liked the Multiplayer! I spent hours playing that, alone Speaking of which, I bought Bioshock 2 for PC last year...although I haven't felt the need to play it since I had already played through it about 4 times on console (Total playthroughs per game: 1- Four complete playthroughs. 2- 4 complete playthroughs. 3- Played once, never touched again.), but I always found myself wondering if anybody still plays the multiplayer.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Pyrian said:
Dantos said:
For me, the thing that bothered me about Brutal Legend was that it seemingly was more marketed as a zeldaesque adventurey hack n slash, and it was for a little bit when I first played it. Then the RTS kicked in for the 2nd part, the majority of the game, and I hate RTS.
Mixing genres: Devs want to attract fans of either genre, but instead get only people who are fans of both...
Doesn't help that by doing two different genres you generally just half ass both rather than do them both well. Which is part of why Spore is awful even ignoring it's over promising for years: whoever suggested mixing five different genres in one game should have been shot on the spot.

Jaggededge11

May 8, 2013
Bioshock 2 was lackluster on all fronts; while not the worst game it's faults really did stand out from it's predecessor. Bioshock 2 felt as if someone tried to copy Bioshock 1, but instead of focusing on narrative and ambiance (Which made the original so great) they opted to go for gunplay and multiplayer (In order to be more mass-market friendly).

While I will agree that the ending for Bioshock 2 was better than the first, not much else from that game really stuck out.

PhiMed

Nov 26, 2008
ffronw said:
8 Ridiculously Underrated Games

These eight games never got the attention they deserved. Well, until now, anyway.

Read Full Article
Hmmm...

This should be interesting *click*.

Bioshock 2

Well, I can safely disregard this list. While Bioshock was a fun experience, it lacked everything that made the first one great. Most importantly, it lacked a point. Well, let's see what else this person thinks is "overrated".

Beyond Good & Evil

Yes, because the mark of any underrated game is being unable to take five steps without tripping over an article praising it.

Who writes these, honestly?

SlightlyEvil

Jan 17, 2008
Brutal Legend is great fun. Deeply flawed, but the world is my favorite sandbox to explore. So much to see, blasting around the world with some kickass metal playing.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
Huh... I had no idea what Sim Golf was until I saw that picture and realised that I used to play that game a lot as a child.
I haven't thought about it... ever. It's something that had completely gone from my mind.

It's a weird feeling to have a memory restored like that...

Xerosch

Apr 19, 2008
Let me chime in with my suggestions:

Legend of Kay
It gets re-released for current gen consoles in May and belongs to the best Zelda clones I've ever played. With bad voice acting.

The Mark of Kri
Imagine Conan in a DreamWorks/Disney look with all the violence in tact.

Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Travel the world with your own Troll.

K.ur

Jul 31, 2013
Some i call Gems.

G-Police: You're a jetcopter cop in mars colonies. Fighting in dome cities between criminals and military complex conspirators.

Galerians: You wake up in hospital without memory but psychic powers, that also kill you slowly and faster when used. There is meds for it, but they are not infinite.

Vagrant Story: I read people have bad blood with this one, but i really like this. I wish a beyblade game with the same mechanics.

Overlord: People who know it, love it. People who don't, love it after they learned about it.

Shadowman: That was my Dead Space, children.

Haegemonia: Legions of Iron; a space strategy game.

gridsleep

Sep 27, 2008
Evil Genius, a game of which I have never heard, immediately reminds me of that old Bugs Bunny cartoon. Evil Genius... Boo!

StatusNil

Oct 5, 2014
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I've never dared try Alpha Protocol because whenever it's mentioned it is always accompanied with "buggy as h3ll"..
It sounds like I would have really enjoyed it if it wasn't for that though.
I don't recall ANY major bug-outs, certainly nothing game breaking, in comparison to Obsidian's usual standards. (Hello, Neverwinter Nights 2!) Played the PS3 version if memory serves, so maybe it's superior to other versions. Which would be very unusual.

My advice would be not to be put off by such scares and give it a chance. You can probably pick it up dirt cheap anyway.

Vendor-Lazarus

Censored by Mods. PM for Taboos
Mar 1, 2009
StatusNil said:
Vendor-Lazarus said:
I've never dared try Alpha Protocol because whenever it's mentioned it is always accompanied with "buggy as h3ll"..
It sounds like I would have really enjoyed it if it wasn't for that though.
I don't recall ANY major bug-outs, certainly nothing game breaking, in comparison to Obsidian's usual standards. (Hello, Neverwinter Nights 2!) Played the PS3 version if memory serves, so maybe it's superior to other versions. Which would be very unusual.

My advice would be not to be put off by such scares and give it a chance. You can probably pick it up dirt cheap anyway.
Hmm, interesting..Perhaps it's worth taking for a spin then.

I've known some buggy games to reboot the computer and in one case even cause the deletion of a major windows file, making the hdd completely unusable.
(Anno 1404 Gold on Win 8).
Granted, that's always the outside possibility but I tend to be cautious and as I said, it's usually always mentioned as bug-ridden.

Story

Note to self: Prooof reed posts
Sep 4, 2013
I really liked this list. A really good blend of commonly sited overrated games (Bioshock 2 and Beyond Good & Evil) along with a lot of choices people really don't consider like Impossible Creatures and Evil Genius. Kudos.

CaitSeith said:
Impossible Creatures sounds like a game that really needs to be re-released or remade.
I was thinking the same thing. Sounds like an awesome concept.