8 RPGs that Let You Talk Your Way Through Danger

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
8 RPGs that Let You Talk Your Way Through Danger

Fighting is always an option, but these eight RPGs were picked by our community as most likely to let diplomacy replace your sword.

Read Full Article

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Funny thing, I'm playing through Torment right now. STR, AGI and CON are my dump stats.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
I've always like Obsidian games. Not the gameplay mind you, it's usually buggy as hell. But, man can they write good stories.

Reincarnatedwolfgod

Jan 17, 2011
008Zulu said:
I've always like Obsidian games. Not the gameplay mind you, it's usually buggy as hell. But, man can they write good stories.
I will have to agree.
obsidian happens to be my favorite game studio and A few obsidian's games are my in my favorite games list because just of the writing.
speaking Obsidian games I own neverwinter nights 2 with mask of the betrayer but I have yet to played though it yet. I feel that I am currently missing out on some good writing.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
Reincarnatedwolfgod said:
I own neverwinter nights 2 with mask of the betrayer but I have yet to played though it yet. I feel that I am currently missing out on some good writing.
I'm playing through it right now. Allow me to offer some advice; Use a tank (Fighter, Paladin, Monk) build character. The enemy AI will target you first relentlessly, this makes playing a spellcaster very difficult.

RealRT

Feb 28, 2014
Finished Torment yesterday. Notably, talking the final boss yielded a far more satisfying conclusion than fighting him.

JohnnyDelRay

Jul 29, 2010
Gotta say that about all the Fallout games, and Vampire: Bloodlines. Some really fantastically written characters, including your own. Fallout: Tactics had some excellent higher rank members of the Brotherhood, the way they talked down to the mutants and lower ranks was quite over the top.

Bloodlines has some insane characters and plot twists, I've been hearing so much about it lately I think I might have to finally get it on Steam and play through again. I modded the crap out of it before, so I can't wait to see what the community has done with it over the years.

PoE is mighty inviting as well.

DoPo

"You're not cleared for that."
Jan 30, 2012
JohnnyDelRay said:
Bloodlines has some insane characters
Literally.

JohnnyDelRay said:
I modded the crap out of it before, so I can't wait to see what the community has done with it over the years.
The Unofficial Patch 9.3 just came out. Like, just few days ago. Three, to be precise - it was the 24th when it came out. Here are just few highlights

This time the setup has been changed, so now the patch will install itself into a subfolder of the main game directory called Unofficial_Patch and you need to start the game either via the desktop icon or start menu entry or manually using the classic Source mod -game parameter. That way several mods can easily be installed parallel on one vanilla game version! Thanks for this go to Behar, who not only created the Game Mod Loader but included all previous dll fixes into it as well!

The patch also includes two new maps, the Malkavian Maze and the Warrens Shortcut.
I think it's not a bad time to go get it [http://www.patches-scrolls.de/patch/4647/66381]. The new mod loader thing sounds sweet.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Uh? No Mass Effect? Sure, the combat was one of the most fun parts in the game. But it wasn't devoid of conversations that let you skip battles completely.