8 Space Games to Take You to the Stars

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
TheCaptain said:
Actually that TIE Pilot's name is Maarek Stele. I loved that game :)
This is correct, but you won't get that info from the game, which is why I didn't mention it.

Nice catch, though!

TheCaptain

A Guy In A Hat
Feb 7, 2012
ffronw said:
TheCaptain said:
This is correct, but you won't get that info from the game, which is why I didn't mention it.

Nice catch, though!
Aaah, I remember! It was only in the extra booklet that came with the game, right?

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
TheCaptain said:
ffronw said:
TheCaptain said:

Nice catch, though!
Aaah, I remember! It was only in the extra booklet that came with the game, right?
Yep, that and the strategy guide, too.

Those were the good old days, when companies included cool stuff in the box, and gamers took the time to read it all.

StreamerDarkly

Disciple of Trevor Philips
Jan 15, 2015
Look here Whitaker. You have 4 articles on the front page titled "8 games that ...". This isn't Jezebel, where I can find "8 reasons why ..." everything is sexist. Hopefully you see my cause for concern.

mrdude2010

Aug 6, 2009
I feel like Kerbal Space Program shouldn't have been omitted. Game has a ridiculous amount of stuff you can do.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
mrdude2010 said:
I feel like Kerbal Space Program shouldn't have been omitted. Game has a ridiculous amount of stuff you can do.
jab136 said:
Three Words "Kerbal Space Program" where is it?
Link_to_Future said:
I might have thrown Sins of a Solar Empire on here somewhere but that might just be the 200 hours I sunk into it talking. ^_^
Kerbal and Sins of a Solar Empire were both on my short list, but I bumped them off. Both super great games, though.

SoaSE in particular I have played a ton of.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
Freespace & Freespace 2? Isn't there usually a rule about limiting one entry per series in this kind of lists? And where the heck is FTL: Faster than Light!? In how many of those games in the list can you put out a fire in your ship by opening the airlocks, sucking out the oxygen in the room like in Firefly? Of course it didn't end too well for them, but that's not the point.

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
CaitSeith said:
Freespace & Freespace 2? Isn't there usually a rule about limiting one entry per series in this kind of lists? And where the heck is FTL: Faster than Light!? In how many of those games in the list can you put out a fire in your ship by opening the airlocks, sucking out the oxygen in the room like in Firefly? Of course it didn't end too well for them, but that's not the point.
Freespace 2 and Freelancer. Two different series.

FTL was on there, but didn't make the final cut. Still awesome, though.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
ffronw said:
Freespace 2 and Freelancer. Two different series.

FTL was on there, but didn't make the final cut. Still awesome, though.
OK, my mistake.

Dirkie

Feb 3, 2009
I hoped there would be any mention of Independence War or I-War 2, those gave me the feeling of handling something substantial in space by being slow and sometimes sluggish, hoping you could buy a bigger gun after you raided enough transports to get after the bigger prizes.
Follow the advice of Jefferson Clay and Granny.