8 Ways We'd Like to See Gameplay Change in 2016

Zhit

Dec 31, 2014
Maybe I'm alone in this desire--I'd just like to see complete games released again. No more DLC. No more progress improved by micro-transactions. Every big title it seems needs DLC and microtransactions, and I'm getting tired of the nickel and diming. Used to love driving games--Forza 5 & 6/Turn 10, with their hand always out for more money left a sour taste. Halo 5's REQ system--blech! We were better off when we had to keep pumping quarters into the arcade machines.

The only way to let publishers know we don't want micro-transactions is to stop using them. And this is where I know I'm in the minority--the publishers continue to tout how successful the micro-transactions are to the game's bottomline.

FireAza

Aug 16, 2011
A big "YES!" to the last point. The AI system in the post-Shadow of Chernobyl STALKER games is really amazing. Makes the world feel really alive when it's not just you wondering around the world and doing the things that most games only let the PC do. It also means you when two rival patrols start dukeing it out, you can sit back and watch and when it's over, swoop in and loot the sweet gear from the losers corpses :D

Broslinger

Jul 4, 2015
Highly flexible class systems don't work in multiplayer games.. They just lead to cookie cutter builds that are even more strict. A bunch of pros do math, and determine the best build, and you're a noob if you deviate.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'd like to see fully destructible environments again a la Red Faction: Guerilla. We haven't seen that scale of destruction in a long time... Too long.

AzrealMaximillion

Jan 20, 2010
Highly flexible RPG class system

FF14 if you're down for an MMO. You can level a character in literally all classes, some cross class skills are very useful. For example, a couple of Monk and Marauder skills make the Dragoon class more effective.