DragonForce Doesn't Want Your Guitar Hero Questions

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
DragonForce Doesn't Want Your Guitar Hero Questions

Even if Guitar Hero brought indie band DragonForce to nationwide stardom, the group members have grown tired of answering "Through Fire and Flames" questions.

The deal with Activision to include the song, infamous for its scorching fast fretwork, as the final, most difficult guitar game song ever in Guitar Hero 3 brought the band thousands of listeners whom may never have heard another DragonForce song.

DragonForce guitarist and co-founding member Sam Totman wants these people to enjoy his music without bugging him about the game.

"Don't ask if I can play my own song in Guitar Hero, because I've answered that question about five times a day," stated Totman.

"Can't complain, it's made more people like us. It's definitely helped a lot," Totman said in support of the followers of the game.

Really dedicated gamers bring guitars for the band to autograph, which they happily oblige. Totman commented, "Sometimes... I don't think they can be bothered to bring them to a gig, but we've signed our fair share of those."

Fans from before and after Guitar Hero can listen to more DragonForce with the band's recently released album Ultra Beatdown.

Source: Metal Injection [http://www.metalinjection.net/tv/view/1483/dragonforce-interview-with-sam-at-mayhem-fest-2008] via 1Up [http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3170370]

TOGSolid

Jul 15, 2008
wunderguy post=7.73308.791669 said:
indie band DragonForce
Really?
Yeah, I double taked at that one too. Wonder if they've gotten over their problem with playing so drunk that their live performances suck?

EDIT: Anyone else finding the quote button to be a touch buggy?

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
TOGSolid post=7.73308.791682 said:
wunderguy post=7.73308.791669 said:
indie band DragonForce
Really?
Yeah, I double taked at that one too. Wonder if they've gotten over their problem with playing so drunk that their live performances suck?

EDIT: Anyone else finding the quote button to be a touch buggy?
The live performance I went to they were really quite good. Herman snapped a guitar string while playing his guitar with a plastic sword instead of a plectrum, but all in all it was quite good.

But yeah, "Indie"? :/

qbert4ever

Dec 14, 2007
So they don't like being asked the same question, day in and day out?

Huh. Who would have known?

BobisOnlyBob

is Only Bob
Nov 29, 2007
Logan Frederick post=7.73308.791657 said:
indie band DragonForce
DF played here at my university yesterday. I'm pretty sure that the genre of music playing through the entire campus was not "indie".

Conqueror Kenny

Jan 14, 2008
Understandable really. I know of people that claim to be Maiden, Slipknot and Metallica fans, though they only know the songs from Guitar hero. It's quite sad really.

sirdanrhodes

Nov 7, 2007
Da_Schwartz post=7.73308.791740 said:
Ugh dragonforce is soo gay..talented yea..carzy musical skills. but still gay.
What, it's like one big gay orgy?

*Edit* I understand spelling errors, but you could at least make an attempt at not having the spelling skill of a 5 year old.

ZantetsukenQ

Sep 25, 2008
Dragonforce are great. Gigs are a lot of fun and they can play. Can't go wrong with some uber fast cheese. Big up the force!

Conqueror Kenny. I agree, anyone who considers themself a metal fan based on guitar hero tracks is pathetic. Really grinds my gears.

hbomb

Dec 3, 2007
Dragonforce were introduced to me through GH3. I'm quite a large fan of their music, although I find the lyrics can sometimes seem repetitive. Another band that's similar ot them - well, not that similar, but still deserving of a shoutout - is Sonata Arctica. Go check them out. I have no idea how popular they are, but I like their music.

TomNook

Feb 21, 2008
To all of you questioning Logan's use of indie, it is entirely correct. Indie means a means of expression not known by the majority. Before GH3, Dragonforce fit that label.

Mr.Pandah

Pandah Extremist
Jul 20, 2008
I guess it was Indie...Surprisingly, I heard and saw Dragonforce before GH2 even came out and everyone thought they would put them as the last song in that game. I used to love their music, but now I've grown tired of it and have moved on. Theres only so many times you can listen to an 8minute song before skipping it.

Logan Frederick

Aug 19, 2006
TomNook post=7.73308.791777 said:
To all of you questioning Logan's use of indie, it is entirely correct. Indie means a means of expression not known by the majority. Before GH3, Dragonforce fit that label.
Thanks Tom. From the subjective test of asking my friends pre- and post-Guitar Hero, the band fit the "indie" label, at least in America (perhaps they were more mainstream in England where they're from. If so, my apologies).

Murmur95 post=7.73308.791783 said:
sooo......*looks though the post* can he play it?
I guess that'll have to be Googled, as he didn't answer it in the interview. Metal Injection did say that their first interview with DF, they answered the question. I'd find the answer right now if I was less busy.

Bowstring

May 30, 2008
Indeed, before 'Indie' became a genre, it was just a way of describing any band that wasn't on a major label.

Any guitar players in this lovely forum will get a laugh out of this video, and see just how terrible they really bloody are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPp9rImK670&feature=related

Echolocating

Jul 13, 2006
Mr.Pandah post=7.73308.791827 said:
I used to love their music, but now I've grown tired of it and have moved on. Theres only so many times you can listen to an 8minute song before skipping it.
I hear you. There are so many great songs out there that unfortunately overstay their welcome. It's easy to have too much of a good thing. ;-)

ElArabDeMagnifico

Dec 20, 2007
I heard that Dragonforce speeds up their tracks (and we gotta somehow play it at full speed!) - but it's just another rumor that is in the back of my head.

Bowstring post=7.73308.791843 said:
Indeed, before 'Indie' became a genre, it was just a way of describing any band that wasn't on a major label.

Any guitar players in this lovely forum will get a laugh out of this video, and see just how terrible they really bloody are: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPp9rImK670&feature=related
Look at the "Fake parody!" in the related videos, it's even funnier.

Blayze

Dec 19, 2007
Indie: Any band with less than eleven fans, including the members of the band itself and the number of family members willing to be seen in public with them.