DragonForce Doesn't Want Your Guitar Hero Questions

Evilbunny

Feb 23, 2008
thebobmaster post=7.73308.791986 said:
Murmur95 post=7.73308.791783 said:
sooo......*looks though the post* can he play it?
No. No, he cannot. There is a video somewhere on Youtube of him failing at 2%.
Not surprised. In reality there are two people playing that part, and they use an effect for a certain part, so they're not actually playing at all. Not that guitar is anything at all like the real thing anyway.

Vlane

Sep 14, 2008
ElArabDeMagnifico said:
I heard that Dragonforce speeds up their tracks (and we gotta somehow play it at full speed!) - but it's just another rumor that is in the back of my head.
They speed up their videos. If you don't believe it watch the video to "Heroes of our time".

Edit: I believe he can't play the song in GH 3 and that is nothing special. I'm sure Kirk Hammett can't play One on GH. You can't compare that. I can play guitar very good but I think some GH songs (which I can play in real life) are pretty hard and I couldn't beat them.

Are.Oh.Why

Apr 30, 2008
conqueror Kenny post=7.73308.791734 said:
Understandable really. I know of people that claim to be Maiden, Slipknot and Metallica fans, though they only know the songs from Guitar hero. It's quite sad really.
You mean people like me? I confess!!!

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
It would be no surprise if they couldn't actually play it live. Youtubing some of the live performances of the song shows they aren't quite there with it and there are accusations of them being a "studio band", although without any real exposure I really can't make a call.

This is the kind of stuff that comes with the territory, honestly. There should be an expectation for these types of questions and I think DF should be rolling with the punches, not trying to ignore something that brought listeners to their attention.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
It would be no surprise if they couldn't actually play it live. Youtubing some of the live performances of the song shows they aren't quite there with it and there are accusations of them being a "studio band", although without any real exposure I really can't make a call.
Again, anecdotally, they played it fine and dandy at the gig I went to. They were really quite good. Though the whole "spitting water on the crowd" thing the singer did was a bit icky. :( Guess it kinda made sense though, being at the very front was fairly...unpleasant. Too many sweaty fat people, not enough attractive ladies.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I do think you need to be careful what you say, the moment you find yourself in the media spotlight, and althought it sounds like he saved it at the end, it's not going to be smart to knock new fans brought to you by a new market, even its considered an 'uncool' one. As is , I think they're a talented bunch , but not my choice of subgenre, is all.

After all Metallica didn't gain many fans when they spoke out about filesharing back in the day, tho they seem to have recovered. I'm not saying pirating music is justifiable, but metal is one of those 'rebel' genres, and as a metal figurehead, its not going to help your image if you're publicly going ' dont go breaking any rules kids, its not cool' then going off to make some anti litter ads. Probably best to leave that to your lawyers to make the statements.

DaeDaLuS_015

Oct 8, 2008
Heh, ofcourse he can't play it on guitar hero, anyone who has seen them in real-life can probably vouch for the fact that they can't play their solos on a real guitar that they have (presumably) been practicing for years and years. Never mind something that's only been around for a couple...

They tend to alter their solos to make them easier to play when they play live. The stuff released is played slower and then sped up to make it sound clean because if you play that fast it doesn't come out that clean, so they have to change it for that reason. (Although, i stand by the point that they simply suck at playing their own songs.)

Maybe that's the real reason the questions bug them so much?

*waits for the inevitable flaming with glee because some people are gonna love Dragonforce no matter what.*

Archereus

Aug 18, 2008
that sounds crappy, i been a big of theirs even before guitar hero, i do feel bad for them though, it is true, it must get annoying for sure

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
I imagine you could take a crackshot sniper and sit him in front of TF2 and he'd come bottom of the ranking too, there's just a huge difference between RL skills and gaming, and it sure doesn't make the guy a lousy player because he can't hit the coloured buttons accurately at speed.
GH isn't playing guitar, like pressing R1 in GTA isn't 'training you to become a murderer of police officers' (thanks JT).

[Gavo]

Jun 29, 2008
Bit obvious, I would be annoyed too. I've heard that their singer live kinda sucks...can anyone confirm that?

They're gonna be in my town (San Diego) soon, should I go? Or is it not worth $16?

tk1989

May 20, 2008
seen them a couple of times, and truth be told theyre not tht good. Saw them once in Aberdeen and they just seemed drunk, and i also saw them at download and they were all over the place. During through the fire and flames solo one of them actually forgot to do their part and there was about 10 seconds of silence as no guitar was being played.

kiwisushi

Sep 29, 2008
DF are ok, seen them 3 times now, they aren't as drunk any more so I think they are playing better. Still no match for the support band Turisas in my view (Am a pretty big Turisas fan mind, facepainted for the gig ;-) )

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
[Gavo said:
post=7.73308.796772]Bit obvious, I would be annoyed too. I've heard that their singer live kinda sucks...can anyone confirm that?

They're gonna be in my town (San Diego) soon, should I go? Or is it not worth $16?
I paid more than that for my tickets (grossly more in fact) and I was satisfied, though I did have friends to go with which did make the evening better. Check the support bands, if you've not heard of them before, you should go, if only to see the support bands and see what they're like. Plus, $16 is bugger all.

SimuLord

Whom Gods Annoy
Aug 20, 2008
DF's gods-awful live, but their studio recordings are good for putting on after waking up and before leaving for work. Sometimes that's about the only way it's possible to get up in the morning.

KyleTheAngry

Aug 3, 2008
Mr.Pandah post=7.73308.791827 said:
I guess it was Indie...Surprisingly, I heard and saw Dragonforce before GH2 even came out and everyone thought they would put them as the last song in that game. I used to love their music, but now I've grown tired of it and have moved on. Theres only so many times you can listen to an 8minute song before skipping it.
Check out Dream Theater...they prove that songs can remain awesome well over the 20 minute mark...(although sometimes they break them up into multiple tracks)

Frank Lucas Jr. post=7.73308.793375 said:
conqueror Kenny post=7.73308.791734 said:
Understandable really. I know of people that claim to be Maiden, Slipknot and Metallica fans, though they only know the songs from Guitar hero. It's quite sad really.
You mean people like me? I confess!!!
I wouldn't say thats a bad thing. GH has broadened peoples horizons musically...and i'm glad more people are now listening to Metallica or Maiden because of it (but not slipknot...definetly not slipknot :p). Granted they should look into more of their discography before they throw the "fan" word around, but it's a start :p.

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
Murmur95 said:
sooo......*looks though the post* can he play it?
Nope, they fail on the intro. I would link you to youtube but I can't be arsed just trust me on this

OT: Good, I would sick of it too but it is really how they got famous, at least they are a hell of a lot better live now