89 Features Missing From The Sims 4!

Final7111

Aug 6, 2011
So TS4News says that there are 89 features missing from The Sims 4 that where in previous iterations of the game. TS4News claims that almost all of these have been 100% confirmed. Only 11 of them are under the category "LIKELY TRUE YET STILL UNCONFIRMED".

MAJOR MISSING FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:

No create a style (CAST) - NOT possible in future expansions (x)
No modifications to world/public spaces ? The park in the demo is a mix of a community lot and public space (x1) (x2)
No ?normal? careers - Law enforcement, Medical, Business, etc. were removed (x)
No open world ? You must incur a loading screen between each active lot; each neighborhood has 1-5 lots total (x1) (x2)
No pools (x)
No terrain tools other than paint; everything is perfectly flat (x)
No story progression ? Sims in the neighborhood age, but do not have children, get jobs, move, get married?etc. without player intervention (x)
No toddlers (x)
No way to create/place new lots ? And you only have 2 empty ones at the start of the game!
No Mac version of the game at release

MAJOR CRIPPLED/LIMITED FEATURES THAT WERE IN TS3:

All buildings on a lot must have the same foundation. No mixing for sheds, garages, etc. (x)
Babies are mere objects ? All interactions are through basinet. There are no baby objects. Babies can only be lifted directly above basinet. (x)
Backgrounds are illusions ? The buildings in the background are not playable in the game. (x)
Completely FLAT lots ? The entire build-able world is completely flat (x)
Fewer floors/levels, limited to three (x1) (x2)
SIGNIFICANTLY smaller ?worlds? of <25 lots compared to 125+ lots in TS3 (x)
Smaller lots ? Lots are limited to 50×50 instead of 64×64. (x)
Loading screens for individual lots (x)
The map is a one-dimensional picture (x)
Teens are same height as adults and they, along with elders, all look nearly identical. (x)

OTHER MISSING GAMEPLAY ELEMENTS FROM TS1-TS3:

No acne (x)
No aliens (x)
No animated hair (x)
No aspiration failures (x)
No babysitters (x)
No bartender (as NPC) (x)
No basements (x)
No bookstores (x)
No burglars (x)
No cars (not even as décor) (x)
No cemeteries (x)
No cutscenes (x)
No cleaning skill (x)
No clothes shopping (x)
No color wheel, predefined to ~20 colors (x)
No comfort need (x)
No curfew (x)
No customization of multi-tone hair color (users select only main color) (x)
No dinner proposals (x)
No diseases or illness (x)
No dreams (x)
No environment need
No eyelash length slider (x)
No favorites (food, color, music) (x)
No fears (x)
No full face make-up (x)
No garage doors (x)
No gardener for hire (x)
No ghosts (x1) (x2)
No grocery stores (x)
No male body hair (x)
No move object cheat (x)
No newspapers (x)
No opacity slider for makeup (x)
No party invitations from other Sims
No private school (x)
No rabbit holes at all ? Sims move off-screen for work and school. There are no hospitals, work/school buildings?etc. (x)
No random or accidental deaths
No repairman (x)
No repo man - (x)
No restaurants
No skin slider (x)
No swimming/swimwear ? Including lakes, fountains, etc. (x)
No tragic clown or social bunny (x)
No way to watch a Sim commute to work/school (x)
No website for browsing exchange or store (in-game only)
No zodiac signs

MISSING OBJECTS FROM TS1, TS2 OR TS3 BASE GAMES:

No bikes
No changing tables
No cribs
No dishwashers (x)
No highchairs
No hot tubs
No pool tables
No trash compactors (x)

MISC CRIPPLED GAME FEATURES:

32-bit executable ? TS4 is not 64-bit, and cannot access more than 4GB of RAM. If you have more than 4GB then you are crippled.
Fewer traits in CAS (more traits must be unlocked/earned in-game)
Incompatible Simpoint currency - Sims 3 Store Simpoints do not work with TS4

LIKELY TRUE YET STILL UNCONFIRMED:

No cashiers
No Create a World
No exterminator
No swings
Premium Membership is REQUIRED to get certain sets on release day or at all
No inheritance
No interests
No magazines
No pinball machines
No way to water flower beds/bushes
No family trees
Lastly, it is important to understand that much of this content will NEVER be in The Sims 4. Things like Create a Style are not compatible with the game engine, and thus cannot be added in future updates or expansions.
source:

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/news-main/pc-2/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4-that-will-piss-you-off/

and

http://ts4news.com/post/94541924952/89-features-missing-from-the-sims-4

Zontar

Mad Max 2019
Feb 18, 2013
Well, they gave away Sims 2 with all DLC recently, so there's that to be played. I'll admit back in my youth I sunk far more money into that game with the DLCs then I probably should have.

nomotog_v1legacy

Jun 21, 2013
I am one of kind of odd for a sim fan in that I like it when they strip the game down to the basics when they add a higher number. The expansions add a lot of bulk to the game and it gets a little logy after a few. (It's my feelings that I might want to see the game striped down even more.) On the other hand, it doesn't seem like they are striping out components to improve the game. The bits and details I have seen suggest that they have just botched the development so bad that they simply don't have the time or money to do it right. (Apparently it stared out as a online game in that Era when EA said every game needs to be online.) Also I don't like that Create a style is out. I really liked how powerful that tool was.

Racecarlock

Jul 10, 2010
So, simple logic. TS2 with all expansions is available for free right now. EA decided to do that.

So, we've got a game with more features than it's 4th iteration and it's free right now. The Sims 4 lacks features that even the first game had. What reason do we have to pay EA for a game when it's older iteration is both far deeper and is available with all of it's expansions for free?

None at all. I mean, we already had no reasons, but making the sims 2 free with all expansions just added another great reason not to buy the sims 4. I mean they just shot themselves in the lungs and took the air out of their new latest release. Who is in charge there? And why haven't the shareholders wised up and sold?

Mr Dizazta

Mar 23, 2011
Racecarlock said:
So, simple logic. TS2 with all expansions is available for free right now. EA decided to do that.

So, we've got a game with more features than it's 4th iteration and it's free right now. The Sims 4 lacks features that even the first game had. What reason do we have to pay EA for a game when it's older iteration is both far deeper and is available with all of it's expansions for free?

None at all. I mean, we already had no reasons, but making the sims 2 free with all expansions just added another great reason not to buy the sims 4. I mean they just shot themselves in the lungs and took the air out of their new latest release. Who is in charge there? And why haven't the shareholders wised up and sold?
It was only available until 7/31.

AmrasCalmacil

Jul 19, 2008
Not having one big open world is good. Sims 2 did it better.

There's a lot of stuff I don't care about, or that is obviously gonna be in other expansions. No normal jobs strikes me as a bit of bullshit though.

WonkyWarmaiden

Jun 15, 2010
So basically they removed everything that made the previous games fun and interesting? Good going, you guys, maybe next you should get rid of those pesky Sim things, they're always trying to make you play the game and have fun, it's really annoying.

Elvis Starburst

Unprofessional Rant Artist
Legacy
Aug 9, 2011
Wow... Really? I never touched these games, but... I don't have to in order to see how broken and stupid this is. Just..................... No words. Nothing. EA, the fuck man?

Timpossible

Aug 4, 2014
At first i thought of little not so important features. Like things
nobody used in the interactions weels. But this? Why EA? Why? Some
of this sounds at least understandably in a way of "we want to make
it as casual as possible". But others are just "why EA?"

Waaaait second...I think I know. EA doesn't want to make a game. It wants
to make a 3D Facebook where people pseudo-express themselves in a very controlled
environment.

I mean. I played all sims games. Never bought one of the AddOns/DLCs. But I generaly
like the concept and anjoy it. And aside from the AddOn fuckery sims 1 to 3 where an
improvement to each other. But it sounds like sims 4 is going to be EAs newest facebook
game.

And I actually wanted to buy this...

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
So...EA is going to be dicks?

Yeah, this ain't nothing new.
I mean, seriously.

It's like their M.O. at this point...

StormwaveUK

Feb 1, 2011
I don't understand how most of this won't be added in future updates. They can update the engine to allow for Create a Style. It's not like it's impossible.

I stand by the theory that most of these things will be added, but as paid updates. Much like every game nowadays, we're expected to pay full price for the ability to play a game, but then expected to pay on top of that for the actual content that was purposefully not implemented, or simply removed.

leberkaese

May 16, 2014
I played Sims3 the way it was sold in Humble Bundle a while ago. It didn't do anything special compared to Sims 2 from what I remember with the exception of open neighborhoods. Still people bought the game. I think it was more succesful than the previous games' releases.

There's probably a huge part in the Sims community that buys the game no matter what. They don't wait for reviews, they just buy the game without any consideration. This is something that happens with all games - people blindly preordering the next CoD, Fifa/Madden or Assassin's Creed - but it's especially severe within the Sims community. Probably because they're 'casuals'.
I don't know, if this is really true, but it's obvious that EA thinks this way. They want to milk those Sims fans with as little costs as possible (Just like back then in the early 80s, right before the game market crashed).

But don't worry, if you buy all DLC released in the next few years you'll have a game that is like Sims 2 or Sims 3 with all DLC. You only have to pay $200-300. And Maxis? They don't have much development costs because they only have to do some remodelling and slightly improving the textures of Sims3's models.

Edit: also, the engine doesn't allow create a style? That's some huge bullsh!t.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Don't worry they can sell 90% back to you in the next 100 expansion/stuff packs.

Seriously pissed by this move, been a fan for years but will not be moving on to this fourth incantation

Sack of Cheese

Sep 12, 2011
I was a bit curious, but now I see no reason to get this game. The old games are so much cheaper now too, plus it has more stuffs.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
No acne?

FUCKING BOYCOTT!

What were they thinking, trying to release a game without acne? The nerve of it!

templar1138a

Dec 1, 2010
As I expected would be the case when TS4 was announced, I've ultimately decided to stick to TS3, thanks. I like it better than 2, and I've already bought the expansions and some stuff packs for it (during Steam sales, of course). The franchise has taken enough from my wallet.

Jandau

Smug Platypus
Dec 19, 2008
I remember a rumour that The Sims 4 started development as an iOS/Android game, with EA changing their mind and retooling it into The Sims 4. This would explain all the cut features (stuff they couldn't fit into the constraints of an iOS system), as well as the lack of 64-bit support...

Yali

Jul 2, 2012
leberkaese said:
There's probably a huge part in the Sims community that buys the game no matter what. They don't wait for reviews, they just buy the game without any consideration.
Of course. The Sims community is delicate. The forums are all ice cream and lollipop and rainbow unicorns. I read a whole thread about how unhappy they are about the existance of a "disagree" button on the forums... because you know it totally destroys all harmony to disagree with something. They will buy whatever EA/Maxis produces without questioning it because it cannot possibly be bad. It's creepy in a Stepford Wives kind of way.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
I'm really going to enjoy getting The Sims 4 for £5 in a christmas sale when The Sims 5 gets announced. It's gonna be lovely.