UPDATE: Pinhead Gets Summoned (Again) For 9th Hellraiser

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
UPDATE: Pinhead Gets Summoned (Again) For 9th Hellraiser

Pinhead is back for another Hellraiser movie, and this time he's all about family values.

Of the major 1980s horror franchises, Hellraiser is the only one that has yet to be rebooted. Instead, Dimension keeps on pumping straight-to-DVD Hellraiser films out on the market. Apparently these movies keep on making money, because the latest entry to the franchise - Hellraiser: Revelations - is due out next week.

A little confused by the trailer? Here's the official summary:

Pinhead is back and in his chamber of soulless delights, he thought he had two willing participants in Steven and Nico. But Nico wants out and decides that a member of Steven's family will serve as proper barter.

The movie reportedly only cost $300,000 to make, so it seems safe to assume that it'll easily make back its production costs, meaning that yet another Hellraiser movie will get made. That said, the small budget is fairly obvious thanks to the handheld camera (a la The Blair Witch Project) and somewhat basic sets.

It should be noted that this is the first time that Doug Bradley won't be playing the iconic role of Pinhead, which marks an end of an era. Hellraiser: Revelations is <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Revelations-Steven-Brand/dp/B0056P6SOG/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1314167082&sr=8-5>due out on DVD come September 2nd.

UPDATE: Apparently Clive Barker wasn't too impressed with the trailer either. After one of Mr. Barker's Twitter followers tweeted that Revelations seems to contain "a total disrespect for your work," the author went on a Twitter rant about the film, which you can read below:

Seeing as how Hellraiser: Revelations has neither the support of the franchise's creator nor the involvement of its principal actor, it might be safer to just skip picking the movie up and just re-watch <a href=http://www.amazon.com/Hellraiser-Andrew-Robinson/dp/6305972001/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1314202118&sr=8-2>the original film instead.

Source: Bleeding Cool via <a href=http://io9.com/5833432/pinhead-makes-a-baby-in-the-demented-new-hellraiser-trailer>io9, <a href=http://blastr.com/2011/08/think-the-new-hellraiser.php>Blastr

RaNDM G

Apr 28, 2009
Does this franchise seriously need another installment? The first one was okay, but twenty years later it's just the same story over and over again.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
RaNDM G said:
Does this franchise seriously need another installment? The first one was okay, but twenty years later it's just the same story over and over again.
I kinda liked the Bloodline movie, mainly because they did a lot to flesh out the movies' mythology. That said, it was still pretty bad. Haven't watched any of the Hellraisers since then.

008Zulu_v1legacy

Sep 6, 2009
For those at home, what is Hellraiser? All I have gotten from it is theres a pale faced man with pins stuck in his head.

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
008Zulu said:
For those at home, what is Hellraiser? All I have gotten from it is theres a pale faced man with pins stuck in his head.
It's the greatest movie franchise ever! [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hellraiser_(franchise)]

...ok, not really.

Seventh Actuality

Apr 23, 2010
Check up on Wikipedia, it looks like this thing is actually just an attempt to hold onto the rights while they try to get the actual Hellraiser remake they've been going on about for years into production.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
008Zulu said:
It's like when the Warp from Warhammer 40,000 meets the Necronomicon from Evil Dead.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
vansau said:
Haven't watched any of the Hellraisers since then.
Actually, numbers 5 and 6 are the ones I enjoyed the most. Sure, I liked the over-the-top gorefest of the first four movies - you know, in a trashy kind of way. However, the 5th and 6th movies ('Inferno' and 'Hellseeker') are more like mystery thrillers; they make rather little use of the cenobytes and only show and their freaky magic (let's just call it that) at key points to enhance the atmosphere.

OT: First, that didn't look too good. Second, it's not Doug Bradley, so it's not Pinhead. Begone, imposter!

Phraggah

May 17, 2011
Who you callin' Pinhead?

OT: They aren't even bothering with the remakes anymore, they're just mashing them on top of successful franchises as a marketing bullet point. They're going to start running out of material at this speed.

Hipsy_Gypsy

Jun 2, 2011
Snake Plissken said:
No Doug Bradley? I'm out...

Not to mention that the trailer looks awful.
Sonicron said:
vansau said:
Haven't watched any of the Hellraisers since then.
OT: First, that didn't look too good. Second, it's not Doug Bradley, so it's not Pinhead. Begone, imposter!
'Nuff said |: I felt so-so about it in regards to the trailer, being used to all the crap that the horror channel normally airs, til I noticed that Pinhead didn't quite look himself.

EDIT:
Nouw said:
008Zulu said:
It's like when the Warp from Warhammer 40,000 meets the Necronomicon from Evil Dead.
That reminds me... there's a new Evil Dead coming out soon or something as well, isn't there? No Ash though apparently! Though I'll have to look it up again to double check, lol.

x

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Can't be as bad as Hellraiser 3. ;)

i aM tHe CigArEtte fINgEr CeNoBiTE - I bUrN You

Sateru

Jul 11, 2010
DX I hate this already... I hate how Pinhead looks, I really dislike the fact that they're not using Doug Bradley, and it's a straight-to-video one which really shows that they simply don't care about whether or not it succeeds. All of this just screams that they are doing this for just money, don't give a shit about the series or Hellraiser in general and it all just pisses me off. >_< I really hate them... I know, hate is a strong word, but it fits since I loved Hellraiser... well, the first two movies.

Feb 13, 2008
II2 said:

Don't bet on it...

HR4 has the CD Cenobite and it just goes down hill. This is the Highlander 5, Police Acadamy 10 stage.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
vansau said:
RaNDM G said:
I kinda liked the Bloodline movie, mainly because they did a lot to flesh out the movies' mythology. That said, it was still pretty bad. Haven't watched any of the Hellraisers since then.
Bloodlines is number 4 right?, I have the box set (its shaped like like a great big Chinese puzzle box*) but I've never watched past 3 because of the CD throwing Cenobite, just no.

*when you open it up you get to watch the DVD's, and be tortured for an eternity, eternity? now that's good value for money!.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
The_root_of_all_evil said:
II2 said:

Don't bet on it...

HR4 has the CD Cenobite and it just goes down hill. This is the Highlander 5, Police Acadamy 10 stage.
Highlander 5, Police Academy 10 do not exist...

neither do Ridge Racer 5 on the PS2 and Alien versus Predator 2 Requiem.

*sticks fingers into ears*
LALALALALA I'M NOT LISTENING TO YOU!.

putowtin

I'd like to purchase an alcohol!
Jul 7, 2010
Batsamaritan said:
I'm going to watch this, it looks hilarious!
agreed! this is the kinda horror film I put on at Halloween, cause I ain't scared but whatching my mate hide behind the cushions like a little girl.... that's entertainment!

PureChaos

Aug 16, 2008
worse thing Clive Barker ever did was to sell the rights for the franchise. SHAME ON YOU