UPDATE: Pinhead Gets Summoned (Again) For 9th Hellraiser

Headdrivehardscrew

Aug 22, 2011
That would be Pinhead you're talking about. Pinhead is a Cenobite, and Cenobites live within the wonderfully horrific world of Hellraiser, according to Clive Barker (author).

It basically started out as a horror novel entitled "The Hellbound Heart", which I considered to be a jolly good read some time last century. It was eventually turned into a movie, entitled "Hellraiser". Both have quite a cult following, and I still own both the book and movie (on Laserdisc) and I consider them both to be quite worthwile.

That Hellraiser II movie still had some memorable scenes and it also manages to entertain, but everything that came after it I consider to be silly, boring, hilariously sad or plain bollocks.

May 28, 2009
emeraldrafael said:
(alone his twitter name, the REAL clive barker).
That one's probably because people like to join Twitter under the aliases of real people. So there's probably someone else out there calling themselves Clive Barker. Unless he's just trying to pre-empt it.

Morbissus

Jun 9, 2011
The first 2 were the best in the series. Pinhead has the best lines of any horror creature ever. Hells poet deserves better.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Lord Mountbatten Reborn said:
emeraldrafael said:
(alone his twitter name, the REAL clive barker).
That one's probably because people like to join Twitter under the aliases of real people. So there's probably someone else out there calling themselves Clive Barker. Unless he's just trying to pre-empt it.
I realize it just sounds like a dick move.

Moonlight Butterfly

Be the Leaf
Mar 16, 2011
Or I could watch X factor, that's equally as horrific and scarring.
The guy is probably just tired of being summoned now. Maybe as well install a revolving door...

Doclector

Aug 22, 2009
There's been nine? I didn't even know! I didn't want to know...And here I was thinking it was one classic that wouldn't be run into the ground.

The trailer looks awful and Clive barker is justifiably pissed. I don't think I can or need to say anymore.