9 Single Comic Issues to Be Thankful For in 2014

StewShearerOld

Geekdad News Writer
Jan 5, 2013
9 Single Comic Issues to Be Thankful For in 2014

2014 is nearing its end and with Thanksgiving here we thought it'd be fun to look at ten of the year's best individual comic issues.

Read Full Article

BrotherRool

Oct 31, 2008
Some of those covers are incredible by themselves. I'd happily pick up Thor, Ms Marvel and Moon Knight for the covers alone

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
I'm on board with Thor 21. Looks to be a fantastic read.

The Batman one could be interesting. I haven't read his books in a while as the last time I did, I couldn't believe how dark and disturbing it was. I know the Adam West style of comic book is dead, but this was ridiculous!

, thanks for recommending!

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Gorfias said:
I'm on board with Thor 21. Looks to be a fantastic read.

The Batman one could be interesting. I haven't read his books in a while as the last time I did, I couldn't believe how dark and disturbing it was. I know the Adam West style of comic book is dead, but this was ridiculous!

you do know the Adam west series is going on as a comic, right? 😉

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
V4Viewtiful said:
You're kidding? Next I'll find out there's still a Spiderman Electric Company series!

Akiraking

Jan 7, 2012
Gorfias said:

The problem with Batman is there is like five or six different series that all do their own version of Batman. Detective comics, Batman and Robin and Batman Dark Knight can all be very gruesome and disturbing at times. The main series just called Batman is probably the best Batman to read as it is about Batman solving crimes and stuff without the disgusting stuff.

gorfias

Unrealistic but happy
Legacy
May 13, 2009
Country
USA
Akiraking said:
The problem with Batman is there is like five or six different series that all do their own version of Batman. Detective comics, Batman and Robin and Batman Dark Knight can all be very gruesome and disturbing at times. The main series just called Batman is probably the best Batman to read as it is about Batman solving crimes and stuff without the disgusting stuff.
Thanks, I'll do that. I'd like to check out an actual crime solving Batman book, as opposed to a new vision where Joker's first act was to have his face peeled off.

Sadly, local town has only back to Thor 23. Rats. 21 sounds like so much fun.

I wonder if they'll fix the Galactus problem where he can be easily felled with a wiggle of Dr. Strange's finger?

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Gorfias said:
V4Viewtiful said:
You're kidding? Next I'll find out there's still a Spiderman Electric Company series!
now that you mentioned it, I think he is making a cameo in Marvels spider-verse multi-dimentional series

V4Viewtiful

Feb 12, 2014
Akiraking said:
Gorfias said:

I think you mean Detective. Barman was stabbed in the back in the court of owls arc 😋

Norithics

Jul 4, 2013
Good list! I'll have to check out some of these!
But...

The Cape Crusader battling the Riddle might be epic,
Sometimes spellcheck isn't the best editor. ;P