90s Cartoons That Have Aged Well

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Joseph Bradley said:
The Powerpuff Girls (Seasons 1-4)
The Powerpuff Girls is a show literally made for immature little girls.

Besides that, Batman Beyond.

TheMysteriousGX

Elite Member
Legacy
Sep 16, 2014
Country
United States
King of the Hill, though, granted, most of the show ran in the '00s. Its animation bible is a thing of beauty.

Veylon

Aug 15, 2008
I'm going to have to mention Beast Wars and ReBoot as well. I didn't even realize that ReBoot had a third and fourth season until a few years ago. Beast Wars was one of the few shows of the time - at least where I was - to have a continuing plot from one episode to the next. No status quo ever lasted for very long.

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
My favorites that I have watched recently:

Tiny Toon Adventures (downloaded and watched with my kids)

Rocko's Modern Life (I own the entire series on DVD)

Animaniacs (watched it on Netflix)

Batman: The Animated Series (Can't remember if it was Amazon or what, but this was still incredible last year)

DVD series that I own that didn't end up holding up well:

TaleSpin, Ducktails, Darkwing Duck. Wife picked them up to keep the kids calm while I went to help my father at the lake one weekend and watching them is terribly hard now. They are pretty cringey for reasons I can't decipher.

Season 1 - 3 of Family Guy got me through the first 4 months of living in the Barracks and are still incredible to this day along with the Stewie Griffin movie, and I own 4 - 9 of The Simpsons and love them with all my heart.

I watched Pinky and the Brain Christmas special about 10 years ago, and it was great, also. I still enjoyed Beetlejuice a few years ago, but not really sure how well the whole series holds up, as I only watched my favorite episode on Youtube with my stepdaughter.

King of the Hill is probably the best cartoon born of and in the 90s, even including the 17 episodes of Futurama that came before the millennium.

RobertEHouse

Former Mad Man
Mar 29, 2012
Breakdown said:
Duckman!

Sadly nobody else seems to remember this heroic duck.
Your right not many people do, which is a shame but then it did come on at night and i believe was listed originally as a mature ordinate cartoon. But still holds up.

09philj

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 31, 2015
Arnoxthe1 said:
Joseph Bradley said:
The Powerpuff Girls (Seasons 1-4)
The Powerpuff Girls is a show literally made for immature little girls.
If it would still entertain the demographic it was made for, and isn't bigoted, it can't be said to have aged badly.

Bobular

Oct 7, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Dexter's Laboratory Seasons 1 and 2 and the Ego Trip Movie.
This was going to be my answer. I wish I could have got my younger sister to watch Dexter's Lab when she was growing up.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Home movies technically counts.
Johnny Bravo actually has a lot of heart and still holds up.

Sonmi

Renowned Latin Lover
Jan 30, 2009
saint of m said:
The Critic
It STINKS!

(In all honesty though, one of my favourite series ever, but I wouldn't say it aged well, it's way too dependent on referential humour to stand up to the test of time)

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
09philj said:
If it would still entertain the demographic it was made for, and isn't bigoted, it can't be said to have aged badly.
But it can be said that it isn't actually relevant to this thread. Since it's a show for prepubescent girls.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Arnoxthe1 said:
09philj said:
But it can be said that it isn't actually relevant to this thread. Since it's a show for prepubescent girls.
And you know that none of the users here are young girls how? This sounds like someone is angry they aren't the demographic specifically being tailored to....

I mean most of these shows are for prepubescent . Might as well scrap the whole list with your logic.
--------------------------------------------------

OT:

I will give a definitive second to Courage the Cowardly Dog. I was actually watching that a couple of months ago lol.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Avnger said:
And you know that none of the users here are young girls how?
Are you being serious right now?

The rest of the shows are at least aimed at the male gender. (Which about 90% of users here are.) Now if you're a woman, I suppose that's a different story and Powerpuff Girls could still be relevant to you but there you go.

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Arnoxthe1 said:
Avnger said:
And you know that none of the users here are young girls how?
Are you being serious right now?

The rest of the shows are at least aimed at the male gender. (Which about 90% of users here are.) Now if you're a woman, I suppose that's a different story and Powerpuff Girls could still be relevant to you but there you go.
So you're upset because you aren't the one being specifically catered to with every single show mention in this thread...

Spade Lead

Nov 9, 2009
saint of m said:
Ducktails and Darkwing Duck anyone?
Have you watched them recently. They are pretty bad watching them now in my opinion, but I loved them when I was younger.

Arnoxthe1

Elite Member
Dec 25, 2010
Avnger said:
So you're upset because you aren't the one being specifically catered to with every single show mention in this thread...
Who said anything about being upset? I just think it's incredibly silly to say that Powerpuff Girls has aged well. It hasn't aged well. It hasn't aged at all. You know why?

Because it's a show for little girls. XD

Avnger

Trash Goblin
Legacy
Apr 1, 2016
Country
United States
Arnoxthe1 said:
Avnger said:
Who said anything about being upset? I just think it's incredibly silly to say that Powerpuff Girls has aged well. It hasn't aged well. It hasn't aged at all. You know why?

Because it's a show for little girls. XD
Just like every single other one of those shows is for youngins. What exactly was your point in protesting PPG then? Because its very much coming across as you being bothered by it simply because it is aimed at girls instead of boys or both.

Squilookle

Nov 6, 2008
Let's be honest- they all pretty much do. Though Tintin and Rugrats especially were the bomb