Critical Miss: A Tale of Two Hedgehogs

CK76

Sep 25, 2009
Sonic will always have special place in my heart. I never hated 3D Sonic, but can see how I forgave it for flaws would not have for other titles.

Welcome back to greatness buddy, knew had it in you.

RedEyesBlackGamer

The Killjoy Detective returns!
Jan 23, 2011
Young Erin is adorable. I was one of those that stopped playing after Sonic went 3D. I'll be picking up Generations later on, though. Too many good games coming out/already out. Nice to hear that it is very good.

Tartarga

Jun 4, 2008
Now let us hope that Sega can keep this up. Really, if the next Sonic game sucks ass then there will probably be a riot or something.

Dec 14, 2009
I will pick this game up for sure.

I too, grew up with Sonic on the Megadrive.

The Labyrinth Zone still haunts my dreams...

Renegade-pizza

Jul 26, 2010
DVS BSTrD said:
Here Sonic, you've earned it.
http://www.titleofshow.com/blog/media/1/20090816-chilidog2.jpg
Not you next-gen Sonic!!!

Also, why are her pets proportional to her age? Also, again, what other pets has she had?

tahrey

Sep 18, 2009
Ha... your mention of the pink goop gave me a flashback to the alternate history storylines in the UK sonic comics where things get rather nasty for Tails thanks to that stuff...

Mahorfeus

Feb 21, 2011
I gave up after the Adventure series. You finally find a way to actually fit a cinematic story into the franchise, and then you go and mess it up after the second one.

...I'm sure the 4Kids dub of Sonic X had SOMETHING to do with it <.<;;;

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Im going to say it, cause someone has to. Old sonic isnt good. The first one feels dated, the second one improves it, but the next three feel tacked on.

I know (older) people prefer those games but they just dont hold up as well as say mario games.
Now if you dont mind Im going to go play adventure battle 2. The best sonic game in the world.

Starnerf

The X makes it sound cool
Jun 26, 2008
Tin Man said:
Nope, sorry, I fit precisely into the nostalgia demographic for this game, and I have Sonics 1,2 and 4.1 on my 360 hard drive right now, but playing the demo for this game put me right off it. I found myself running into everything, because the sheer bright HD mess of colours means I just couldn't see a god damn thing, and the modern levels control like ass.

I guess I'm the only one though *shrug*
You're not alone, I feel the same way. I've beaten the game with 4 different controllers and Sonic just does not feel right with any of them. There's always a slight delay in his jumping or boosting or spindashing and it completely throws me off when playing. And the backgrounds are way too busy in the sidescrolling sections. The game looks very nice, but it does not play like classic or Adventure-era Sonic. Now, this might be because I haven't played any Sonic games after Heroes for any long amount of time, but I don't know where they got this control scheme.

FilipJPhry

Jul 5, 2011
Carter's right, though. It's really unfortunate that it's released during blockbuster season. I will get this game.
[small]Right after I'm done with Skyrim. Which will probably be in 3-4 months[/small]

GeorgW

ALL GLORY TO ME!
Aug 27, 2010
Aw, young Erin's soo cute!!
I'm one of those more recent Sonic fans, and I find both versions just fine. That said, I share the plight of all those Sonic fans and for their, and SEGA's sake, I just hope the next game isn't crap.

I've been curious though, what team developed Sonic Generations?

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
The first two Sonic games are the only Sonic games I've played, so maybe I should get this one.

shrekfan246

Not actually a Japanese pop star
May 26, 2011
Tin Man said:
Starnerf said:
You're not alone, I feel the same way. I've beaten the game with 4 different controllers and Sonic just does not feel right with any of them. There's always a slight delay in his jumping or boosting or spindashing and it completely throws me off when playing. And the backgrounds are way too busy in the sidescrolling sections. The game looks very nice, but it does not play like classic or Adventure-era Sonic. Now, this might be because I haven't played any Sonic games after Heroes for any long amount of time, but I don't know where they got this control scheme.
Nice to know I'm not the only one! I found what little I played a mad frustration because while the 3d levels felt as awkward as ever, I thought Sonic 4 handled really well. Putting that exact game, minus the homing jump, and running the original level designs through it, would've been enough for me to pick up a bargain bin sale I think...

Oh well, I imagine I'll run out of things to play by next August, and thats a dry season usually anyway, so I may pick generations up then for some achievement reaming =p
I have no idea if it's an issue with the full game or not, but I found with the demo that the controls lagged a considerable amount more while in HD than on a standard definition television for the PS3 version. Once I was trying the game with my normal AV cable on a cheap, seven year old telly the controls were almost perfect. If that holds true for the full game, sounds like something they need to patch right quick. (The PC version controls perfectly as well, assuming you have the hardware to run it, with a game-pad hooked up.)

OT: Well, I said all I can really say about the game (unless I want to think long and hard about it) in the long user review I posted yesterday, so I'll just have to say I'm glad other people are thinking it's good as well.

SilverUchiha

Dec 25, 2008
Honestly, I still prefer the modern sonic. I find the gameplay better and more fun. Classic Sonic isn't bad at all, but plays a little clunky by comparison and I just don't have fun with that. Plus, the music has gotten better, imo.

Generations, great game. Best one in a while.