Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition Video Shows Off the Doggie

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Mass Effect 3 Collector's Edition Video Shows Off the Doggie

GameStop has released a video unveiling of the mighty Mass Effect 3 collector's edition, including what I'm pretty sure is the first look at Commander Shepard's silly little robot dog.

We've known about the Mass Effect 3 collector's edition since GameStop [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/110774-Mass-Effect-3-Collectors-Edition-Revealed] has apparently just posted a video showing off all its various components. So let's have a look!

The metal case is nice, although I'm not sure who that lady is on the back. Ashley, maybe? I recall her hair being darker, but maybe that nuke going off in her face gave her a little grey. Art books are always fun to flip through after the action and as Shacknews [http://www.shacknews.com/article/71156/mass-effect-3-n7-collectors-edition-includes-bonus-character-and] noticed, a close look at the video clip of this one would seem to reveal the return of at least one character BioWare hasn't talked about yet.

The "bonus squad appearances" don't impress me much but Jimmy Vega and Special K sure do look sharp, and I'm always up for more guns, even if they inevitably end up nearly worthless compared to the serious late-game firepower. Oh, and there's the little robotic pooch - I'm going to call him Bruce. The 4x6 lithograph looks nice, although I still think it's just a postcard, as does the N7 patch. There's also a soundtrack, a comic, avatars, and a bonus mission and character.

The ME3CE is going for $79.99, compared to $59.99 for the regular edition, and I'd say that's a pretty good haul for an extra 20 bucks. Mass Effect 3 comes out on March 6, 2012, for the Xbox 3 60, PlayStation 3 and PC.

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
From what I was led to believe the female on the back of the CE case is supposed to be the canonical fem-shep they made after they realized how popular the female shepard option had become.

Personally I was kind of hoping for like some really big ultimate collectors editions or something that would perhaps include the Shepard statue you can get off the bioware store. Oh well.

DTWolfwood

Better than Vash!
Oct 20, 2009
just cause im a total fanboy of this franchise, i'll mostly likely buy this. Assuming they have a PC version <.<

CounterAttack

A Writer With Many Faces
Dec 25, 2008
Oh, wow... you have no idea how much I wish I could pre-order this right now. Sadly, I can't afford it, let alone a machine that could run it. *cries in corner*

blizzaradragon

Mar 15, 2010
DTWolfwood said:
just cause im a total fanboy of this franchise, i'll mostly likely buy this. Assuming they have a PC version <.<
They have a PC version of the collector's edition. I already have mine paid off, so I know it exists :p

OT: I can't wait for this game to come out, it's my most anticipated game right now. Well other than Skyward Sword, but that's just two days away so it's time to look to the future!

Also Andy, the chick on the back is the Female Shepard that fans voted on as the canonical Shepard to go along with Male Shepard on the front.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Yeah, I'd say that's worth my cash. Why not end the series with a collectors edition, eh?

My Robo-dog shall be named "Quark".

EDIT: Oh hey, 0:28. Jack is back, fuck yes!

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
And it comes out the day before my birthday. I'd say the CE would be a wonderful gift for me to give myself. I may meander over to GameStop to put some money down on it during my lunch break today.

Joey245

Jan 29, 2009
I already pre-ordered the CE from Gamestop a while ago, and now this video makes me even more excited. WANT.

Also, if that's that the ME3 soundtrack is going to sound like, judging by the music in the trailer, I'm even more stoked.

Now, I just need to come up with 70 more dollars somehow...

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Considering that the Collectors Edition is only 20 USD more than the regular edition, I'm sure that all that additional stuff is worth FAR more than $20, especially on launch day.

I will definitely be getting this. I already have Origin, so why not?

DustyDrB

Made of ticky tacky
Jan 19, 2010
They announced this back around...June? Yeah, I preordered it then. So what if I'm a fanboy?

Revoked

Nov 18, 2011
Okay, I never buy these, but I think I'm shelling out for this one. The first two games make me proud to be a fanboy and it looks like a pretty darned good product even by the standards of collector's editions.

Andy Chalk said:
The metal case is nice, although I'm not sure who that lady is on the back. Ashley, maybe? I recall her hair being darker, but maybe that nuke going off in her face gave her a little grey.
Female shepard. It says so right next to the image, and there was a massive burst of publicity about it on this very site.

Zhukov said:
EDIT: Oh hey, 0:28. Jack is back, fuck yes!
Sharp eyes dude. Thanks for pointing that out, I'd have missed her. And she's lookin' pretty good too from what (little) I can see; not bald any more, but as redesigns go she still looks like herself (unlike Ashley).

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Veloxe said:
From what I was led to believe the female on the back of the CE case is supposed to be the canonical fem-shep they made after they realized how popular the female shepard option had become.

Personally I was kind of hoping for like some really big ultimate collectors editions or something that would perhaps include the Shepard statue you can get off the bioware store. Oh well.
blizzaradragon said:
Also Andy, the chick on the back is the Female Shepard that fans voted on as the canonical Shepard to go along with Male Shepard on the front.
Revoked said:
Andy Chalk said:
The metal case is nice, although I'm not sure who that lady is on the back. Ashley, maybe? I recall her hair being darker, but maybe that nuke going off in her face gave her a little grey.
Female shepard. It says so right next to the image, and there was a massive burst of publicity about it on this very site.
Uh... guys?

The man is joking.

MasterSplinter

Jul 8, 2009
What?! Liara is a bonus character?
I thought she would be back as a normal character.
I am disappointed =(

I am also disappointed for no steam release. Damn EA and it's Origin.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Oh, maybe it's that other chick. Thunderbuns whatshername, the Australian broad. You know the one I mean, right?