Assassins Creed Makes For Dangerously Pretty Art Nouveau

vansau

Mortician of Love
May 25, 2010
Assassins Creed Makes For Dangerously Pretty Art Nouveau

It's probably safe to say that this Assassins Creed fanart looks better than the games do.

The Assassins Creed games have some great artwork, often featuring styles that span roughly a thousand years of history. One technique that has yet to appear in the game, though, is <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Nouveau>Art Nouveau. Based on this collection of fan art, though, it clearly needs to be.

The artwork is by DeviantArt user S. Strand, who actually has quite a bit of Assassins Creed-themed art on their page (as well as a lot of other stunning pieces). These Nouveau pieces are done in the style of Czech artist <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alphonse_Mucha>Alphonse Mucha and show off all the major characters from the series in a pretty original fashion.

[gallery=556]

It's a shame that none of pieces are available for sale; I'd totally order some of these to hang on my wall. That said, maybe Ubisoft will consider contracting with Strand and printing some custom prints to include with the collector's edition of Assassins Creed 3.

Source: Geeks Are Sexy

Soviet Heavy

Jan 22, 2010
Damn those are pretty. Imagine if the games were done stylized like this. I might actually buy one then. If it wasn't being made by Ubisoft of course.

Raggedstar

Jul 5, 2011
That one with DaVinci has now become one of my life mottos *says while she SHOULD be studying like a good college student*.

But ya, joking aside those pictures are lovely. Really digging that style.

ImperialSunlight

Nov 18, 2009
ForgottenPr0digy said:
DVS BSTrD said:
Altiar's tagline suits him perfectly.
Your relationship with Apples is complicated Cesare? How about your relationship with your sister?
I agree with him/her on that statement

But how can Altair have his hidden blade out and hold on the apple of eden with the same hand
...A wizard did it.

OT: These look really nice, though I've never really understood what Art Nouveau is exactly. The comments are quite funny, too.

Vanbael

Arctic fox and BACON lover
Jun 13, 2009
You guys missed one:

But I thing that this goes up there with my favorite Assassin's Creed fan art yet. I'm already saving each image.

Ulquiorra4sama

Saviour In the Clockwork
Feb 2, 2010
I'm also gonna be stealing DaVinci's tagline to use for my life's motto. And since nobody bothers to ever source check quotes used in conversation i'll just say it's a quote from DaVinci and it'll even make me look smart :D

But yeah, i'll definitely save these images to my computer seeing as they aren't up for sale. Would be amazing if they'd give away some art like this with AC3 though. It might actually make me go bananas over a preorder for twice... (Drake's ring was something i HAD to own >_>)

ckam

Make America Great For Who?
Oct 8, 2008
I like Da Vinci's line, it's incredibly hilarious and I should totally do my homework now.

Rad Party God

Party like it's 2010!
Feb 23, 2010
Why won't Ubi make the games using cel-shaded graphics with this style?, it would be a thousand times more interesting and beautiful.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
These are awesome. Thanks for sharing these! The artist even managed to make Desmond look rather intimidating. Never figured it was actually possible.
DVS BSTrD said:
Altair's tagline suits him perfectly.
Just what I was thinking!
Even though Altair did actually learn something during his first adventures, I wouldn't expect him to give up all of his impatience with how to do things.

AstylahAthrys

Apr 7, 2010
I think my favorites were Leonardo and Cesare's, mostly because Leonardo's is a motto I can relate to, and Cesare's made me laugh.

Fat Hippo

Prepare to be Gnomed
Legacy
May 29, 2009
These are definitely very well made, but I don't really like this particular art style all that much. I don't why, something about them just doesn't tickle my fancy. The artist is still obviously very talented though.

duchaked

Dec 25, 2008
let's have a spin-off series in this art style!

or wait, the Ezio trilogy IS a spin-off =.=

Cousin_IT

Feb 6, 2008
SupahGamuh said:
Why won't Ubi make the games using cel-shaded graphics with this style?, it would be a thousand times more interesting and beautiful.
Because nobody bought the last one.