Nintendo Unveils 11 Dates for Zelda Orchestra Tour

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Nintendo Unveils 11 Dates for Zelda Orchestra Tour

Sometimes, playing the Song of Time on a ocarina just won't cut it.

Whether you love the Legend of Zelda games with all your heart or hate them with a firey passion, it's impossible to deny that the series has some of the most recognisable and iconic music in videogame history. You know it, I know it, and Nintendo knows, which is probably why the series' 25th birthday celebrations include a orchestral tour around North America, playing music from all of the games to date.

Nintendo has announced 11 dates so far, across the United States and Canada. The dates are as follows:

[li]Jan. 10th: Dallas, Texas[/li]

[li]March 14th: Vancouver, British Columbia[/li]

[li]March 26th: Seattle, Washington[/li]

[li]March 28th: San Francisco, California[/li]

[li]April 7th: Denver, Colorado[/li]

[li]April 20th-21st: Phoenix, Arizona[/li]

[li]May 12th: Atlanta, Georgia[/li]

[li]May 31st: Montreal, Quebec[/li]

[li]June 22nd: Austin, Texas[/li]

[li]July 14th: Orlando, Florida[/li]

[li]Sept. 29th: Toronto, Ontario[/li]

Unfortunately for folks in Dallas, the tickets for the January 10th show are sold out. Conversely, tickets for the Toronto show don't go on sale until March 31st, so you've got plenty of time to save the $50 - $150 the tickets cost. Full details, including how to buy tickets for your concert of choice, are available on the official website [http://zelda-symphony.com/], and don't worry if you don't live in any of those cities, as Nintendo says that it will add more dates during the year. With a little luck the tour might even make it to Europe.

Source: CVG [http://www.computerandvideogames.com/331447/zelda-orchestra-gets-11-more-dates-in-us/?cid=OTC-RSS&attr=CVG-General-RSS]

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
Holy hell I did not expect them to come to AZ! I'm so there!

This is pretty damn cool, and I actually forgot all about that concert too.

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
And this means pratically fuck all to anyone outside of North America............disappointed, I really am.

Come to London, at least London please.

Marshall Honorof

Feb 16, 2011
I'm really, really hoping they announce a New York metro area date. Granted, it won't be until at least October, but I've got time.

ResonanceSD

Guild Warrior
Legacy
Dec 14, 2009
Country
Australia
wooty said:
And this means pratically fuck all to anyone outside of North America............disappointed, I really am.

Try living in Australia. =D I looked at this with stupid, stupid levels of optimism.

Knusper

Sep 10, 2010
It would be pretty cool if they came to Britain. I'm not a fan of the series but I do have the main theme on my mp3 player and I have some friends who would probably love it.

DarthSka

Mar 28, 2011
Bige1516 said:
*Sigh*

I wish these kind of events come to Gulf Coast Mississippi.
Wow. I didn't expect to see someone else from here. But yeah, these things things rarely come to this area, sometimes the Coast Coliseum and New Olreans if we're lucky. I might try for Atlanta or Orlando.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Hey look at that, I can potentially go to the Atlanta show! Kind of surprised they're not doing a show in DC but oh well...all I really need to do is save up a bit...I loved the CD that came with Skyward Sword and I know seeing it live will be infinitely better.

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
wooty said:

This is actually known as the North American Tour of 2012. And they are also not coming anywhere remotely near me. So there is hope that they might come to other countries. after 2012.

JWAN

Dec 27, 2008
No Chicago? they must be coming to Chicago, EVERYTHING comes through Chicago. If we get "Cats", or some other bullshit this year INSTEAD of this. I'm going to blow a gasket.

coolkirb

Jan 28, 2011
Hmmmm I could make it to the Montreal or Toronto Show, best keep those dates open in case.

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
Aww...they're going to San Fransisco, but no farther south in California? Dammit, and that's a Wednesday, can't even make a road trip from San Diego...

Vkmies

Oct 8, 2009
Do another europe-tour, damnit!

You missed Finland! I NEED to see this!