A Dark souls Anime adaption.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
I just had the thought a while ago back about how great Dark souls story is. Now wait before you say (How dare you bring that trash mouth in here you handsome fellow Mavinchious Maximus Ultimus Supreme Prime! Dark souls doesn't have much of a story at all, its just a bland save the world JRPG!) I would like to point out Dark souls has a RIDICULOUSLY deep story that has been covered by one of my favorite youtubers EpicNameBro. Here's one of his many great videos covering the lore, I suggest you check him out...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXqb6NAdVzo

Anyways back to my topic. I think dark souls has the best story of anything I played in 2011, and its still tops anything of 2012. It's bloody fantastic, and I think a anime adaption to it has the potential to be magnificent. I think it should be a Bones production and if it gets dubbed it should be by Funimation. I think the story should take place during the age everlasting dragons and when Gwyn fights the dragons with Nito, Seath and the Chaos witches. It would do a great job clearing up allot of the questions in the Lore.

So Escapist, what do you guys think about a anime adaption of Dark souls?

Exius Xavarus

Casually hardcore. :}
May 19, 2010
As much as I love Dark Souls, I think live action would suit better than an anime style. Would certainly be interesting, though.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
ExiusXavarus said:
As much as I love Dark Souls, I think live action would suit better than an anime style. Would certainly be interesting, though.
Live action would be great too. If they make a movie adaption I think it should be a trilogy covering the two bells of awakening in the first one, Acquiring the Lord vessel in the second one, and having the chosen undead obtain all the Lord souls in the third.

Of course they will need to find a crazy bastard to play Solaire, possibly Robert Downey Jr.

al4674

May 27, 2011
How do you maintain that element of solitude? The feeling of abandonement and loneliness is pretty much the bulk of the Souls experience at atmosphere. Take that away and you take a away a lot of which makes the Souls series so unique in the first place.

Exius Xavarus

May 19, 2010
Mavinchious Maximus said:
ExiusXavarus said:
Live action would be great too. If they make a movie adaption I think it should be a trilogy covering the two bells of awakening in the first one, Acquiring the Lord vessel in the second one, and having the chosen undead obtain all the Lord souls in the third.

Of course they will need to find a crazy bastard to play Solaire, possibly Robert Downey Jr.
Downey Jr. would make an excellent Solaire. He would also make for an excellent Crestfallen Warrior.

Now what would be interesting is the dialogue they could create for encounters with Knight Kirk and Maneater Mildred and the like.

krazykidd

Mar 22, 2008
al4674 said:
How do you maintain that element of solitude? The feeling of abandonement and loneliness is pretty much the bulk of the Souls experience at atmosphere. Take that away and you take a away a lot of which makes the Souls series so unique in the first place.
Ever watch the movie I AM LEGEND? They managed to pull it off .

OT: It could be done . It would be hard to pull it off well though .

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
ExiusXavarus said:
Downey Jr. would make an excellent Solaire. He would also make for an excellent Crestfallen Warrior.

Now what would be interesting is the dialogue they could create for encounters with Knight Kirk and Maneater Mildred and the like.
I wonder who would play Black Iron Tarkus, he would have a really baddass scene where he makes the Iron Golem his ***** http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbHtRggFsNA. Then a few scenes later he falls off the rafters in the church in Anor Londo.

Yeah Kirk and Lautrec have some interesting back-stories and interesting motivations.

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
Well if they do have a story then they sure as hell do a great job of avoiding it, even the intro is as empty as you could possibly make it.

However this is where the anime/movie can come in to remedy the problem, since the game is all about the ***** hard gameplay you can just make it about the story to complement the game and set up context for more.

Exius Xavarus

May 19, 2010
Mr.K. said:
Well if they do have a story then they sure as hell do a great job of avoiding it, even the intro is as empty as you could possibly make it.

However this is where the anime/movie can come in to remedy the problem, since the game is all about the ***** hard gameplay you can just make it about the story to complement the game and set up context for more.
The story in Dark Souls(and even in Demons's Souls) is not so obvious as in other games. Some of it, you have to go out of your way to find, some of it's clear as mud, some of it is crystal clear. They have a unique way of telling their story, in that it's very organic. You decide what happens, what doesn't happen, where and when it goes down, all that fun stuff. It really leaves the door open for roleplaying, should you be into that. A lot of people hate it and think there's no story, but I wish more games were like this.

And I think Michael Clarke Duncan would make an awesome Black Iron Tarkus. He's tall, he's beefy and he has a very strong, commanding voice.

Mavinchious Maximus

Apr 13, 2011
Mr.K. said:

Most of the story is hidden from you. You have to talk to the NPCs and read item descriptions to get a good idea of whats going on.

EDIT:Bwah, i've been ninja'd.