A DDR Miracle on 4th and 2nd

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
A DDR Miracle on 4th and 2nd

I should mention that there are plenty of problems with this game's execution. I should also mention that I've dealt out my fair share jokes at the expense of the DDR hardcore. However, I found that all of these concerns and preconceptions vanished as I put on my best tracksuit and tore open the packaging. It was a night of lessons as I learned that you could indeed bring the funk to right angled steps. I also learned that that DDR is exponentially more interesting with ridiculous clothing on, a realization that finally addressed my longstanding puzzlement at the obsession with parachute pants. But mostly I learned that serendipity comes in many forms, not the least of which is dancing in a square to the beat of rawkus Japanese club music.

PhoenixFlame

Dec 6, 2007
The sad part is that trying to look cool and not at all geeky by doing crazy dance moves on a plastic pad has been superceded by trying to look cool and not at all geeky by doing crazy pseudo riffs on a plastic guitar.

But I bet the parachute pants are still there.

I liked DDR, and played regularly for a while. I was decent - your run of the mill "Normal" player, who could impress a room full of DDR-ignorant folks or young children.

Good to see you got some mileage out of someone else's trash.

tendo82

Uncanny Valley Cave Dweller
Nov 30, 2007
fsanch said:
The sad part is that trying to look cool and not at all geeky by doing crazy dance moves on a plastic pad has been superceded by trying to look cool and not at all geeky by doing crazy pseudo riffs on a plastic guitar.
Expect the sequel to this post in five years, when I find a guitar hero bundle on the ground somewhere.

Kiroshimatsu

Oct 17, 2008
Aw lucky! It was too expensive back in the day! I remember having to beg and beg and BEG FOR IT.

Now the good pads (for me they were red Octane pads) aren't even sold anymore *sad face*