A drink from the Noob cup

LooK iTz Jinjo

Feb 22, 2009
So what was the last thing you did, didn't know etc. That made you feel like an absolute noob? I took a drink from the cup this morning when I posted on my facebook the Bioshock quote "A man chooses, a slave obeys" my friend then replied with "this one looks like he just had his cherry popped" which is, of course, yet another bioshock quote. I, not having played the game in a while, didn't remember it and so was just "umm.. What? " Another friend had to inform me.

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
I'm a shocker in any game that allows me to get my hands on grenades. I have the throw control of a noob with no fingers or eyes :p

[Edit]

Oh, and shooting the damned witch. I ALWAYS shoot the damned witch, even if I'm trying hard to avoid her.

blankedboy

Feb 7, 2009
I hate it when I'm owning up in Sauerbraten (LOOK IT UP, IT'S FUCKING AWESOME AND BARELY ANYONE PLAYS IT) and then pull a great big noob turd out of my ass and start sucking like a vacuum cleaner. Everyone laughs...

Diablini

May 24, 2009
Zombie Panic:Source, I'm very good at it but when a griefer or a few nooblets join in. We all get raped. The griefers break the barricades and the noobs do stupid things like open the door or barricade a large room with a 1 meter plank.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
Gears of War 2. The mission where Marcus and Dom were in the Thingamabob on the ice lake and the Locust Thingamajics kept hurling stuff at you and at the ice ahead of you. I was a complete failure and kept falling in through the ice. Worst of all I was playing the game on Co-Op and my friend had enough after three failed attempts to cross the lake. He then asked to switch controllers and he made it across in one go.

I can never live that episode down.

Kaboose the Moose

Feb 15, 2009
stinkychops said:
Skarin said:
Gears of War 2. The mission where Marcus and Dom were in the Thingamabob on the ice lake and the Locust Thingamajics kept hurling stuff at you and at the ice ahead of you. I was a complete failure and kept falling in through the ice. Worst of all I was playing the game on Co-Op and my friend had enough after three failed attempts to cross the lake. He then asked to switch controllers and he made it across in one go.

Ha, don't worry, its just memory and dodgy car controls.
I suppose so. I am really bad with racing games and driving scenarios. I 'll end up hitting every stationary hazard there is on the screen even if it is in the opposite direction. I just hope this talent doesn't creep into my real life driving skills.

>.>

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
I hate it when I'm owning up in Sauerbraten (LOOK IT UP, IT'S FUCKING AWESOME AND BARELY ANYONE PLAYS IT) and then pull a great big noob turd out of my ass and start sucking like a vacuum cleaner. Everyone laughs...
Sauerbraten is a pot roast... o_0

Oh wait, its a game too. Cube 2: Sour-roastmeat? ಠ_ಠ

Repulsionary

Jan 21, 2009
Skarin said:

I remember that. It took my fiance and I at least four different resets to get across. We finally just let the locusts bombard the lakes ahead of us so that he could get across the safe path while I tried in vain to take out the guys in turrets.

On-topic: I always feel like a noob. In FPSs, I'm cannon fodder. In fighting games, I'm a button masher. In RPGs I'm usually the one diddling around or getting fed up with leveling. In MMOs I'm usually the crap DPS of the group, unless I'm the healer, as well as getting fed up with leveling. Plus, all I own is a laptop, so any games with driving sections are out.
It took me a MONTH to get past the first mission in Saint's Row 2 because of how bad my laptop is with the graphics, and how horribly finicky the key controls are for the cars. And now I'm stuck at ANOTHER mission that of course, involves a car chase.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
when i started dying 2 times whenever i get a kill in COD4. im not too much into scores, but its kinda embarressing.

that, or when i get owned by Crawlers or Gorefasts in Killing Floor.

Christemo

Jan 13, 2009
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Christemo said:
when i started dying 2 times whenever i get a kill in COD4. im not too much into scores, but its kinda embarressing.
No, pretty much everyone has a K/D like that.
usually i dont, actually... thats what make it so embarresing. in a server with around 20 people, depending on the map, i usually have a score of 45-23 or something around that.

Sonicron

Do the buttwalk!
Mar 11, 2009
PoisonUnagi said:
Interesting... someone has made one of my favorite meals into a game. Scary. A Sauerbraten with bullets and explosions.

FallenJellyDoughnut

Jun 28, 2009
Christemo said:
FallenJellyDoughnut said:
Christemo said:
No, pretty much everyone has a K/D like that.
usually i dont, actually... thats what make it so embarresing. in a server with around 20 people, depending on the map, i usually have a score of 45-23 or something around that.
Well thats just ducky. What? Don't like being around us NORMAL people then?! Huh? Huh?! DO YA?! DO YA?! /retardism

QuirkyTambourine

Jul 26, 2009
The part in HL2 Ep 1 where you're riding down the elevator deeper into The Citadel, I died about 15 times getting hit by falling debris, while my friends watched and laughed. I couldn't get my gravity gun to freaking register a hit on the debris

Jaythulhu

Jun 19, 2008
Skarin said:
I 'll end up hitting every stationary hazard there is on the screen even if it is in the opposite direction.
Is that not the point of racing games?