A Eulogy to Demons Souls

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
So Demons Souls multiplayer was finally terminated on the 28th of February 2018.

Lets take a moment to reminisce about and appreciate the games sheer jank.

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
Demons, sing thee to thy rest.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
I remember really liking the trailer for the game when it came out in like october 2009 or so. Wanted to get it but I never really enjoyed From Software games that much. Bought it anyway and glad I did b/c goddamn was this game insanely fun and nothing else I ever played. I remember playing it like you would God of War or DmC and dying over and over and then it finally 'clicked' and found the methodological approach to combat so much more fun and rewarding than button mashing. The sinister atmosphere also got me from the get-go. An absolute dream game which legacy persists to this day. Thank you, Hidetaka Miyazaki!

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
I revisited it the other day after servers were shut off and did a run through the tutorial. It?s been almost exactly three years since my last NG+++ session but damned if it didn?t still feel great. I?d start another playthrough if I still didn?t have unfinished SoulsBorne to attend to.

I hope whatever Miyazaki and Co are working on next holds up to the gem they created a decade ago. Kudos to them for making crafting one of the best gaming journies in existence.

Jadak

Nov 4, 2008
Johnny Novgorod said:
If it had been forced, sure. But why is having less features a good thing?
Not saying this is this case as I haven't played the game since it released, but if the features were regarded as negative to this person then not having them would be a good thing.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
Jadak said:
Johnny Novgorod said:
If it had been forced, sure. But why is having less features a good thing?
Not saying this is this case as I haven't played the game since it released, but if the features were regarded as negative to this person then not having them would be a good thing.
Eh, I barely used online myself. It came in handy for trading though.

CaitSeith

Formely Gone Gonzo
Legacy
Jun 30, 2014
That's a shame. Now if you want to play as a boss in the Souls series, you'll have no choice but to do it in Dark Souls III - The Ringed City DLC.

gigastar

Insert one-liner here.
Sep 13, 2010
CaitSeith said:
That's a shame. Now if you want to play as a boss in the Souls series, you'll have no choice but to do it in Dark Souls III - The Ringed City DLC.
At least for now.