Australia

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
In a bit of positive news, the head honchos at Xbox and Playstation have reacted negatively to this and Microsoft is revaluating their relationship with Activision-Blizzard.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

And Bobby thought all the photoshopped devil horns were making it hard for him to get dates....
I wonder if this is the shredded evidence that has now somehow resurfaced? Like someone found another copy.

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Reactions: Dalisclock

Dwarvenhobble

Is on the Gin
May 26, 2020
Curious, if they do fully delist these games, wouldn't this give cause for Acti-Blizz to make some counter against this? Like this violates a contract they have with Sony or something?

Don't know how these deals between publishers work.
More likely it'll be refusing to do special deals with Activision in the future for exclusive content. I doubt they'd pull COD entirely

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra

"I swear, if I don't fix this within a timeframe I consider reasonable, I'll leave." Yeah, uh-huh, fuck that. Kick his ass out. I want to see him with this reaction.
He's had plenty of time to fix the problem, and he spent that time being part of it. Excise the cancer.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
More likely it'll be refusing to do special deals with Activision in the future for exclusive content. I doubt they'd pull COD entirely
This seems likely. Both Xbox and Playstation have had timed exclusive content agreements with different Activision titles in the past, and I assume that losing something like that would be a financial hit of a couple million dollars probably. Not a huge amount when you consider that Call of Duty makes billions on its own, but investors never like to know that money was left on the table.

Reactions: Dwarvenhobble

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Its been a week? Has the walkout already happened?
There was a walkout that happened the same day the article dropped. Also as far as I know all of the Activision Blizzard studios were hastily given this week off, my guess to preempt further walkouts. It's hard to have a work stoppage when management decided no one is going to be working that week anyway.

Dirty Hipsters

Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
Activision stock has lost about 40% of its value since this scandal started. In Feb 2021 the stock was at about $104 a share, in June it was at $99.18, and at the time of this writing it closed today at $60.

That's not as monumentally bad for Activision as it sounds. In March of 2019 the stock was at $42, and then skyrocketed up mostly because of Call of Duty Warzone and Call of Duty Mobile to unprecedented levels at the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021. So the stock losing 40% of its value isn't a killing blow for the company by any means, but it's amazing how absolutely massive the reputational hit is.

I can't say I'm unhappy with the idea that Bobby lost a significant chunk of his value either (I assume a lot of his wealth is in company stock).

Reactions: BrawlMan

thebobmaster

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 5, 2020
Country
United States
Activision stock has lost about 40% of its value since this scandal started. In Feb 2021 the stock was at about $104 a share, in June it was at $99.18, and at the time of this writing it closed today at $60.

That's not as monumentally bad for Activision as it sounds. In March of 2019 the stock was at $42, and then skyrocketed up mostly because of Call of Duty Warzone and Call of Duty Mobile to unprecedented levels at the end of 2020 and beginning of 2021. So the stock losing 40% of its value isn't a killing blow for the company by any means, but it's amazing how absolutely massive the reputational hit is.

I can't say I'm unhappy with the idea that Bobby lost a significant chunk of his value either (I assume a lot of his wealth is in company stock).
It's not catastrophic, but I should point out that they've lost 40% of their stock DESPITE the release of Call of Duty: Vanguard. Not even CoD has been enough to bring back their stock. That's not something to be glanced over.