United States of America
Fuck off.

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
Fuck off.
"A union will take away your right to fight alone against a giant corporation with far more resources than you could ever hope to have. Don't let that happen!"

Reactions: BrawlMan

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I wouldn't make Halo Infinite multiplayer a shiny beacon. It only looks better in comparison to Vanguard. Take away Vanguard, and Halo infinite has its many own set of issues.

Also, Halo ain't helping with shit; especially your shit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Fallen Soldier

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Killing Raven Software won't change damn thing. Plus, show your respect you ungrateful shit heads. If you wanna get rid of someone, remove the snake by the head. Eliminate Bobby and his dick sucker board of directors.
https://gamingintel.com/warzone-fans-want-raven-software-replaced-new-developer/

Reactions: Fallen Soldier

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
Well, that's not good. That rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper. The company is just full of assholes on the payroll.

Toxic work culture is never just isolated incidents.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
If it dies, it dies. I won't miss COD.

Quit the league dude, and I find something better.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
If it dies, it dies. I won't miss COD.
Maybe. But I used to play World of Tanks, and my experience that suggests to me many games are impressively resilient to even gross incompetence. Sure, I and many others depart. But evidently there were enough new players that they didn't miss us.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
Maybe. But I used to play World of Tanks, and my experience that suggests to me many games are impressively resilient to even gross incompetence. Sure, I and many others depart. But evidently there were enough new players that they didn't miss us.
I mainly wanted to paraphrase Drago as a joke, but COD can live or die, and I could not give much of a rat's ass. Though I prefer dead. Regardless, dead or alive, I find the franchise useless and not worth my time.

Last edited:

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
I mainly wanted to paraphrase Drago as a joke, but COD could live or die, I could not give much of a rat's ass. Though I prefer dead. Regardless, dead or alive, I find the franchise useless and not worth my time.
I might have played one years ago, but I'm not sure as I can't meaningfully distinguish it from Battlefield, Medal of Honor, or any of the other generic shootery things.

XsjadoBlayde

~it ends here~
Apr 29, 2020
It's genuinely impressive, well done ActiBlizz

UPDATE 9/3/22: Four more Activision Blizzard shareholders have filed lawsuits against the company over its planned acquisition by Microsoft, bringing the total now to six.

Polygon reported that these legal notices take a similar stance as the original two filings - that Activision Blizzard's deal violates the Securities and Exchange Act (more on all that below).

In related news, three potential Activision Blizzard stockholders were today revealed as under investigation by US authorities for possible insider trading related to the deal itself.
Hold up, what's that sneaky lil' footnote there?

The grifts a keep a coming!

The US Justice Department and SEC are investigating potential insider trading connected to Microsoft's $69bn buyout Activision, the Wall St Journal has reported, and specifically the large bets placed on stock by three men, just days prior to the deal becoming public.

On 14th January, the men spent more than $100m on Activision stock options priced at just $40/share, underneath the company's then $63 price. In effect, they were already making a profit.

Four days later, on 18th February, Activision announced it was being bought in a deal worth $95/share. If and when this deal is ratified, the men stand to make more than $100m in profit.

Who are these men? There's former chairman and CEO of 20th Century Fox Barry Diller, music mogul and Dreamworks co-founder David Geffen, and socialite Alexander von Furstenberg, son of German Prince Egon von Fürstenberg. The trio are now being investigated as to how they knew each other, and what they may have known of Activision being acquired.

Barry Diller. Image credit: CNBC.

However, various details are already public. For example, it's interesting to note that billionaire Diller has served alongside controversial Activision Blizzard boss Bobby Kotick for years as a board member at Coca-Cola.

Diller and Geffen have been lifelong friends, the WSJ reported, and previously worked together. As for von Fürstenberg - well, Diller is now married to his mum.

"It was simply a lucky bet," Diller told WSJ. "We acted on no information of any kind from anyone. It is one of those coincidences."

Microsoft and Activision declined to comment.
Genuinely. Impressive.

[If you see another post that looks exactly like this one here, don't approach it, don't feed it, don't even make eye contact...it's not the real post, this one is. 🧐]

Eacaraxe

Elite Member
Legacy
May 28, 2020
Country
United States
Specific to WoT? And hell, you could say the same about any MOBA, but...it's more the case there are enough whales to keep the game profitable, and a "lively enough" competitive scene to keep a sustain the influx of seals to club. Even then, WoT's current player base is the smallest it's been since that major artillery nerf a few years ago that threw the entire game's balance out of whack.

I started around the time WG started offering premium ammo and consumables with silver. On one hand, you had the vets pissed that would wreck long-term game balance (which it didn't), the seals pissed premium ammo/consumables were ludicrously expensive and therefore not usable every round if you were buying with silver, and the whales pissed their advantages were no longer exclusive to them. So naturally, WG's response to this all was...start introducing overpowered tanks that made premium ammo obsolete, which were only accessible through in-game purchases and/or premium subscriptions on a realistic time frame.

That's not so much gross incompetence, as it is Wargaming knows who pays their bills...and that ain't the average F2P seal. WG's game balance and marketing decisions are hardly a recipe for good sustainment and population growth, sure, but that doesn't mean they're stupid. It means their business intent isn't sustainment.