A Formal Thread about Activision/Blizzard

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
I forgot that I even posted that. I didn't know they were a site like The Onion at the time. I already know now. @The Rogue Wolf told me yesterday.
I know. Hence why I used his precise formulation. I also know that you afterwards claimed to never have heard of the website before. This was a way to point out that you actually have accidentally used a satirical website as a news source before.

Last edited:

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I know. Hence why I used his precise formulation. I also know that you afterwards claimed to never have heard if the website before. This was a way to point out that you actually have accidentally used a satirical website as a news source before.
I appreciate the clarity, sincerity, and effort, but I'm more than aware at this point. Never making the same mistake again.

Reactions: Bedinsis

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I am so jaded this isn't gonna go anywhere, settle out of court or we never hear of this again
We'll see. I'm not expecting much either, but if OWL can completely bleed these suckers for all they got; go for it.

mirbrownbread

Elite Member
Nov 16, 2022
Belgium
Country
Belgium
Amazing! How can a guy who looks so much like a grinning comic book villain continue to pilot one of the most successful companies of all time for years, all the while the media exposes his true self - and yet, the brand's image remains unscathed or is getting even more successful for that matter ?! (after all, Diablo Immoral was a huge success ROI wise...)

Reactions: BrawlMan

Ag3ma

Elite Member
Jan 4, 2023
Amazing! How can a guy who looks so much like a grinning comic book villain continue to pilot one of the most successful companies of all time for years, all the while the media exposes his true self - and yet, the brand's image remains unscathed or is getting even more successful for that matter ?! (after all, Diablo Immoral was a huge success ROI wise...)
One might wonder whether, no matter how much of a **** he is, Activision Blizzard being one of the most successful game companies of all time has a fair bit to do with him. In fact, I might suggest that his company's success and his lack of personal popularity are connected, because they indicate how effective Activision Blizzard has been at emptying its customers pockets by any means available.

Reactions: BrawlMan

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017

Blizzard wants people to come back to the office for at least 3-days a week and people are mad about it.

Blizzard is a shit company, but I really don't understand the mentality that people should be upset about having to go to work. Nobody had a problem going to the office pre-covid, and nobody should have a problem going to work now. There is no argument to make about not going to the office because you have a job that sits behind a computer desk.

People have argued that Zoom meetings allow for the same productivity but that's a lie, Zoom is unreliable, connections go bad, and it's not a very secure program especially when you want to keep video game development underwraps. Plus you loose a lot of interpersonal brainstorming in creative fields when not done in person. There are a lot of merits to being in the office for things like comparing notes, planning, bug fixing, etc, at least part time. It doesn't seem like an unreasonable ask especially considering that pre-covid work from home would NEVER have been on the table in the first place.

Buyetyen

Elite Member
May 11, 2020
Country
USA
People have argued that Zoom meetings allow for the same productivity but that's a lie, Zoom is unreliable, connections go bad, and it's not a very secure program especially when you want to keep video game development underwraps. Plus you loose a lot of interpersonal brainstorming in creative fields when not done in person. There are a lot of merits to being in the office for things like comparing notes, planning, bug fixing, etc, at least part time. It doesn't seem like an unreasonable ask especially considering that pre-covid work from home would NEVER have been on the table in the first place.
Offices are stale, stifling, soul-crushing places that we're evolving past as a society. The only people who want to keep offices are micro-managers who insist on policing worker behavior at all times. And I've done plenty of jam sessions over Discord with no issues, so that's not really an issue either.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I don't blame the workers and I can see their complaints. Zoom is reliable depending on how you use it. You can keep the meetings private by giving out pass codes, and using a different one each time for extra security measures. You don't need to be in an office for brainstorming. I am in favor of the workers, because you can't trust AB for shit.

Reactions: Dalisclock

Samtemdo8

Elite Member
Legacy
Apr 25, 2020
Country
Private
Offices are stale, stifling, soul-crushing places that we're evolving past as a society. The only people who want to keep offices are micro-managers who insist on policing worker behavior at all times. And I've done plenty of jam sessions over Discord with no issues, so that's not really an issue either.
Humanity is evolving to a point where we don't have to go outside of our houses anymore it seems.

Reactions: Dalisclock

CriticalGaming

Elite Member
Legacy
Dec 28, 2017
We kept being told that working from home was an unreasonable demand. Then COVID came around and proved that to be bullshit.
Alright let's all work from home then. Who wants to tell the restaurants, amusement parks, virtually all recreation, national parks, etc.

This argument really only applies to people who do "office work" and not other work force even has a remote (ha punny) chance of getting the same treatment.

On a small scale sure.

But offices are designed for a mass work force (especially one working towards the same goal like a video game) to keep everyone on the same page without a ridiculous network.

Not all offices are stifling or soul-crushing (Blizzard's might but that's not the point). And that doesn't come from the fact of being in an office, but rather from the work the employees actually do. Many people work in jobs they hate, or jobs that aren't fulfilling to their passions. Very few people have the luxury of doing jobs they actually enjoy, and as a result that is what makes the offices feel that way for people, not the fact you are in a workplace environment entirely.