A Glorious Dream...That I Need Help With.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
The task is not too daunting, fellow Escapists.
After a night of Starcraft 2. A few wins, but mostly losses, I fell asleep and dreamed StarCraft. But the last part of the dream, was pure epic. A picture descended from the heavens, bathed in light, and appeared before me. It was a picture of a Zealot with an afro with the captions, "SPAWNING POOL'S CLOSED".
As I am basically tech-inept when it comes to photoshop and paint, I've only created ghastly abominations that should never be allowed to be saved. So, can any Escapists help me? Could you possibly recreate the picture from my dreams?
Edit: I will, as soon as I finish, post my attempt...but I do not know how to post images and make them into a spoiler.

Proarcher

Jan 24, 2010
So you dreamt this? And your trying to illustrate it to share the experience with others?

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
What is it you are wanting help with? I'm not sure if the question is clear.

Frequen-Z

Resident Batman fanatic.
Apr 22, 2009
Can't really criticise you if we can't see your work. Just read a metric tonne of tutorials and sooner or later you'll manage to make something you think is decent.

That's how I learned photoshop, anyway. Just heaps of tutorials.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Sorry about that. I just woke up and my cognitive thinking and sentence structure has been at an all-time low.

Julianking93

May 16, 2009
Wait, what? What are you asking help with?

You want me to just critique your dream? Why?

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Julianking93 said:
Wait, what? What are you asking help with?

You want me to just critique your dream? Why?
I'm sorry. I need to reword my OP. Mostly, I want to see what other people came make from my description in my dream.

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Aylaine said:
Free Thinker said:
The task is not too daunting, fellow Escapists.
After a night of Starcraft 2. A few wins, but mostly losses, I fell asleep and dreamed StarCraft. But the last part of the dream, was pure epic. A picture descended from the heavens, bathed in light, and appeared before me. It was a picture of a Zealot with an afro with the captions, "SPAWNING POOL'S CLOSED".
As I am basically tech-inept when it comes to photoshop and paint, I've only created ghastly abominations that should never be allowed to be saved. So, can any Escapists help me? Could you possibly recreate the picture from my dreams?
Edit: I will, as soon as I finish, post my attempt...but I do not know how to post images and make them into a spoiler.
I would ask someone good with Photoshop, like Julian or Sleeky. :O

They can either help you or point you into the right direction. :)
You're always so helpful. Thanks.

Zeromaxx

Walrus King
Jul 2, 2008
I'm a freelance graphic designer with no work atm, so task accepted. I don't know how well it will turn out though, zealots have some oddly shaped heads :/. I'll give it my all, though.

Edit: I've concluded that I cannot put an afro on anything, it's impossible. Maybe it's just that I've been up for about 30 hours...I'll try again after I get some sleep.

ProGirl

Jul 9, 2010
lol... nice dreams you have. Wish I could help you but my try probably wouldnt be much better than yours - will try and post it :)

Free Thinker

Apr 23, 2010
Zeromaxx said:
I'm a freelance graphic designer with no work atm, so task accepted. I don't know how well it will turn out though, zealots have some oddly shaped heads :/. I'll give it my all, though.

Edit: I've concluded that I cannot put an afro on anything, it's impossible. Maybe it's just that I've been up for about 30 hours...I'll try again after I get some sleep.
Thank you. If you can't get an afro on a Zealot, I give you full permission to go for the Terran Marine.

Zeromaxx

Walrus King
Jul 2, 2008
Free Thinker said:
Zeromaxx said:

Thank you. If you can't get an afro on a Zealot, I give you full permission to go for the Terran Marine.
I'm happy to say that it wasn't a total failure, however it's not much of a success :/. Since I can't sleep you may as well keep this and hold out hopes for a better one. It looks as ridiculous as Samuel L. Jackson in Pulp Fiction.

Edit: I apparently forgot to paste in the image url >.>. Blame the gremlins, everyone!

Datalord

Oct 9, 2008
This is a legend in the making,

Soon, similiar pictures will crop up, like a collosis with an afro burning zerglings, captioned, do it for teh lulz, or a templar with dreadlocks captioned "yo dawg, i heard you liked zerglings"

can't wait