A heartfelt plea from Australia to America

TheRealCJ

Mar 28, 2009
Please, amid all this hubbub concerning R18+ games, cultural divides, and killer fluffy things, people can sometimes forget that Australians are people too. In an effort to promote understanding amongst Americans on the nuances of Australian culture, you have dispatched some kind of emissary to study us and compile a report on us.

This is a plea from me to you: For the next 2-3 weeks, just IGNORE EVERYTHING OPRAH WINFREY SAYS ABOUT AUSTRALIA, AND ANYTHING THAT MAY BE SAID ABOUT AUSTRALIA WITHIN PROXIMITY OF OPRAH WINFREY.

McDonalds never was, nor ever will be a hip popular hangout.

*pantpant*

BonsaiK

Music Industry Corporate Whore
Nov 14, 2007
I hear she's going to try and book a kangaroo ride across the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

voetballeeuw

May 3, 2010
Woah, woah, woah. What the hell is Oprah Winfrey going to say about Australia? And considering the fact that I never listen to talk show hosts, I will ignore her. FOR AUSTRALIA!

May 4, 2009
Done and done. This American hereby promises to ignore Oprah for the good of Austria...erm I mean...Alaska? Dammit which of those joints has the kangaroos?;p

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
What's all this about Oprah?

I'm sure you're all right people. I suppose I can ignore it, especially since I don't bother with what Oprah says most of time.

RaphaelsRedemption

Eats With Her Mouth Full
May 3, 2010
Oprah? I can't watch the tv right now, because of all the footage of her doing inane touristy things here. What's worse is all the people watching her and screaming, it's like she heralds the Second Coming of Christ.

She is smart, popular and business-savvy, I know, but she is only a person. Sheesh, why can't we just leave her to sightsee in peace?

Canadamus Prime

Robot in Disguise
Jun 17, 2009
I'm Canadian, but I never listen to Oprah anyway. In fact, I make a point of not listening to Oprah.

SL33TBL1ND

Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
It's funny, on the ninemsn website yesterday there was a poll about whether or not people cared about Oprah, 90% said they didn't give a fuck about her being here.

bl4ckh4wk64

Walking Mass Effect Codex
Jun 11, 2010
Wait a second... people actually believe the crap that Oprah spews? This is news to me... What did her publishers tell her to say about Australia this time?

Hellz_Barz

May 16, 2009
Wh-what are you saying?

Americans and everyone else listen to Oprah and come and spend your glorious tourist dollars. especially after How many mil we just wasted on trying to get the world-cup.

OT: I doubt Oprah is gonna say anything about video games in Oz.

Jimtopia

Slaving away over a hot laptop.
Oct 3, 2008
Consider her ignored... by me at least. I can't speak for all of America.

mr_rubino

Sep 19, 2010
Unless Oprah was unable to pick up the version of L4D2 she wanted while she was down there, I don't think she'll be saying anything that interests us.

MelziGurl

Jan 16, 2009
Ha, I forgot Oprah was even here until I saw this topic. What can she say about us that wouldn't be said by someone else anyway?

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
TheRealCJ said:
Please, amid all this hubbub concerning R18+ games, cultural divides, and killer fluffy things, people can sometimes forget that Australians are people too. In an effort to promote understanding amongst Americans on the nuances of Australian culture, you have dispatched some kind of emissary to study us and compile a report on us.

This is a plea from me to you: For the next 2-3 weeks, just IGNORE EVERYTHING OPRAH WINFREY SAYS ABOUT AUSTRALIA, AND ANYTHING THAT MAY BE SAID ABOUT AUSTRALIA WITHIN PROXIMITY OF OPRAH WINFREY.

McDonalds never was, nor ever will be a hip popular hangout.

*pantpant*
I make a habit of ignoring everything Oprah says.